Hmm I didn't get any screen protector with either of my hard shell transform cases

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 06:29 AM
    I got the Zagg high def one for the z10 too. I was hesitant after having the older version of zagg invisible shield on my 9900 but the new version is great. After a couple days it dries out/cures and it really feel very similar to how the glass did and it fits perfectly to the size of the glass. I wouldn't bother paying anyone to put it on, they're super simple to put on. Wet your fingers with the solution, pull it off and wet the protector and throw it on and you can slide it around until it's in place or peel it off and put it back down again before squeegying the liquid out. I watched a video or two on youtube first but I'm a perfectionist so no way was I going to trust someone else doing it for me. They have lifetime warranty too I believe. I'd def use one again.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-27-13 06:53 AM
    I put on the iShieldz. Even though both my cases protect the screen (leather pouch and flip case), there`s times I just love the bare feel so figured why not put one on. Better safe than sorry.

At first the screen protector felt a little ruberry, but I quickly got over that, and you can really on see that it`s on if you look for it, meaning tilt it into the light.
    02-27-13 09:43 AM
    no screen protector, going raw
    semperfi45 and EauRouge like this.
    02-27-13 09:45 AM
    I put on the iShieldz. Even though both my cases protect the screen (leather pouch and flip case), there`s times I just love the bare feel so figured why not put one on. Better safe than sorry.

At first the screen protector felt a little ruberry, but I quickly got over that, and you can really on see that it`s on if you look for it, meaning tilt it into the light.
    Ya this was my experience with iShieldz as well. I hate the protectors that you apply with solution because they never look or feel perfectly smooth like the original glass.

I was desperate on the first day I got my z10 because I needed something to protect the screen right away and the choices at the mall were limited. So I had iShieldz put on at a bell store and demanded a refund immediately as soon as I saw it. Why?

The protector is made probably 3-4mm smaller in height and width than the actual glass on the phone. You're left with 1-2mm of uncovered glass on all sides of the protector...really awful and makes the protector very obvious to the eye.

I also don't understand why these protectors have U-shaped cutouts for the front camera. I absolutely hate that and how you can see the cutout. I've had protectors on my previous phones where the protector covers the camera and have noticed no discernable degradation in camera image quality.

I was basically unable to find any screen protector that was smooth, didn't have cutouts, and didn't require solution to apply.

My solution: I made my own! Bought a pack with 2 ipad screen protectors and cut one out myself. Took me about 30 min to measure it all out and cut with a nice sharp blade to make sure everything is clean and straight. Not hard to do since the z10 screen is just a rectangle with no cutouts. The result... super smooth protector that fits perfectly and is basically invisible in any light, even if you're looking for it.

The best part... the ipad screen protectors cost me $20 for the pack... and I can make probably 8 z10 protectors from them if my current one ever gets scratched up (no scratches yet after 2 weeks... pretty durable).

Posted via CB10
    Highbeta likes this.
    02-27-13 10:09 AM
    yes since day 1
    02-27-13 10:42 AM
    Hmm I didn't get any screen protector with either of my hard shell transform cases

Posted via CB10
    Odd. There should have been one in the Transform Shell box.
    I'm still wondering what make the screen protector is. I didn't pay any attention to what the brand is. Did anyone else notice?
    02-27-13 11:11 AM
    Odd. There should have been one in the Transform Shell box.
    I'm still wondering what make the screen protector is. I didn't pay any attention to what the brand is. Did anyone else notice?
    A screen protector came in my transform box but there was no branding on it. I'm sure it's just some generic one it stays on but does really hold the fingerprints smudges
    02-27-13 11:30 AM
    Ya this was my experience with iShieldz as well. I hate the protectors that you apply with solution because they never look or feel perfectly smooth like the original glass.

I was desperate on the first day I got my z10 because I needed something to protect the screen right away and the choices at the mall were limited. So I had iShieldz put on at a bell store and demanded a refund immediately as soon as I saw it. Why?

The protector is made probably 3-4mm smaller in height and width than the actual glass on the phone. You're left with 1-2mm of uncovered glass on all sides of the protector...really awful and makes the protector very obvious to the eye.

I also don't understand why these protectors have U-shaped cutouts for the front camera. I absolutely hate that and how you can see the cutout. I've had protectors on my previous phones where the protector covers the camera and have noticed no discernable degradation in camera image quality.

I was basically unable to find any screen protector that was smooth, didn't have cutouts, and didn't require solution to apply.

My solution: I made my own! Bought a pack with 2 ipad screen protectors and cut one out myself. Took me about 30 min to measure it all out and cut with a nice sharp blade to make sure everything is clean and straight. Not hard to do since the z10 screen is just a rectangle with no cutouts. The result... super smooth protector that fits perfectly and is basically invisible in any light, even if you're looking for it.

The best part... the ipad screen protectors cost me $20 for the pack... and I can make probably 8 z10 protectors from them if my current one ever gets scratched up (no scratches yet after 2 weeks... pretty durable).

Posted via CB10
    Clever. What brand did you buy?
    02-27-13 11:45 AM
    Clever. What brand did you buy?
    Some random brand I found at Futureshop called i-con. It comes with one matte and one glossy. I used the glossy one and it looks and feels like I'm not using a protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:54 PM
    I got one with a BB case I bought. I couldn't put it on & remove the air bubbles so forgot about it.

If i could find someone to put one on perfectly square without the air bubbles I would use one.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 02-27-13 at 02:37 PM.
    02-27-13 02:27 PM
    I got one with a BB case I bought. I couldn't put it on & remove the air bubbles so forgot about it.

