I'm on my second T-Mobile device that is experiencing random reboots (no sd card, no secondary apps installed). The leaks did not help me out and actually increased the frequency of reboots (as was the case on .1627 or whatever the last one was).

My question is, does anyone on the official 10.1 release still have random reboots?

My gf is looking for a new phone and is open to BlackBerry but I cannot in good conscious recommend the Z10 given my experience unless the reboots have been fixed.
    I love BlackBerry and would like nothing more to recommend one.
    05-09-13 08:10 AM
    I have not experienced random reboots, i've had my z10 since canadian release day. Try reloading the OS maybe.

Anyways the consensus is that the Z10 is a solid phone and will only get better.

Your girlfriend should get one, android and ios don't compare so it's a no brain er

Not biased at all

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-09-13 08:16 AM
    The simple answer is that nobody can predict until it hits the streets with real users. There are strong hints that the reboot problem is linked to the radio software and conflicts with individual carrier interpretations of the standard protocols, so users on each carrier will get different results. From my own experience the x1627 leak was a huge improvement for me on O2 (UK), but we don't know which file versions will be in whatever release is approved by each carrier.
    niss63 and Grumblegrumble like this.
    05-09-13 08:16 AM
    How would we know? The official 10.1 isn't exactly released.

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 and Savior4Life like this.
    05-09-13 08:17 AM
    I have an unlocked STL100-1 for 2 weeks now. Got it with stock OS and used it for a week until last week when i installed the leaked OS10.1.0.1609 ... never had reboots since i got the phone
    05-09-13 08:27 AM
    How would we know? The official 10.1 isn't exactly released.

Posted via CB10
    From various posts I was under the impression that some carriers had pushed it.
    Like this post for example, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...france-804352/
    05-09-13 08:29 AM
    I have an unlocked STL100-1 for 2 weeks now. Got it with stock OS and used it for a week until last week when i installed the leaked OS10.1.0.1609 ... never had reboots since i got the phone
    Thanks, but this doesn't really help answer my question. I'm asking about an official version of 10.1 as all the leaks I've tried so far result in random reboots.
    05-09-13 08:31 AM
    I have not experienced random reboots, i've had my z10 since canadian release day. Try reloading the OS maybe.

Anyways the consensus is that the Z10 is a solid phone and will only get better.

Your girlfriend should get one, android and ios don't compare so it's a no brain er

Not biased at all

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad it has worked for you but I've tried reloading the OS and virtually every solution that has been presented on these boards.
    The Z10 is a solid phone until it reboots on you during a call.
    05-09-13 08:33 AM
    The simple answer is that nobody can predict until it hits the streets with real users. There are strong hints that the reboot problem is linked to the radio software and conflicts with individual carrier interpretations of the standard protocols, so users on each carrier will get different results. From my own experience the x1627 leak was a huge improvement for me on O2 (UK), but we don't know which file versions will be in whatever release is approved by each carrier.
    Thank you for this, this actually makes a lot of sense. In other words, until T-Mobile releases their own OTA update I just might be out of luck? That is somewhat disappointing to tell you the truth.
    05-09-13 08:37 AM
    Hey @ branta - that's a great answer and thanks for that. It explains why some of us never have the issue and that BlackBerry have a handle on it. Only a matter of time until solution. In the meantime those with reboots should take advantage of the extra free time to start a new hobby, like yoga or knitting.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:41 AM
    Check my thread out. If blackberry had control of pushing the updates we wouldn't have these problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:42 AM
    I nvr gotten reboot before im on stl 100-2

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:52 AM
    Check my thread out. If blackberry had control of pushing the updates we wouldn't have these problems.

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link? I would be interested in knowing why Apple can push the carriers to release updates but BlackBerry can't.
    05-09-13 09:01 AM
    I nvr gotten reboot before im on stl 100-2

Posted via CB10
    I'm really happy for you too! How does this answer my question?
    05-09-13 09:03 AM
    05-09-13 09:06 AM
    Cant speak for others but i never had one
    05-09-13 09:06 AM
    Why do you people who don't have the problem described feel the need to tell everybody that?
    05-09-13 09:10 AM
    You should return / exchange that device. I got one from telus on launch and no reboots issue at all. I am surprised to hear so many ppl are having same issue

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:10 AM
    Cant speak for others but i never had one
    How is this even remotely helpful to the topic and question asked? Don't you think I know not everyone is experiencing reboots? It is comments like these that make every post ultimately useless.
    alphecca and rbwalton like this.
    05-09-13 09:11 AM
    You should return / exchange that device. I got one from telus on launch and no reboots issue at all. I am surprised to hear so many ppl are having same issue

Posted via CB10
    What does the very first line of the post say?
    05-09-13 09:12 AM
    Then youre question is stupid since there is no official 10.1 released yet for the Z10 so actually youre question ( and topic) is ultimately useless
    Last edited by Daveensannie; 05-09-13 at 09:31 AM.
    ESCON likes this.
    05-09-13 09:17 AM
    Then youre question is stupid since there is no official 10.1 released yet for the Z10 so actually youre question is ultimately useless
    If you bothered to read the thread you would see that I've posted a link to other threads where users report official 10.1 releases.
    You are useless and posters like you dilute and make useless the integrity of these threads.
    Unless you have anything useful to say please save your "+1, first! Downloading now! Oooohh can't wait" and other idiotic posts for another thread or better yet Facebook.
    05-09-13 09:34 AM
    Children.......
    kbz1960 and bigopti like this.
    05-09-13 09:36 AM
    From what i have seen in the forums, most of the reboots problems come from verizon and the stl100-4 model.

I have asked every person i know in my country that has a z10 (dominican republic) and none of them have experience reboots, im pretty sure is a software issue by the carrier and not blackberry itself

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:39 AM
    If you bothered to read the thread you would see that I've posted a link to other threads where users report official 10.1 releases.
    You are useless and posters like you dilute and make useless the integrity of these threads.
    Unless you have anything useful to say please save your "+1, first! Downloading now! Oooohh can't wait" and other idiotic posts for another thread or better yet Facebook.
    There are only one or two people in that thread that maybe had the update ( you should have known if you have reading it ) , why did you not PM them with youre question ? Much easier then making ( again ) a useless topic.

Hope someone with the official 10.1 on the Z10 can help you
    05-09-13 09:42 AM
96 123 ...