Was it a dog or a human?
    LOL!!!! The doggy told his human it was pretty cool but needed the cat finder app in the Apple Store.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:41 PM
    But were they really non Blackberry users or were they ex blackberry users deciding to give Blackberry one more shot??? There is a big difference.
    Well I was one of the converts, so we will need to wait to see the statistics.
    04-13-13 12:43 PM
    Miss apps, GPS is awful, sometimes get back to IP5 and task are done more quickly than on Z10>>>>
    gets me anxious...
    04-13-13 12:43 PM
    For me it's a success, my missis loves hers too. I love the hub, fits right in with my busy worklife and I've made the change to a fullscreen phone with ease after a couple years with a keyboard. Something I thought would be much harder.
    04-13-13 01:01 PM
    Miss apps, GPS is awful, sometimes get back to IP5 and task are done more quickly than on Z10>>>>
    gets me anxious...
    Lol that is you, not everyone else. I get stuff done 100x faster on my Z10 compared to my old iphone

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:05 PM
    The notion that 10's of millions of people will flock back to BB because of this laughable.

This product will be a "success" only if it sells enough to slow the rate of net negative cash burn at BBRY. The jury is out on that but I doubt those numbers will be anywhere near high enough.

It may, however, be a "success" from the standpoint of increasing the Enterprise Value of BBRY when it gets sold off.

It's just a business after all and it is burning more cash than it's making. Has nothing to do with whether you "love" your phone or anything else. It's about cash and break up value.
    "negative cash burn at BBRY"
    Really? maybe you need to learn to read and/or listen, and then of course understand which could be the hardest part!
    04-13-13 01:06 PM
    Been using my Z10 for a while now and waiting for my Q10 i (hope) in April. But i so far i have put the other mobiles at side, my z10 is my daily driver and it works better than anything else for my needs. Did change mobile as soon something new came out befor i got my z10 in my hands, now i dont feel the need anymore. And that is a very good thing.. where i live you dont see so many BB users and even my friends are deep into android/ios, but that did not stop me to get one as soon i could tho. And now i trying to get folks around me to change to BB..
    Last edited by Ariozo; 04-13-13 at 01:53 PM.
    04-13-13 01:14 PM
    The notion that 10's of millions of people will flock back to BB because of this laughable.

This product will be a "success" only if it sells enough to slow the rate of net negative cash burn at BBRY. The jury is out on that but I doubt those numbers will be anywhere near high enough.

It may, however, be a "success" from the standpoint of increasing the Enterprise Value of BBRY when it gets sold off.

It's just a business after all and it is burning more cash than it's making. Has nothing to do with whether you "love" your phone or anything else. It's about cash and break up value.
    Hmm, yet you haven't factored in any business accumen of BlackBerry applying for a corporate loan from BMO (whom helped their organization go lean to its present state). Underwriters have been with BB since January 2012 so nobody is looking to sell any part of the company that is publicly known as of yet.

Anyone curious if the Q10 will have an Executive Edition, in a similar packaged box like the Z10 did?
    PS: I just picked up my second Z10 and its the Executive Edition - girl needed one and well I get the accessories and the BlackBerry Bluetooth Speaker S; and its surprising loud and clear. Bathroom vocal practicing in the shower here I come. D:
    04-13-13 01:56 PM
    Why do people say that the gps is awful? Well I personally use the one that is integrated in my car, but I tried using the BlackBerry Z10 one yesterday and I worked wonderfully; I could see the whole route, I could get very accurate turn by turn, it was very fast to see my location, and the address I was searching for...

I'm just curious to know what sucks with it... maybe there are other missing functions other people use that I don't... or maybe there are other gps in other phones that are better in some way?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:57 PM
    Why do people say that the gps is awful? Well I personally use the one that is integrated in my car, but I tried using the BlackBerry Z10 one yesterday and I worked wonderfully; I could see the whole route, I could get very accurate turn by turn, it was very fast to see my location, and the address I was searching for...

