Always good to have information about what the device is doing, especially if you're waiting for something to happen and it doesn't look like anything is doing what you requested it to do.

It's like my pet peeve of personal computers that think it's a nice idea to remove the hard drive activity light.

It's the Apple mentality: "DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!"
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-19-13 06:01 PM
    I miss that and the BBDA :P
    02-19-13 06:04 PM
    I miss it too specially that my home is a bit big for my router and sometimes I get to places where the coverage is not good enough only those 2 arrows helped me know if the data connection is working or not.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:26 PM
    lol....
    it's daily routine for me...
    even while writing this post, it's like, write, look at arrow, write, look at arrow, write, look at arrow, write, look at arrow, write, look at arrow.....
    but i know something is going in at the back there...
    maybe my twitter is refreshing, or my Facebook or my foursquare is refreshing and the data kept sending and receiving something....
    at leader i know my data and phone is at work...
    going to miss it when i move to Z10 soon...

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 06:42 PM
    seriously i miss it! not sure how useful it is... but its just a habit to watch those arrow... but maybe it's better like this! i remember that i used to watch those arrows cause pages were taking soooooo long to respond and load... by looking at the arrows, i know something is going on. now they load instantly... so less of a use for those arrows!
    02-19-13 06:57 PM
    It was the first thing I noticed when I was playing with the demo unit. I hope it makes its way back as an option, it has helped me several times in spotting a problem app that was stuck in a data sending loop. With the end of data compression, I need all the data I have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 07:42 PM
    It was the first thing I noticed when I was playing with the demo unit. I hope it makes its way back as an option, it has helped me several times in spotting a problem app that was stuck in a data sending loop. With the end of data compression, I need all the data I have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    because it has became a habit to majority of us...
    even when i was looking at other phones, it has becoming a habit to look at the corner of the screen to make sure the phone is receiving and sending messages or data.
    second nature to most.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 08:13 PM
    i miss the arrows for sure
    02-19-13 10:13 PM
    Bring.it.Back
    02-19-13 11:23 PM
    Wow. I didn't realise one question would spark so much demand for a missing feature. If it return I shall be over the moon and amazed that my thread got heard

Michael

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 04:01 AM
    Wow. I didn't realise one question would spark so much demand for a missing feature. If it return I shall be over the moon and amazed that my thread got heard

Michael

Posted via CB10
    Would be great if they Brought it back I really like having it there
    07-16-13 09:50 AM
    It's what made a blackberry so great. Someone start a poll! If I had the option to display the arrows, I'd keep it on.

How else are we supposed to know data is being transmitted?

- aBBuser
    07-16-13 10:50 AM
37 12