So which phone do you suggest for that price? Plz no huawei (I dunno if it is written that way) lg and samsung.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:09 PM
    I personally don't buy phones on contract for a few reasons.

1. It's cheaper to buy the phone outright.

2. An unlocked gsm phone can be used with any compatible carrier you want.

Maybe there are other reasons, but these two do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that it is a drawback... bet at the moment, spending �30/month for phone and plan (�720 per 2 years) for me is better option than spend �300 as one off + 15/month for a plan (�660 per 2 years).
    the only reason of that - the cash flow. but the question is: is it worth to buy it now, as we face the uncertainty in the company, lack of apps, etc.,

The other option is Htc One, which comes for the same price, has kind of better specs and much better app support.

Understand me in the right way: I am a BB man. I have 9780 for few years now and find it almost ideal phone for my needs, however, some issues with apps (lack of some of apps) makes me to look for the upgrade. and due to move to other operator, I can get a deal. the only question is - to BB or not to BB?
    09-29-13 06:13 PM
    well, as for androids, the only good phones are google nexus 4 (lg?!) and HTC One, which is a bit more expensive.

that's what people talk.
    09-29-13 06:15 PM
    But here in Italy the htc one costs really much more.. And it is a 1 year phone as the Z10. But: it is not BlackBerry :P While for what nexus 4 is concerned I'm not liking it. Seems to me like a toy. Powerful,handy toy..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:17 PM
    well, I am thinking what to do - some top-specs android or Z10. and can't decide.
    09-29-13 06:31 PM
    The Z10 is still a good value viable phone if you can get it at a good price. Also Windows phones are very good in my opinion if you wanted to consider a second alternative choice. The Nokia 820, 920 are very good value also because they are 9 month old designs and you can get them for less than 300 euro in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:36 PM
    well, I am thinking what to do - some top-specs android or Z10. and can't decide.
    What are you looking for in a phone?
    Androids have the advantage in apps, and customizability. If you want a decent android for a good price check out the nexus 4 (stock android, quad core 1.5 ghz/320 adreno gpu, 8/16 gb romantic, 2gb ram) for $200/250. It does everything an android is supposed to do, and looks nice.
    The HTC one is pricier, but it does have a few advantages over the nexus 4, and z10. At least in terms of speed, and sound quality.

The z10 is decent, and I would only really suggest it if you can get it cheap. The os, and user interface is really impressive. The only drawback is that it does have a lack of apps. That drawback does have it's positive side though in terms of battery life.
    You won't kill your battery running apps, and there aren't really any games on BlackBerry World that will push your z10 to its limits.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:51 PM
    I am very happy with the Z10, had mine since Feb.

I don't know what to say about the apps, because I have all I need and wont, would like to have a Coast to Coast Am app; I am an Insider with Coast via the net, but then it is no trouble to use the browser, have it bookmarked on the BB now.
    Last edited by robhenry24; 09-29-13 at 07:17 PM.
    09-29-13 07:06 PM
    Honestly, I'd say NO NO NO NO NO, a thousand times NO. LOL
    It's a gamble with terrible odds. Worst case scenario, you buy the phone and it's EOL in a few months. Best case scenario, you buy the phone and BB keeps struggling and developers continue to ignore the platform and you just have a basic phone for many years to come. Risk vs benefit ratio is not very good. But hey, I love new devices and tinkering with new OS's etc... so if you have the cash then go for it.
    The phone is already EOL in reality. The real worry, if you accept the situation that the Z10 and BB is in, is that the price of the Z10 is going to drop rapidly over the next couple of months unless some incredibly good news comes out of BB. It may be best to wait a bit and see what the price are like come beginning of November.
    09-29-13 08:02 PM
    Why not go for the Z30?
    09-30-13 01:40 AM
    I'm actually a bit confused :S

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:39 AM
    I say go for the Z10. Sure BB may cease to exist, but the phone will still work and you can always side load new apps. Fairfax has already stated that if their offer is accepted and it goes through that they will still support their Enterprise clientele. Oddly enough, it seems like BB is going full circle. They started out as an Enterprise company and they are going out the same way.

