The HTC One looks like a very nice device.
    02-24-13 05:05 AM
    i see more of the old HTC One in the new one then i do Z10
    02-24-13 01:57 PM
    That's almost how a white Aristo should look like... When this thing leaked I thought it was the BB Aristo. It's a nice phone.
    02-24-13 02:44 PM
    Both BB and HTC have reputation issues... Wonder if HTC will sell more than 300,000 in the forst month they released this phone
    02-24-13 03:13 PM
    Both BB and HTC have reputation issues... Wonder if HTC will sell more than 300,000 in the forst month they released this phone
    At least BlackBerry didn't price th Z10 100 more than the iphone5

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:15 PM
    At least BlackBerry didn't price th Z10 100 more than the iphone5

Posted via CB10
    How much is HTC pricing the One??
    02-24-13 03:22 PM
    http://bgr.com/2013/02/21/htc-one-pr...alysis-339596/

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:26 PM
    this thread isn't closed yet?!?
    02-24-13 03:59 PM
    around $800
    02-27-13 01:05 AM
    HTC is the best of Android me thinks, but I've heard they've messed up Sense UI? I don't ever think I've wanted stereo speakers on my phone but it's part of the evolution of the spec p*ssing contest they can't get out of. This phone will be out spec'd in a few months, but it's the King today.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 01:43 AM
    Gotta say that its the best looking phone to date..
    02-27-13 06:00 AM
    HTC is the best of Android me thinks, but I've heard they've messed up Sense UI? I don't ever think I've wanted stereo speakers on my phone but it's part of the evolution of the spec p*ssing contest they can't get out of. This phone will be out spec'd in a few months, but it's the King today.
    The HTC One is not the King of Specs even now. What makes it interesting, and tangentially relevant to BB, is that HTC has said they are emphasizing the user experience above specs. The stereo speakers supposedly sound very nice, for a small device. Not everyone cares, but some of us do. I've read here on CB that the Z10 also has very good speaker sound quality, even though not stereo (the stereo thing may indeed be overkill). Some people will not forgive HTC for putting a 4 MP camera in this phone, but their idea is that the larger pixels make the camera more versatile, even though the pictures are necessarily smaller. They point out, reasonably, that most people never print pictures anyway. They've supposedly "simplified" the Sense UI, in addition to adding Blinkfeed. I saw one review that said anyone who buys this phone only to root it and take out all the UI stuff in order to install custom ROMs is missing the point of the phone. In short, HTC is trying to differentiate by offering a distinctive user experience, just as BB10 is trying to do. Philosophically, at least, HTC is veering closer to what BlackBerry is offering. In practice...I don't know. I don't have either phone.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    02-27-13 07:37 AM
    While it comes w/64GB, only 55 GB is useable and there's no SD card slot. I like the (Bold 9000) idea of stereo speakers, but I have more than 55 GB of music. (And you know one also needs a fair amount of space for recording HD vids and storing those 3 second snippets of pics with Smile Mode.)

Not only is there no SD card slot, the battery can't be removed.

NEXT!
    02-27-13 08:27 AM
    While it comes w/64GB, only 55 GB is useable and there's no SD card slot. I like the (Bold 9000) idea of stereo speakers, but I have more than 55 GB of music. (And you know one also needs a fair amount of space for recording HD vids and storing those 3 second snippets of pics with Smile Mode.)

Not only is there no SD card slot, the battery can't be removed.

NEXT!
    But doesn't the Z10 support only 64GB SD cards?
    Don't most phones?
    If you can't make do with 64 GB you're gonna struggle!
    Having said that, yeah, removable battery is a huge deal, why don't these manufacturers, especially HTC, get that?
    I can deal with it if the phone is waterproof etc but if not theres no excuse.
    02-27-13 11:27 AM
    The HTC One is not the King of Specs even now. What makes it interesting, and tangentially relevant to BB, is that HTC has said they are emphasizing the user experience above specs. The stereo speakers supposedly sound very nice, for a small device. Not everyone cares, but some of us do. I've read here on CB that the Z10 also has very good speaker sound quality, even though not stereo (the stereo thing may indeed be overkill). Some people will not forgive HTC for putting a 4 MP camera in this phone, but their idea is that the larger pixels make the camera more versatile, even though the pictures are necessarily smaller. They point out, reasonably, that most people never print pictures anyway. They've supposedly "simplified" the Sense UI, in addition to adding Blinkfeed. I saw one review that said anyone who buys this phone only to root it and take out all the UI stuff in order to install custom ROMs is missing the point of the phone. In short, HTC is trying to differentiate by offering a distinctive user experience, just as BB10 is trying to do. Philosophically, at least, HTC is veering closer to what BlackBerry is offering. In practice...I don't know. I don't have either phone.
    BB are not trying to player.ITS DONE IT in a number of countrys now.
    02-27-13 01:22 PM
    BB10's multitasking and the Hub are unique features of BB10
    02-28-13 02:30 AM
    Don't most phones?
    Having said that, yeah, removable battery is a huge deal, why don't these manufacturers, especially HTC, get that?
    As long as battery life is good i don't see the pressing need for a removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:02 AM
    As long as battery life is good i don't see the pressing need for a removable battery.