I'm just curious to know what sucks with it... maybe there are other missing functions other people use that I don't... or maybe there are other gps in other phones that are better in some way?

Posted via CB10
    Nothing sucks about it. Trolls abound and they will stop at nothing to bad mouth BB10. Ignore them and enjoy your experience.

I personally feel that BB10 and the Z10 (and the Q10) are a success. This would account for the number of trolls spreading ill word of the BB10 family or their experience with the Z10. Haters gonna hate...but it does give a good indicator of something or someone's success.
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    04-13-13 03:16 PM
    Yes it is a success, from a communication tool perspective its second to none. Just keep the focus on solidifying the OS and the developers will have to jump on board. I love how fluid this device is! Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:25 PM
    BlackBerry maps works fine for me, it's a bare bones app that does its job. Obviously improvements are always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    04-13-13 03:37 PM
    Getting back to the topic at hand:

If you consider defying the odds to make it back into the game at this point.. then YES I would say the z10 is a successful product.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-13-13 03:43 PM
    I visited a bell store on the other side of town and asked them how well the z10 had sold and they told me it far exceeded their expectations this is in hamilton ontario canada
    04-13-13 03:47 PM
    Based on the fact that I can't put it down - and I've had it for 2 months and still can't put it down - yes.

Based on the fact that it's selling very well at my husband's store and continues to sell well, with very few returns I might add, yes.

However, overall success? We will have to wait a couple of quarters for some numbers. I wouldn't like to judge by what I see in the wild because then I would be led to believe that Blackberry is on top with Android a close second and Apple is dying. As for Windows, I've never seen one.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:53 PM
    In business there is only one measure of success and that is profitability... period.... if you are profitable in selling your product in the market place and can grow... you are successful..... BB knows how many devices they need to sell and of late seem to be fairly confident..... If BB maintains their margins they should do well.....

I chuckle at my American friends... the country was built on success yet many to not realize the world has caught up.... Yes America is a major market for many and at one time the leading one.... Not any more....The best example is Hollywood... in years past all major movie releases ALWAYS occurred in the US.. why.. because then the thinking was a movies could not be successful elsewhere unless it was released in the US first... that thinking is now gone by the wayside.... The Avengers and Skyfall were already profitable by the time they were released in the US a good month before the US release.... releasing in the US was gravy so to speak....Again it does not diminish the US market it just shows it is no longer required to make you business successful..... If the BB10 smartphones and later incarnations are marketed correctly around the world then BB will become a power again... not on the level of an Apple or Samsung but for the next couple of years a strong 3rd....
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-13-13 03:59 PM
    Well admit to steering clear of such a general thread but a couple answers compel my response. Most recent post did point to recurring theme that was slow to take hold or understand by a few vocal CBers. While I can't agree 100% that business is always about profit and bottom line (because that is too simplified), it most certainly is accurate with a publicly traded company with most of its shares held outside mgmt control.

Further unfortunately the U.S. has dropped precipitously in virtually all respects--both economic and social. (The real economic bomb yet to com--no private pensions and 70T in unfunded public pendions.) Better check the Hollywood example: One of last strongholds albeit flat. (Your reference ostensibly to foreign box office sales holds little water. We refer to that generally as pre sales (usually reference to foreign box office) but for years such sales have sometimes covered movie production costs prior to U.S. distribution release--true for foreign productions released to other countries too. (Bond movies are formula driven movies--ie., subject to a sequel formula--based on many years of actual numbers and success.) The bottom line, however, is that yes the purchasing power of the rest of world has surpassed in the aggregate and China may surpass "Us" before Obama leaves. (We had a glimpse of this in cell phones when Nokia was the largest cell phone company worldwide e/o dominating US.)

