I have had my Z10 for a weekend now and it like it, I now have it doing everything my 9790 did for me (my needs were simple) but I miss the old one a bit. It was so small and comfortable in the hand and after so many years (prior bbs included), it was an extension of me. The Z10 is so square and hard to hold in large hands, I have nearly dropped it a couple times now. I bought a white one not knowing that the back is hard plastic so I might return it for a black one.
    02-10-13 06:22 PM
    Twitter.

Twitter on the Z10 is lacking but I have 100% faith that updates will come fast and furious
    brout likes this.
    02-10-13 06:27 PM
    Haha I was just thinking the same.
    Miss my 9900 but really getting to like my Z10

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 06:29 PM
    I missed the track pad for a while -surprisingly to me- not realizing how much used it. I'm over that but still miss one thing : typing in bed. With a physical keyboard one can hold the phone above your head and type because one can 'hold' the keyboard while typing.
    Small thing and I wouldn't go back.

Ttyl

Knightcrawler and elmit22 like this.
    02-10-13 06:38 PM
    I LOVE my Z-10 besides PIN TO PIN being removed & copy and paste being a bit tricky. But my 9900 is looking at me differently and calling me....
    02-10-13 06:38 PM
    #doesn't have a z10, however I miss my 8330...

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-10-13 06:39 PM
    I miss bbm music hope it comes to bb10

02-10-13 06:40 PM
    That's funny, I feel the same way about my 9700. The reason I moved away from it was mine had dirt on the camera lens that showed on every picture.
    02-10-13 06:42 PM
    To all prior posters, I have the solution (well except for the trackpad) use the Zed10 now and get a Q10 when it comes out. Voilla..problem solved LOL
    02-10-13 06:45 PM
    PIN TO PIN being removed
    Can you explain what you mean by this please? I was hoping I could get one and BBM my friends that have like the Bold 9900 and Curve 8520, etc. If I can't do that it's a non-starter for me and means the only phone I will use is the Nokia Lumia 920. Shame really, was really looking to see what I could do to go about getting one, to cover that BBM gap without signing a new contract. Ah well. Unless I get my 8520 fixed... and pick up a cheap BB PAYG deal...
    02-10-13 06:45 PM
    To all prior posters, I have the solution (well except for the trackpad) use the Zed10 now and get a Q10 when it comes out. Voilla..problem solved LOL
    I will be getting one lol.

02-10-13 06:47 PM
    Can you explain what you mean by this please? I was hoping I could get one and BBM my friends that have like the Bold 9900 and Curve 8520, etc. If I can't do that it's a non-starter for me and means the only phone I will use is the Nokia Lumia 920. Shame really, was really looking to see what I could do to go about getting one, to cover that BBM gap without signing a new contract. Ah well. Unless I get my 8520 fixed... and pick up a cheap BB PAYG deal...

Pin to pin messages are not the same as BBM, that works fine.
    Pin messages are not part of BBM. Nor part of BB10

02-10-13 06:49 PM
    I am thinking that is where I will be going. If it is curvy and comfortable in the hand, I am in!
    02-10-13 06:49 PM
    I am thinking that is where I will be going. If it is curvy and comfortable in the hand, I am in!
    Best solution is both lol.
    Can't wait to try a Q though

02-10-13 06:50 PM
    BBM works perfectly fine and better then other BB's you won't have an issue. If you don't know what PIN to PIN messaging is don't worry about it you would never need it.
    02-10-13 06:52 PM
    Pin to pin messages are not the same as BBM, that works fine.
    Pin messages are not part of BBM. Nor part of BB10

So what are PIN to PIN messages? And I'll get my Curve 8520 fixed anyway. Need my BBM fix! PAYG deal on O2 on a Curve 8520... can get them cheap enough! It'll be only for BBM and maybe some BlackBoard stuff too. Lumia 920 will still be my main phone!
    02-10-13 06:53 PM
    not at all, i had a bold 9780 before i just picked it up to see how it felt. now that im used to the z10 it feels way to small, thick an unlikable. I even found myself swiping up to close an app on my samsung tab 7.0 today so i think ive gone full out z10 and im going back
    elmit22 likes this.
    02-10-13 06:58 PM
    Pin to Pin messaging is a way to comunicate with other blackberrys ONLY via text. It's sort of like a text message but you are not limited to short messages like text messages. They are also HIGHLY ENCRYPTED. When a few disasters in the US happened over the last several years they where the only means of communications.

When you send a PIN it goes str8 to the other BB there is no need to accept the person.
    Snazy and sheeraz_aa like this.
    02-10-13 07:01 PM
    Have to admit I miss my keyboard a little but I have committed to try this for 2 years as I want the full BB10 experience. I suspect many apps and games will simply not run on the Q10.

Love my new phone otherwise - no freeze ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-10-13 07:04 PM
    I miss bbm music hope it comes to bb10

people ACTUALLY used it?!
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-10-13 09:22 PM
    I do miss little things my 'ancient' Curve 8520 did, like the ability to jump to the top and bottom of pages and other key shortcuts. Also the Facebook app is awful, I was appalled to find it at such a poor stage in development for the release.
    02-10-13 09:30 PM
    people ACTUALLY used it?!
    Yup i used it & paid for the $4.99. I do not see the problem of people using it.. Some songs i could not download, BBM music had them. Not everyone wants to download songs for free.

I really hope they release it soon!.
    02-10-13 09:35 PM
    as awesome as the on screen keyboard is, at the end of the day you're effectively taking a step back. With a physical keyboard, you have the additional sensory input of physically pressing a button, That simply not possible on a virtual keyboard. Im sure i'll get used to it, but a virual keyboard will never be as good as a physical one.
    02-10-13 09:36 PM
    I don't miss my 9800, not even the physical keyboard, nor the trackpad. I guess that means the onscreen keypad is working well for me (LOVE the predictive text!), and scrolling around the screen is so easy that a trackpad would seem redundant.
    02-10-13 09:41 PM
    as awesome as the on screen keyboard is, at the end of the day you're effectively taking a step back. With a physical keyboard, you have the additional sensory input of physically pressing a button, That simply not possible on a virtual keyboard. Im sure i'll get used to it, but a virual keyboard will never be as good as a physical one.
    I'd dispute that as a generalization because I can type faster already on the Z10 than I could on the 9900, and I had that for over a year. Different strokes for different folks...
    02-10-13 09:52 PM
74 123