I've been rocking a Lumia 920 for the past year and am about to change back to BB since the OS has worked out most of the glitches. The Z30 looks pretty sweet, too.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Tapatalk
    09-30-13 04:20 AM
    Keeping my hopes up despite all the naysayers. That said, the Z10 is a nice device to have just as long as you are aware of its limitations and capabilities.

Switched from the 4s to the Z10 and I've never been happier. Side loaded Flipboard and Instagram for my app needs and I'm fine with it.

Really happy with the hub and the VKB of the device as I value very fast typing for quick responses to emails and messages. So there.

Just know what you're buying and you'll see that it's worth it. Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:37 AM
    I bought mine 3 weeks ago for �270. I would not care if no further apps were released (with the exception of a Natwest mobile banking app).
    yer me 2 also just need the 'Natwest mobile banking' app
    09-30-13 05:42 AM
    Thank you so much for your answers! Really nice to see how crackberriers always try to help eachother.. So,you convinced me! If tomorrow I'll find a white Z10 at that price I really think I'm gonna buy that And,if it will happen,I also hope my girl-friend will like the phone..

Posted via CB10
    smart548 good to hear your taking the plundge with the Z10 for your girlfriend, just make sure you she sticks with it thu the learning curve (watch a load of youtube how to and tips vids) and in a couple of weeks she wont go back to any other phone
    09-30-13 05:51 AM
    hi guys.
    I have similar dilemma.
    I own 9780, which is great phone with physical keyboard. Now I need to change the carrier O2 to Vodafone (UK) due to the coverage issues in my house.

anyway, I was thinking to take new Z10 with 2 year contract (because it better suits my cashflow), however I noticed, that you kind-off do not recommend to buy on the contract.

in general, after the latest financial results, what is the future of BB and how the phone will be affected? is Z10 good choice, or should I start to think about android?
    yessuz I have been on contracts for year and years (orange) and decided to put a stop to it...got a used 2 week old Z10 on eBay �200 unlocked (now you can pick em up even cheaper) and a unlimited everything sim only �15pm from virgin moble UK (cancel anytime) and have not looked back (won�t be going back on any contract anytime soon)...and its bril not one issue so far with coverage, no worries about data use, calls etc. all in all just fantastic
    09-30-13 06:01 AM
    I am debating picking up a z10. My SG3 has a cracked screen and I would really like to get back into BB. Found a couple of good deals on eBay, but still weighing my options.

I am a year away from an upgrade. I thought I wanted the z30,but I believe the z10 will be better for me in regards to the gesture heavy OS.
    09-30-13 06:20 AM
    Why not get one? I have mine since march I think, and if it broke (it fell down quite a few times but luckily only smaller dents, no damage) I would order new one immediately. No brainer. I would go for Z30 but it's out of my price range as a student.

To those who are afraid you won't get any more updates after 10.2. There are updates already being developed, and in absolutely worst case, BlackBerry will still live for at least another year.
    09-30-13 02:51 PM
    For all you doubters... life's too short to agonise over whether to Z10 or not Z10 .... JUST DO IT ... you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:56 PM
    Dam straight. It's always a good time to buy a Z10. Well, as a matter of fact, if you want a bigger display your probably better off holding off for the Z30. #TeamBlackberry.
    09-30-13 02:59 PM
    yes no need to ask ......best damn phone out there hopefully the price drops here in canada
    09-30-13 03:06 PM
    If you have to ask if you should buy, you probably shouln't. I bought a nokia N8 a few years ago knowing full well that symbian was gonna die, and i didn't care. I loved the phone(still use it to take pics, awesome camera). I didn't care about the lack of app support for symbian or the limitations of the OS. It's the same for any phone no matter the circumstances, you love it you buy it, end of story.
    09-30-13 03:09 PM
    Absolutely....do you honestly think BlackBerry are dead? I think not.

They will come back with a force that has not been seen before.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:14 PM
    Ha.

I have lost out on the past couple on eBay.

This place is bad for my wallet. Last time I was browsing here a lot was during the 9900 release. Loved that phone.

The z wasn't appealing to me at first, and I thought I would own the Q. After watching some videos it looks like BB10 and the z10 are a great match. I have a tablet if I miss my galaxy 3 screen size.
    09-30-13 03:20 PM
    Buy the dam z10 it's the best out there, this year or in 3

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:23 PM
114 12345