Now back to our (Canadian) BlackBerry and its loyal, and new, following. Z and Q sales in US will still be the largest determinant of success and even whether BB is likely to survive or become a project for an investment banker. Gross unit sales along with global profits overall is the actual measure of success given BB'S current financial stress. Shareholders and/or investment bankers simply are not going to wait long, and definitely not prop BB for the next generation of phones, at least w/o taking their pound of flesh.

SO ... No excuses, the Z/Q still has a chance but we're almost into the blind curve...Let's see if we can make these OS10 products even better during the next 3 months thru our own CB spawned efforts and by prodding BlackBerry mgmt where appropriate. ...

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-13-13 07:02 PM
    YES.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:07 PM
    The notion that 10's of millions of people will flock back to BB because of this laughable...

...rate of net negative cash burn at BBRY
    (Actually, what's laughable is your attempt to use accounting terminology)

We can't know whether it's a success or not. We need 2 or 3 quarters and then we need to see some numbers. Reversing the user base erosion isn't only about selling Z10 units.
    Last edited by mset; 04-14-13 at 01:17 AM.
    04-13-13 11:48 PM
    To me, BlackBerry in general (not specifically Z10 or Q10) will be successful when they regain their presence as the only phone to use by businesses again. BlackBerry has always been viewed as a business tool and when it can reclaim that niche with a new modern image, then to me, that's success. Just like iPhone and Samsung have reputations as consumer phones, I want to see BlackBerry be the business phone again when everyone in corporate America is using one again. That to me is success.

Funny though is that I took a short trip to Las Vegas. Almost everyone sitting there was looking down at a touch screen. Most had an iPhone. Some had what looked like earlier generations of the touch screen when screens were smaller. So I couldn't believe my eyes when I peeked at what the people sitting around me were using. The guy to my left was on a Bold. The guy to my right was on the Torch or Storm. The guy diagonally in front of me was on a Bold. I couldn't believe that in a sea of iPhones, there were people still using a BlackBerry, and they were all surrounding me. I felt like I was in BlackBerry heaven. But no, I didn't see anyone with a Z10.

The concern I have is that since the general public does not care about BlackBerry and therefore does not keep up with news about them, they're not going to know or care about new releases. So I'm afraid that when fans start taking their Q10s out to use, non-fans will still think it's an old phone. They're not going to stare at it closely to see there's no trackpad. They're just going to see the keyboard and automatically think it's yet another outdated phone by BlackBerry, which further instills in their minds that BlackBerry is still out of style and yesterday's old news. That's my only concern about the Q10.
    04-26-13 11:31 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    Fact? Didn't get to the US till March, need to see the numbers in June to determine that.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-26-13 11:35 PM
    For me yes. I went iPhone, then Android, then Z10. I am using the phones for business use with a little personal stuff thrown in. Coming from the other platforms this phone has the smoothest interface between contact notifications, contacts, calendar I have seen. I have asked my IT guy to get me the Q10 on its release as I do miss blind typing (impossible with a touch screen). So yes, for me personally I have been satisfied with the current iteration of the BlackBerry.
    04-27-13 09:53 AM
    The Z10 came out and definitely served it's purpose. I believe this was to raise awareness the BlackBerry is not dead and that they can do a full touchscreen phone as good as everyone else. I'm quite confident that the future BlackBerry phones will be even more competitive now that they seemed to have gained some traction.
    04-28-13 02:00 AM
    I don't thick Z10 selling well in Asia too. The hardware and specification of Z10 is not bad. But the apps is really terrible. No apps avaliable in BB world. And those famous apps like wechat, Skype, launch of very slow. So I think people will not buy it until it support more apps. And also sideload apps is not BB user looking for.
    Right now I have half of the apps are converted from android. This is not what I want. To be honest, I use android os before and I want to try something new. If developer keep launch all the apps converted from android, why I use BB. I can simply use Samsung or HTC which give me more choice. I am sure right BB should work hard on it's own apps base on BB instead of converted from android.
    04-28-13 02:32 AM
224 ... 789