If i could find someone to put one on perfectly square without the air bubbles I would use one.
    Agreed. Tried like crazy with the one that came with my case and still ended up with some bubbles that "refused" to come out! Grrrr!
    02-27-13 03:15 PM
    FWIW, I just ordered 6 XtremeGuard protectors for my Z10. They are having a 75% (!) sitewide sale. Crazy. Regular price is $5 each. Even if they suck, I'll only be out $7.50 for 6 of them. Plus, free shipping is included - even to Canada! Just thought I'd pass the info along. Probably not the best protectors out there, and installation looks a bit difficult (wet soap method), but I've read good reviews on them so I took the big gamble of $7.50. I think they are clear (not matte). I had a matte on the playbook, but for a screen this size, I'd rather wipe fingerprints now and then rather than diminish the brightness. (I'm getting old!).
    02-28-13 05:00 PM
    FWIW, I just ordered 6 XtremeGuard protectors for my Z10. They are having a 75% (!) sitewide sale. Crazy. Regular price is $5 each. Even if they suck, I'll only be out $7.50 for 6 of them. Plus, free shipping is included - even to Canada! Just thought I'd pass the info along. Probably not the best protectors out there, and installation looks a bit difficult (wet soap method), but I've read good reviews on them so I took the big gamble of $7.50. I think they are clear (not matte). I had a matte on the playbook, but for a screen this size, I'd rather wipe fingerprints now and then rather than diminish the brightness. (I'm getting old!).
    They're clear screen protectors, but they have horrible rainbow effects and are finger print magnets on steroids.. I know they're cheap but I wouldn't recommend them...
    02-28-13 08:39 PM
    I put the one on that came with the transform case and immediately pulled it back off and threw it in the garbage and went to the mall to get a ghost armor one installed. really love the screen protector material, it actually feels nice to touch, is pretty smudge resistant and very clear, but the screen protector itself is about 2-3mm smaller height and width wise and the guy who installed it didnt perfectly center it (nit picking), and it has 3 cut outs for the sensor, camera, and LED, which I dont believe are necessary. Lifetime warranty tho.
    02-28-13 09:20 PM
    I have one on just because of one brutal incident on my Bold 9700 where I accidentally dropped it and then proceeded to step on it... Not my proudest moment.

I got the invisibleSHIELD one! Fits well on my Z10 and it's barely noticeable!
    02-28-13 09:52 PM
    ZAGG, expensive, but the best.
    02-28-13 10:02 PM
    I just ordered my Z10 off eBay.. Couldn't wait for it to arrive here in the States. I was shopping for a screen protector and couldn't find the Zagg HD since I'm in the US and Spigen doesn't make any yet so I'm going to hold off on buying one and probably apply the one that comes with the Transform case.

The best screen protectors I have ever used were the Spigen one and then the Zagg Invisible Shield HD, excellent quality and you can barely notice it on there.
    03-01-13 02:21 AM
    I've put a Zagg HD on mine. Can't say I like it, it make the phone look horrible, gives it a rubbery spoungy feel, I can constantly feel the edges of it. I mean the back of the phone which looked nice is just rubbish...

I don't understand comments that you can barely notice it, I mean it is impossible to miss it...
    03-01-13 03:39 AM
    I just ordered my Z10 off eBay.. Couldn't wait for it to arrive here in the States. I was shopping for a screen protector and couldn't find the Zagg HD since I'm in the US and Spigen doesn't make any yet so I'm going to hold off on buying one and probably apply the one that comes with the Transform case.

The best screen protectors I have ever used were the Spigen one and then the Zagg Invisible Shield HD, excellent quality and you can barely notice it on there.

I did check with Spigen a while back...

Do you use a screen protector on your Z10?-picture-4.png
    03-01-13 03:51 AM
    I've put a Zagg HD on mine. Can't say I like it, it make the phone look horrible, gives it a rubbery spoungy feel, I can constantly feel the edges of it. I mean the back of the phone which looked nice is just rubbish...

I don't understand comments that you can barely notice it, I mean it is impossible to miss it...
    Bah, I was all about to go out and get the Zagg HD in preparation for when my phone arrives but if it still has that rubbery feel to it I dont know.
    03-01-13 03:57 AM
    I did check with Spigen a while back...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.png 
Views:	750 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	138632
    I emailed them a while back they said they're thinking about it...
    03-01-13 09:35 AM
    I use one. I forget the brand but it's one of the more expensive ones. Where you spray the screen and the protector and let it dry. I've never had one like that before. Although the only other screen protector I've used was for my play book.
    I wasn't going to go with one but after having my 9790's screen scratched in my pocket by my keys I wasn't going to take that chance again with an all touch device.
    03-01-13 09:44 AM
    I'm using the otterbox so I guess I am! Haha but I nay want to remove it at some point

Posted via CB10
    I find the OtterBox Defender screen protector has the same feel as the non-protected screen of my BlackBerry Z10. Sure it adds a few millimetres of bulk to the overall smartphone but still usable with one hand. Thank goodness OtterBox did not use the thicker rigid plastic screen protector for this case unlike their Defender for the BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    03-01-13 09:48 AM
    No, do not like the feel of them, glass feels much better IMHO. Same goes for cases, I will use the leather pocket for travelling about, but then when not needed e.g. Home or work, leave the Z10 in its beautiful birthday suit. They spend a lot of time to get it to feel/look nice, why spoil by wrapping it up a rubberised box?
    bintheredundat likes this.
    03-01-13 10:12 AM
211 ... 23456 ...