This phone is a freakin' beast...
    Not bad, really don't like the back of it and what's up with the all the swiping gestures?
    02-20-13 01:11 AM
    dude... u logged in with one post just to post this video link?

i'm not assuming.....
    LOL..

Does anyone else see a little Z10 in the HTC One-jaychou.jpg
    02-20-13 01:37 AM
    I'm not very impressed by anything made by HTC
    02-20-13 03:37 AM
    I wonder if HTC hopes to get more sales from looking like other devices (nokia now BB) instead of actually trying to do their own design and having zero mindshare with costumers.

There is no way they would be unaware that their devices look extremely similar to two different flagship devices. We need innovation. Everyone aside from BB isn't innovating.
    Not sure if you're joking. The HTC One has much more hardware innovation than the Z10...hands down.
    It's made from more premium materials, looks better, has full stereo speakers, more camera innovation... And has a freaking IR blaster built into the power button. It takes 200 minutes to precision drill the speaker holes with lasers for each handset!

If you think BB are the only ones innovating, you're seriously out of touch. HTC has software and hardware innovation in the One.

I won't even take a cheap shot and point out how much better specced than the Z10 it is.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    02-20-13 04:12 AM

i'm not assuming.....
    LOL..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jaychou.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	136891
    Please tackle his post or the logic therein and stop babbling about his post count. The phone IS a beast. Deal with it.

richardat likes this.
    02-20-13 04:15 AM
    More than copying them a "Little" quite a lot, down to their own "Story Maker" app

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:13 AM
    If there's a single device that I've seen that could possibly swing me away from a Z10, this is it. Some of my favorite things to do with a smartphone are audio-centered: audiobooks and podcasts. The HTC One has strong stereo speakers. I like to take pictures, and I like the fact that instead of joining the MP race, this phone has larger pixels, for better performance in low light. As I've mentioned many times before, most people only view phone cam photos on computer screens anyway, and an 8 MP photo is way to big to fit on a computer screen. Even the HTC's 4 MP photo size is 2688x1520, still too big to fit on any but a super hi-res monitor. It also has the same lens as the Lumia 920, so I'm betting it's a very good camera.

Not sure how I feel about the blinkfeed thing. I like the fact that it is smart about how often it updates: less frequently on cell network than on wifi. More important, if you get tired of it you can turn it off. I like the aluminum construction.

I'm still very interested in the Z10, but it's getting harder and harder to figure out why. It really is a shame that the US launch isn't for another month or so. If the Z10 were in stores now, I would already have one and I'd be tuning out news about launches of other devices. Meanwhile, I'll be keeping a close eye on the availability of native and working sideloaded apps. I think it's going to come down to that.

Sorry to derail conversation.
    Carry on.
    richardat likes this.
    02-20-13 06:55 AM
    A slab looks like another slab? Eh, who'd have thought?!

Posted via CB10
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-20-13 07:11 AM
    More than copying them a "Little" quite a lot, down to their own "Story Maker" app

Posted via CB10
    Like Blackberry copied Apple's iMovie for "Story Maker"?
    02-20-13 07:43 AM
    Like Blackberry copied Apple's iMovie for "Story Maker"?
    Not really, that's a paid app not a native feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    C'mon, man. C'mon.
    02-20-13 08:07 AM
    C'mon, man. C'mon.
    I didn't suggest BlackBerry invented it, but they packaged it in the OS for free and HTC is doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:16 AM

i'm not assuming.....
    LOL..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jaychou.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	136891
    I actually cannot @ you screen capturing his post
    02-20-13 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    And they both look like the Droid X (besides the back).

I personally don't care is devices look similar. They all borrow designs.

I wish the Z10 had the specs this HTC device has.
    02-20-13 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously?!

Yet you say the HTC One copied the Z10 despite being made from Aluminium instead of Plastic, despite the back tapering to 4mm (instead of constant thickness) and despite the positively enormous speaker grills in the front of the phone?
    02-20-13 09:17 AM
    It takes 200 minutes to precision drill the speaker holes with lasers for each handset!

I won't even take a cheap shot and point out how much better specced than the Z10 it is.

200 minutes for speaker holes?? How bout a million man hours to build a new OS...that my friend is an accomplishment. . It is a nice device though, all the flagship devices are...but if you own the code you own the road to your own destiney ...just sayin.
    02-20-13 09:24 AM
    Going to take a look at this one.

Tim
    02-20-13 09:43 AM
    And they both look like the Droid X (besides the back).

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-cont...la-droix-x.jpg

I personally don't care is devices look similar. They all borrow designs.

I wish the Z10 had the specs this HTC device has.
    Not with that huge hump on the back of it lol

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:17 AM
    I didn't suggest BlackBerry invented it, but they packaged it in the OS for free and HTC is doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    \

LOL......isn't this the same guy who was trying to do an asinine tapdance to get out of admitting deficiencies in his logic- and in BB10 - by arguing that missing features in BB10 were in fact "apps", even though they were actually features of what is the core functionality of most mobile OS? LOL!!!

ie. "shut up!!! BB10 has no flaws!! Oh...yes, it doesn't have those features, but those are "apps!". Everyone KNOWS their are missing apps right now, but that will be fixed...that's just the APP problem!"

What a place!
    djh_wolf likes this.
    02-20-13 11:18 AM
    Not with that huge hump on the back of it lol

Posted via CB10
    Good. Now have you seen the back of the HTC One? Looks nothing like the Z10's back. So still insist that HTC copied Blackberry?

02-20-13 11:22 AM
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-20-13 11:50 AM
    Ridiculous!
    02-20-13 11:58 AM
    at least you dont have to double tap the home key to get multitasking like on iOS..........oh lmao
    02-20-13 12:04 PM
    There's a sample of a low-light picture taken with the HTC One, without flash: http://abcnews.go.com/images/Technol...ow_Light_2.jpg

It's not bad, and notice that even though it's "only" 4 MP, the web image is already scaled down to less than half size to fit on screen.

I could care less whether HTC copied anyone; the phone looks good. So does the Z10. Both phones look classy and distinguished, in slightly different ways. The aluminum construction of the HTC is striking, but the Z10 also has, to me anyway, a lot of visual appeal. These things are subjective of course, but to the extent that the Z10 and HTC One are going for a "similar look", I don't see a tie-breaker. That will have to be in the OS, apps, and user experience.
    02-20-13 12:27 PM
    I was just watching a video of the One's Sense 5, and it seems they got rid of that carousel-style task switcher and replaced it with a page where the running apps appear as large preview tiles in a grid.

But it's a 3 x 3 grid, so it's *totally* different than BB10, lol...
    02-20-13 12:43 PM
106 1234 ...