I'll have to see the quarterly results for q3 to make a good judgement

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:52 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    And you know this how? What is your basis for this comment?

Sorry, I don't know how anyone can make a definitive comment at this time. Your perception perhaps, but there is no empirical evidence one way or another at the moment.
    04-11-13 05:56 PM
    If it's a fact then you won't mind showing us the sales figures as evidence.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    It is an absolute failure. They are already discounting the z10 at every carrier. They barley sold 1 million in the first month and that's launching in markets that are considered their strongest. In the U.S blackberry will be lucky to sell half that. If you consider that a success then your smoking some good stuff.
    04-11-13 05:58 PM
    I know that I have NEVER seen ANY articles for any other BB phone that touted new customers coming from other platforms. Remember the news articles where "50% of Z10 orders are from iOS and 35% from Android?"
    Is the Z10 going to fly out the store like an iPhone? LOL....not even close, I sure hope you weren't expecting that. But BB has shown they have niche appeal, they are far from dead, and they are quite profitable. Any smartphone share above 10% is just icing on the cake, as the saying goes
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-11-13 06:00 PM
    More so than WebOS after HP got a hold of it.
    04-11-13 06:02 PM
    Anecdotal. Still doesn't justify you calling your sense of things a "fact". You're not the authority on the matter. BlackBerry is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    ......and everyone else on Crackberry is?.......seriously. Just open your eyes. Not that hard, exactly what has Blackberry said??. NOTHING worth wild concerning USA sales.......I wonder why?
    04-11-13 06:02 PM
    For me, the answer is Yes! BB innovates from OS 7 to OS 10. They made sure that mobile experience for previous & new users are superb. We just have to wait for the # of apps to increase.
    04-11-13 06:05 PM
    It is an absolute failure. They are already discounting the z10 at every carrier. They barley sold 1 million in the first month and that's launching in markets that are considered their strongest. In the U.S blackberry will be lucky to sell half that. If you consider that a success then your smoking some good stuff.
    I never said it was a success, but nor would I state that it's a failure in the US without sales figures and call it a fact. The one million were mostly sold in two of their major markets (UK and Canada) with a combined population of about 87 million. That's a fact.

mousmah likes this.
    04-11-13 06:05 PM
    ......and everyone else on Crackberry is?.......seriously. Just open your eyes. Not that hard, exactly what has Blackberry said??. NOTHING worth wild concerning USA sales.......I wonder why?
    Conjecture. Still not fact.

04-11-13 06:08 PM
    Their are no hard sales figures yet, so I'm not sure how anyone could possibly answer this question. ..

Also, how are we defining success? 12 months ago some people thought BlackBerry wouldn't even be around at this time. Is the fact that the z10 even launched at all a measure of success? Or do we compare z10 sales against the industry leaders? If we go that route were not even in the same ballpark....

It's a good phone. Competitive. Beyond that I'm not sure what else can be said this early in the game.

Personally, I live in Toronto, which I'd consider as big of a "pro" BlackBerry market as any ( besides Waterloo obviously). Everyday I see dozens and dozens of iPhone and androids. In 2 months I've seen maybe 10 z10's in the "wild".

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:08 PM
    In the U.S., an unequivocal no. In the rest of the world? The figures are higher or trending inline with WP8, so I'd say a cautions yes. BlackBerry managed to eek a small profit last quarter (fine, mostly due to one-time charges and rebates), but that's better than HTC -- the real company I worry about existing in 2014.

I'm going to be honest, rather than my office (where we for 3 Z10s at the launch event), I've yet to see one in the wild. And I've traveled over 20k miles in the last 8 weeks. I'm not a people watcher, I'm a gadget watcher. I have a Rainman-like obsession with figuring out every gadget a person is using, especially smartphones.

The guy at the Vegas airport sitting at drop-off, red Lumia 920. Guy sitting next to me at the bar, iPhone 5, dude at the terminal, galaxy nexus.

Suffice to say, I have t seen ONE Z10 in public. Now, I can't keep track of every phone, but since Saturday I'd day I've seen at least 4 9900 series holds, a 85xx Curve and a Torch. No Z10s.

