Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ErinnM
  • 1 Post By darkehawke
  • 2 Post By iamnadroj
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does anyone else think the BlackBerry logo should be higher on the back?

I am absolutely loving my Z10 but does anyone else think the logo should have been higher on the back instead of dead center?

I have been mistaken a few times for holding an iPhone5 which I hate. Can't help but think if the logo was moved up people could see it better? I want to be loud and proud BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    SK122387 (03-28-2013),  Zirak (03-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

You have a white one? Yeah, if it were higher on the back, people can see the logo as our hands cover it. I got a black one because it is more Blackberry. Lol
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    jc likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts

No right answer as this is a subjective esthetics opinion. I kinda like it in the middle as it breaks up the length of the back cover. Would seem crowded at the top with the camera and flash.

Posted via CB10
    Palm IIIxe > Sony Clie PEG-T665 > Treo 680 > Bold 9000 > Torch 9800 > Bold 9900 > Z10 > Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

when they ask you if you are using an Iphone- proudly say NOPE... and show them the unique Blackberry experience!
    I am Nomophobic... Baaad Blackberry... baaaad Blackberrry
    CrackBerry Abuser

When I'm out waiting for something, or killing time or wherever, and pull out the Playbook, I make sure the keep the case pretty visible next to me. It's one of those OEM leather envelope cases (very nice, by the way), with a really nice and shiny chrome BlackBerry logo.

Just to be clear that this isn't a kindle Fire or Android tab. Of course I lay my old 9650 right on the case, but never obscuring the logo. ;-)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

@erinn. Mine is black but when I'm typing the logo is covered by a finger. My Torch had the logo near the top of the body.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

People would assume it's an iphone if they didn't know better or weren't close up. Just make sure you show them its not. It's much better

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    BlackBerry Z30 - BBM Channel PIN : C0006E212 - Everything - BlackBerry | Sports | Technology
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koool1 View Post
    @erinn. Mine is black but when I'm typing the logo is covered by a finger. My Torch had the logo near the top of the body.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh. I don't think I've ever seen a black iPhone. Lol
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry User

I too prefer the logo to be higher on the back like legacy BlackBerry phones. Gives us a chance to show our love for BlackBerry, otherwise people mistaken it for a driod.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quite frankly, I noticed that the logo on the FRONT of the phone is at the bottom, which I thought was a bad idea. It should be on the top. When I peek over at someone else's phone because I'm curious to know what they have, I see the top of it because it sticks out of their palm, but not the bottom because their hand covers it and I can't see it. That's why I thought if the BlackBerry logo was at the top, people would see it more easily. Besides, I think the top position is more prominent anyway. When you look at something (anything), you start at the top first.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,380 Global Posts

It's functional as it roughly marks out where the nfc connection is.
    But it could have been nice to have it higher

Posted via CB10
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,217 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    Ahh. I don't think I've ever seen a black iPhone. Lol
    Really?! The iPhone 4 was only available in black for the first several months after its release.

To the OP, logo placement doesn't matter to me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Normally, design principles would dictate a higher placement of the logo. The Greeks used a ratio called the Golden Mean which was some precise number; however, it was very close to 1/3 : 2/3. So the placement according to the Golden Mean would have been approximately 2/3 the height of the phone.

But there is a complicating factor - the placement of the camera lens and flash. If the logo had been placed 2/3 of the way up the phone, then the logo + the camera apertures would have looked VERY crowded at the top of the phone.
    Nokia 2160 Motorola E815 Blackberry 8830 9700 Z10
    Thanked by:
    jstirtzinger (03-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

For me I like it right where it is but that's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Then apple would sue you for logo location placement patent!

Posted via CB10
    green_ember and ErinnM like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

I like it where it is, too. That way, it is centered in the middle, even when holding the phone in the landscape position.

When I first got my Z10, I got a cheap case for it. It squared off the sides and made it look even more like an iPhone. The only saving grace was a hole in the middle that showed off the BlackBerry logo. I got a new case as soon as I could.

Posted via CB10
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9600 View Post
    Quite frankly, I noticed that the logo on the FRONT of the phone is at the bottom, which I thought was a bad idea. It should be on the top. When I peek over at someone else's phone because I'm curious to know what they have, I see the top of it because it sticks out of their palm, but not the bottom because their hand covers it and I can't see it. That's why I thought if the BlackBerry logo was at the top, people would see it more easily. Besides, I think the top position is more prominent anyway. When you look at something (anything), you start at the top first.
    It couldn't go at the top practically because it would block the camera and light sensor. There is nothing active on the bottom

Posted via CB10
    Palm IIIxe > Sony Clie PEG-T665 > Treo 680 > Bold 9000 > Torch 9800 > Bold 9900 > Z10 > Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    I like it where it is, too. That way, it is centered in the middle, even when holding the phone in the landscape position.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes landscape consistency as well. Good point. I am a photographer and totally understand the "Rule of Thirds" mentioned above however that is just guideline that can be broken when symmetry is more desirable. Rest assured details like that were given a great deal of consideration by very knowledgeable industrial designers.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2b9a3c0a

I'd like the logo to be higher up too. I've always wanted the BB logo to be illuminated, in that same material that the illuminated trackpad of my 9900 is...where it LOOKS like it's solid silver, but in dim light, it lights up bright. How cool would that look? (Of course we'd need an option to turn it off, to save battery)
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Master

Could be higher, certainly. But if I think someone may be watching me use it, I always hold it and angle it in such a way that the logo is visible. LOL, totally ridiculous, eh?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Yes!!! Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that haha.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

The logo is in the right place, in my opinion. It provides me the additional grip on the Z10. I like that the cover is textured and not smooth. (no scratches and slipping off my hands)
    Buy the Z10 because you choose to. Enough reason in itself.