I have tried all my different email addresses (gmail, comcast imap beta, outlook.com and another imap email I manage for church) and I just can't figure out if there is even a way to sync my email/calendar/contacts with Outlook for Mac 2011. I get so confused reading all the comments about how to make syncing work. I really wanted to use the outlook.com service, and I have everything syncing between the web and my Z10, but I can't sync any of it with the Outlook program on my Mac, in fact I can't even get imap working in Outlook with the outlook.com email so that the email syncs. The other email addresses will sync just email, but no contacts or calendar. Does anyone know if I can get this totally working on my Mac? I don't have an exchange account unfortunately, this is all personal email. Thanks!
    vjvj likes this.
    04-18-13 12:17 PM
    Even Exchange has issues with Outlook 2011. As bad as it is, it's still light years better than that POS Entourage that Microsoft had bundled into earlier versions of Office. If you're using and outlook.com email address, you should be able to set the account type as EAS instead of IMAP for mail syncing.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-18-13 12:34 PM
    oh Entourage, yes, well I can't even talk about that...lol What a mess that was. Outlook is much better for sure, but I'd be much happier if it worked with the rest of the world. I will look for the EAS setting when I get home, although I don't remember seeing anything like that in the settings. The only option I remember is POP because IMAP won't work in Outlook with outlook.com. Microsoft made the stupid program, you'd think they would have made it to work with their email service. Thanks for the suggestion.
    04-18-13 12:49 PM
    Try this link on for size: it looks like POP may be your only option for emails with Outlook 2011. Known issues in Outlook 2011

Even in Windows, outlook.com emails need a special plugin to work with Outlook the application. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9JV9UxQ6
    04-18-13 02:18 PM
    I found this page which shows some screen shots for "Configuring Outlook.com and Outlook for Mac 2011". First I will say that I have never used Mac before, but this makes it sound very simple. Not sure myself. And you may have already tried it all. If you did try this page already, sorry for wasting your time.

Configuring Outlook.com and Outlook for Mac 2011 | Kieran Lane

And yes, PC Outlook requires the Outlook Connector. Works like a charm.
    04-18-13 02:26 PM
    No, I only use Outlook on my Dell. I use the Apple apps on my Mac plus BB Link.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:36 PM
    Spent the evening trying to figure out a way, and I figured out that there is no way except to have an Exchange account. So I signed up for a $4/mo. Exchange Online account. Got it set up with my Z10 and Outlook on my Mac. Works really great, contacts and calendar are both syncing both ways. Email works too but I can't seem to figure out the folder syncing. Sent emails go to the sent folder in all three places but emails don't appear to be "read" on all three and deleted items are not syncing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the standard ".onmicrosoft.com" email address other than to have my own paid domain service? Can I change it to use my outlook.com email address instead?
    04-18-13 11:10 PM