Wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
    09-29-13 02:49 PM
    On contract, I wouldn't buy one but off, yes, buy one.

Posted via my Z10!
    09-29-13 02:53 PM
    I've always hated typing on glass, and almost always have had a physical keyboard phonr as a main device. I agree it took me about 2 weeks to get used to it. Typing on the Z is the best virtual keyboard I've experience. As far as accuracy now, I'd say easily equal to typing on my torch. I still prefer the feel of an actual keyboard, but the screen makes up for that in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that typing on the z10 is the best!
    With flicks I can pound out a raging amount of words, but I wasn't really ever into the physical qwerty. I can see how other people can dig it though.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:54 PM
    Thank you so much for your answers! Really nice to see how crackberriers always try to help eachother.. So,you convinced me! If tomorrow I'll find a white Z10 at that price I really think I'm gonna buy that And,if it will happen,I also hope my girl-friend will like the phone..

Posted via CB10
    Pilchard likes this.
    09-29-13 03:00 PM
    If the off contract deal is good and it is a gift then go for it. I bought one about a month ago when the UK prices fell to between 229 and 259 pounds which was a very good price. I think that the phone will more than hold its own for the next couple of years. Your other alternative might be to get your girlfriend a Q5 which might the same or even lower price.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:02 PM
    The Z10 was an amazing device when released and it still is. If I had to choose today, I will definitely take one again, unless I may be swayed to go for the Z30.
    cdnynot likes this.
    09-29-13 03:02 PM
    I've thinked about the Q5. But here in Italy it does cost the same as the Z10... And because of just 8GB storage (for apps),non remouvable battery and lower specs I think the Z10 is a better choice.. Am I right?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:06 PM
    P.s. Can you also all give me your feelings about battery life?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:08 PM
    Battery life is decent about 8-10 hours for me, but I don't really use it as a media device. The big plus with the z10 is that the battery is removable, so buying an extra battery is definitely recommend.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:19 PM
    Any 4+ inch smartphone irrespective of brand is power hungry to feed the display. The Z10 is no exception but I get around 12 hours with medium use. Most modern full touch smart phones will require a daily charge and I can comfortably go from charge to charge.
    09-29-13 03:20 PM
    Love my Z10. Definitely get one.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-29-13 03:22 PM
    Battery life is just OK. I recommend you get the optional portable charger pack which costs about 30 Euro. It contains a spare battery and is about the size of a credit card (5mm thick). It's useful in an emergency and is very small to that you can carry it around without any inconvenience.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:23 PM
    Nice to hear that it seems it can handle the "work day" at least I'll wait and see if a second battery or a chargher pack is needed..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:57 PM
    If the Z30 is out then get the Z10. At least there's a good chance any update will work with all your apps. I have the 10 and it's great. Good battery. Btw, for $50 you can buy a second battery and charger. Love the swappable battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 04:02 PM
    I think the best size for her is the Z10 because it's just 1 cm higher than the Q10. I am able (with the Q)to do everything with just one small hand so I assume it will be moreover the same for her with the Zed
    Maybe I'll also buy a "battery pack" if you said so guys..
    09-29-13 04:24 PM
    An extra battery never hurts no matter what device you have.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 04:25 PM
    Just an observation about my z10. I wear the z10 naked (no plastic protector, or cases), and I have noticed the lack of scratches that it has accumulated on the screen.

I have had other phones/tabs with super scratch resistant glass that have attracted a fair share of scratches, but not this z10 (also being a used z10 makes it even more surprising to be scratch free to me).

That's something to look forward to if you choose a z1o.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and PFman like this.
    09-29-13 04:31 PM
    hi guys.
    I have similar dilemma.
    I own 9780, which is great phone with physical keyboard. Now I need to change the carrier O2 to Vodafone (UK) due to the coverage issues in my house.

anyway, I was thinking to take new Z10 with 2 year contract (because it better suits my cashflow), however I noticed, that you kind-off do not recommend to buy on the contract.

in general, after the latest financial results, what is the future of BB and how the phone will be affected? is Z10 good choice, or should I start to think about android?
    09-29-13 04:33 PM
    Last but not least..black or white? I'd like to take the red one but it costs sooooo much
    09-29-13 04:38 PM
    Last but not least..black or white? I'd like to take the red one but it costs sooooo much
    White for girls ...

Mine is black but the contrast of the black screen and white case looks great. I was concerned that the white phone would get dirty or the white colour would yellow over time which is why I went for the black. I had a red flip case to give it a bit of colour but sent that back because of some quality issue. So I'll be adding a red transform case instead.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    09-29-13 04:50 PM
    Be a total bad a**, and get her a ferrari red l.e.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and scorepion like this.
    09-29-13 04:51 PM
    Don't buy yet wait til the takeover happens and then prices will drop.
    09-29-13 05:39 PM
    O.o what do you mean? The price will significantly drop again? You are saying I'll be able to buy a Z10 at less than 300 euro without contract in a shop?!?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:52 PM
    Hey guys! I would like to know your opinion about that topic... Right now it is easy to find the Z10 at around 350 euros off contract and I really think that for that amount is the best deal and best phone I can buy right now.
    But... If I'm gonna buy that I really would like to keep it for at least a couple of years and I'm wondering if considering BB situation it will be suitable. Lack of apps and a hardware that will be easily outadet in one year scary me a lot also.. Suggestions?
    P.s. I already own a Q10,which is amazing and so the Z10 is intended to be a gift

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I'd say NO NO NO NO NO, a thousand times NO. LOL
    It's a gamble with terrible odds. Worst case scenario, you buy the phone and it's EOL in a few months. Best case scenario, you buy the phone and BB keeps struggling and developers continue to ignore the platform and you just have a basic phone for many years to come. Risk vs benefit ratio is not very good. But hey, I love new devices and tinkering with new OS's etc... so if you have the cash then go for it.
    09-29-13 05:59 PM
    hi guys.

anyway, I was thinking to take new Z10 with 2 year contract (because it better suits my cashflow), however I noticed, that you kind-off do not recommend to buy on the contract.
    I personally don't buy phones on contract for a few reasons.

1. It's cheaper to buy the phone outright.

2. An unlocked gsm phone can be used with any compatible carrier you want.

Maybe there are other reasons, but these two do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:02 PM
114 1234 ...