Used the Z10 BB map for traffic recently and got sent right into a bad jam. While sitting in traffic, I opened up Google maps and their traffic clearly showed the problem.

Same thing happened again this am. So, a few minutes ago I took pictures of the notorious Cross Bronx Distressway on a Friday pm ahead of a long weekend in the US. Do it yourself or see the (hopefully) attached pics.

BB map barely shows a slowdown...vs stop-and-go for Google map. My experiences and these shots raise the question: from where are these maps getting their data? There is an option to send traffic data in "Location Services" which I do not have on and, presumably, other BB owners (if available in devices other than the Z10) do not have on either. Maybe we need a lot more Z10s in the US... Makes me wonder if the BB map just a generic of typical travel conditions in these areas? Thoughts?Does traffic on Z10 BB Maps even work?-bb-cross-bronx2.jpgDoes traffic on Z10 BB Maps even work?-bb-cross-bronx.jpg
    02-15-13 12:56 PM
    I have had issues with Google maps in my old BB.
    Sometimes it's very accurate, sometimes it's out to lunch.
    My only problem with the maps in the Z10 is that it is missing traffic completely for one of the key roadways in my area that I travel on daily.
    02-15-13 01:10 PM
    probably a delay in the updating of traffic.
    02-15-13 06:06 PM
    I can agree with you the traffic on bbmaps SUCKS ***. it always says all roads are clear and led me right into an hour and a half traffic jam today. terrible, just terrible.
    02-15-13 08:50 PM
    I just turned on the traffic option and nothing happened.
    02-15-13 09:28 PM
    I don't think the traffic feature is working here in Alberta. But the turn-by-turn voice directions were clear and timely.

For traffic updates I run a twitter search for "calgarycommute" and put a talk radio station on. Hopefully the online traffic data will become more reliable as more smartphone owners start using the traffic feeds. In the meantime, I'm happy to rely on other sources.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    kbalaz likes this.
    02-16-13 12:31 AM
    Just got this new Z10 after suffering through a few months of a Windows phone. The Maps app that comes with Windows totally blows this Z10 out of the water. The only way to see in advance where there might be traffic (see the actual RED lines) is to drill way down, practically to street level. Come on! Not only was the Windows phone Maps app MUCH faster, you could see all the traffic areas to avoid AT A GLANCE!

BlackBerry has about 20 days to get better or I'm going back to Windows.
    07-24-13 12:52 PM
    Just got this new Z10 after suffering through a few months of a Windows phone. The Maps app that comes with Windows totally blows this Z10 out of the water. The only way to see in advance where there might be traffic (see the actual RED lines) is to drill way down, practically to street level. Come on! Not only was the Windows phone Maps app MUCH faster, you could see all the traffic areas to avoid AT A GLANCE!

BlackBerry has about 20 days to get better or I'm going back to Windows.
    Well see ya then....

Waze is a great Maps app, so is Mireo Don't Panic. And Waze is FREE and Mireo has a 7 day trial period.
    07-24-13 12:55 PM
    Maybe it is addressed in 10.1 or 10.2. If not then I would plan on heading back to Windows because BBRY is not known for fast responses when given a timeline from someone else. But on the otherhand check with BBRY customer service if there is a fix coming up.
    07-24-13 01:02 PM
    Maps take time to develop, and Mireo is damn good. I use that one alot. Key issue I have with blackberry maps is that is doesn't store the route offline just in case you lose data. It is a good feature and should be implemented.
    07-24-13 01:08 PM
    I'm in the US and when using BlackBerry maps to navigate in both the voice turn by turn and the text view of the direction all show where there is traffic or a slow down. Overall the few times I used it with the latest update it has been pretty accurate. I only have encountered traffic a few times but all showed up on BlackBerry maps. I am on ATT with the newest carrier build 10.1...I don't recall if the old 10.0 did this or not.

What I do miss is the old BlackBerry Traffic on my old 9800...that was the best navigation app I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:23 PM
    Traffic on my BlackBerry maps has never worked yet on my Z10. I've tested it in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago and Detroit.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 02:27 PM
    It has worked on mine. But you can't be too far zoomed I think. It worked where Google maps failed my friends with Android

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:35 PM
    It has worked on mine. But you can't be too far zoomed I think. It worked where Google maps failed my friends with Android

Posted via CB10
    Maybe that's my issue. Zoomed out to far.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 02:36 PM
    Makes me glad I switched to Android a couple of months ago. I enjoyed the old Blackberry Traffic app even though it didn't have a map associated with it. But I'm always driving new places under time constraints and absolutely need a bulletproof nav system on my phone with accurate, up-to-date traffic reports.

If OP's two screencaps were taken at or near the same time, that's absolutely unacceptable and would leave me fuming.
    07-24-13 02:58 PM
    I use BlackBerry maps all the time and it always telling me traffic issues here in los angeles. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:08 PM
    I get traffic warnings all the time on BB Maps -- a triangle with the distance to the wreck, slowdown, etc...
    07-24-13 03:25 PM
    I get traffic warnings all the time on BB Maps -- a triangle with the distance to the wreck, slowdown, etc...
    Agreed, I even got a warning triangle the other day just because I was sat waiting at some traffic lights. Works well for me in the UK...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    07-24-13 04:52 PM
    I live out in the boondocks in California, we're always the last to get anything around here, but traffic works for me.

And why are you using the map view? I'd get so confused trying to find something that way. Navigation view is so much easier.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 05:05 PM
    And why are you using the map view?
    To view traffic and plan alternate routes? At least that is what I would like to use it for.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:02 PM
    To view traffic and plan alternate routes? At least that is what I would like to use it for.

Posted via CB10
    Oh. Yeah, I could see that. I only use the navigation view

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:28 PM
    Bb maps always tells me aloud when I'm going to have traffic congestion and allows me enough time to change my route. I actually like it

I also don't care about seeing pictures of buildings or people. It does its job well. Imo. I'm in Calgary, Alberta.

I do wish it knew about construction and didn't try to make me use half built bridges. Lol.
    07-24-13 09:35 PM
    I always thought the traffic feature was a waste. Wgaf. BlackBerry maps is amazing and better than using a Garmin. Z10 is awesome and if not knowing what roads have traffic is that important go get a windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:36 PM
    This is BlackBerry all about....!

Posted via CB10 ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ for all news as it happens ~
    07-24-13 09:49 PM
    I don't think the traffic feature is working here in Alberta. But the turn-by-turn voice directions were clear and timely.

For traffic updates I run a twitter search for "calgarycommute" and put a talk radio station on. Hopefully the online traffic data will become more reliable
    Good lord man, your phone's traffic app is so bad that you have to listen to traffic reports on the radio and you're ok with that?

I use the nav/traffic app on my Android phone probably a half dozen times a week. Other than SMS and email it's probably the most-used feature on my phone. BB Traffic did a passable job back when I had a Tour... but I don't know how you guys just shrug that sort of thing off. Maybe if you don't drive to new places very much.....
    08-13-13 03:12 PM