Posted via CB10
    But HTC is not known for good battery life.
    02-28-13 07:10 AM
    But HTC is not known for good battery life.
    It remains to be seen. Often the difference between good and poor battery life is a matter of whether the manufacturer used a substantial enough battery. The HTC One will have a 2,300 mAh battery. That's not a behemoth, but it's substantial and sounds like it should get through a day, given decent reception and sane settings.
    If 1,800 mAh is adequate for the Z10, with a somewhat smaller screen than the HTC One, 2,300 mAh could be expected to yield comparable performance.

Unless there's something specific to the HTC components that's tough on the battery.
    02-28-13 09:56 AM
    It remains to be seen. Often the difference between good and poor battery life is a matter of whether the manufacturer used a substantial enough battery. The HTC One will have a 2,300 mAh battery. That's not a behemoth, but it's substantial and sounds like it should get through a day, given decent reception and sane settings.
    If 1,800 mAh is adequate for the Z10, with a somewhat smaller screen than the HTC One, 2,300 mAh could be expected to yield comparable performance.

Unless there's something specific to the HTC components that's tough on the battery.
    I do remember last year's HTC flagship, the one? Or one X? Anyway reviewers loved it apart from awful battery life and a sealed battery. Many people said it was better than the s3 apart from that.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:02 AM
    I do remember last year's HTC flagship, the one? Or one X? Anyway reviewers loved it apart from awful battery life and a sealed battery. Many people said it was better than the s3 apart from that.

Posted via CB10
    That was the international version with Tegra 3. The US variant had the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 and was pretty decent on the battery life front.
    02-28-13 11:16 AM
    Usually HTC phones feel cheap, but this one is different man
    02-28-13 11:42 AM
    Taiwanese went crazy over HTC One!!! LOLLL
    03-02-13 12:19 PM
    Don't most phones?

It absolutely amazes me how 55G on a mobile phone wouldn't be enough, lol! I mean who has to load up their whole music library on their phone? I have over 100G on my computer.....5 of it on my S3, and I have a 32G SD card and internal 12/16 after OS and still have 8 left....Pick your favorites, load them up and enjoy....and when you get bored, switch it out on your computer. Is not hard to manage, just soaks up a little time....I know, you are either too busy and fly all over the world....but if so, you then have a nice laptop. People crack me up!

Removable does suck on the battery, however Id imagine if something happened, as long as it malfunctioned and didn't get water spilled on it, then they would replace it....or make sure you have insurance and pay the deductible. I can't remember the last time I took my battery out my s3, has been months at least.

I though memory and or the removable battery would bother me, but for me, its not a deal breaker anymore. I would get the 64g version and be happy! This phone is a beast and going to be comparing it alongside BB. I wonder which one I will walk out of the store with.
    03-02-13 10:04 PM
    It absolutely amazes me how 55G on a mobile phone wouldn't be enough, lol! I mean who has to load up their whole music library on their phone? I have over 100G on my computer.....5 of it on my S3, and I have a 32G SD card and internal 12/16 after OS and still have 8 left....Pick your favorites, load them up and enjoy....and when you get bored, switch it out on your computer. Is not hard to manage, just soaks up a little time....I know, you are either too busy and fly all over the world....but if so, you then have a nice laptop. People crack me up!

Removable does suck on the battery, however Id imagine if something happened, as long as it malfunctioned and didn't get water spilled on it, then they would replace it....or make sure you have insurance and pay the deductible. I can't remember the last time I took my battery out my s3, has been months at least.

I though memory and or the removable battery would bother me, but for me, its not a deal breaker anymore. I would get the 64g version and be happy! This phone is a beast and going to be comparing it alongside BB. I wonder which one I will walk out of the store with.
    Yep... it's a different mindset. I have a lot of music local, but stream more. I have been VERY pleased with my HTC EVO LTE's battery life; I am not one to turn down a remvable battery, but it worked out so far, and it is possible to change out the fixed battery if I really needed to.

I struggle to fill 16gb. Even though I can store apps on SD, it has not been an issue. Storing movies locally doesn't happen either, but to be fair, a lot of what I do would be tempered if I did not have unlimited data and good sources of wi-fi.
    03-02-13 10:34 PM
106 ... 2345