As I said, that's anecdotal but as someone who is an admitted Apple fan, I will note that the number of GS3s I see matches or exceeds the number of iPhone 5am these days, which is the most worrying sign for me that Apple is at risk for no longer being the best-selling smartphone. They still are by individual unit, but I see a branding shift

Compare this to 5 years ago in 2008 when I was proudly sporting an 8320 Curve and saw an 8800, Pearl, Curve or even a Bold 9000 in every airport and in the big screen

As I said, I am bullish internationally but I live in NYC and travel a lot and haven't seen any Z10s outside of a BB event. To me, that's not good

Of course, as good as it is, I don't expect the HTC One to sell in any volume either. I think the S4 is about to suck up all the non-iPhone US sales.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:12 PM
    considering ALMOST EVERYONE in the media was saying "BB10 is DOA", the fact that they have decent sales should be considered a success.
    also considering other markets blew past expectations they picked up the slack from other markets. and it is a marathon not a sprint.

that being said I believe BBRY is on track to regain mind share .....and then the market sharenwill follow
    04-11-13 06:13 PM
    Well everyone uses the overrated iphone

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10.
    04-11-13 06:13 PM
    U find it successful the phone is great

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10.
    04-11-13 06:14 PM
    Phone rings, calls are answered, Web browser works, SMS messages are received and sent. Success! Screw the shareholders and day trading gamblers. But my instagram itches! Whatever. Do you like the phone or not? Ignore the flock and let them go off the cliff together.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    04-11-13 06:14 PM
    In my eyes it seems that the Z10 launch has been very successful.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:15 PM
    I think there are a lot of factors that you need to consider. Are we asking if it's successful in all areas where it's available? Are we talking regionally? Ironic...I just saw a television ad for the Z10 on Verizon as I'm typing this. I can only speak in general terms and limit my response to what I know.

Since the launch party in NYC and up until now, I'm the only person I have personally seen with a Z10. Keep in mind I live in West Virginia and it's not a large market. But since the launch I have tried to pay extra attention to what device other people are using. Sadly, I have not seen another Z10 in the hands of another user.

I want BlackBerry to succeed but from my limited observations its an uphill battle.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:19 PM
    I have 4 friends and 2 family members that bought z10s and they love them. That is pretty much equal to the amount of people I know with iphones. So in my little world it is a success.

Posted via CB10
    daizymom likes this.
    04-11-13 06:19 PM
    Report yourself for calling someone ignorant for their opinion
    Lol that was someone else.

04-11-13 06:20 PM

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:27 PM
    No...but it has certainly boosted the 12-15 year-old age demographic in CrackBerry memberships. Don't agree...read about 40% of the posts here anymore.
    Love that wicked sense of humor!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:28 PM
    I have been a HUGE blackberry fan since my first blackberry phone (curve 8900) from 2009...I since brought the 9800, brought my wife the 9700....I then brought the 9860...I then brought the bold 9000 off ebay and used that for a while. Oh and let me not forget about the PB. Did I mention that I love blackberry.

I wanted a long time for blackberry 10 but in the end I couldn't see spending 200 bucks for the Z10. Blackberry is truly behind its competitors. The Z10 needed to be a phone on steroids not vitamins, and blackberry fell short of that. I new its a new platform....I know.....I know.....but that's no ones fault but blackberry. I brought the Droid DNA and after 2 days with the phone I understand why my friends and family laughed at me for sticking with BB for so long. Being a critical care nurse I use a lot of medical apps, blackberry always had few if none of the apps that I needed but I stuck with the phone because....well I loved and wanted to support the brand. When I started installing apps on the DNA...I was truly pissed that blackberry didn't give me this experience.

I know will get slammed for this post but I really don't care.....because I truly want blackberry to dominate, but they won't with this **** they are pulling. The Z10 needed to have a 1080p screen with some stupid crazy ppi, it needed to have 1.7ghz or more, hell 2.0ghz, and it needed to pay whatever it cost to get Netflix and Instagram....The truth is, average folks don't give a **** about security....they don't....I know they should, but they don't....

I'm so mad that I can't go any further.....but I'm mad because I want BB to crush everyone.....and they let me down....I know, who gives a **** what I think...and I know everyone will say, its not for everyone.....but BB can't afford this kind of talk, they can't.... I will continue to support BB via PB....and in 2 years if the platform is ready I will be one of the first to by one, but after this...I am very, very skeptical.
    Kevin......the next time you interview Vivek or Gadeway...give them hell about specs, and creating a true super phone....Oh Kevin the next time you talk to Sauders......give him hell about apps. Blackberry should have all the supers apps that other phones have plus native super, super apps, nothing less. Ok let the hate begin.
    Sent from by Blackberry Playbook......
    Spencerdl and dwane32 like this.
    04-11-13 07:00 PM
    I have been a HUGE blackberry fan since my first blackberry phone (curve 8900) from 2009...I since brought the 9800, brought my wife the 9700....I then brought the 9860...I then brought the bold 9000 off ebay and used that for a while. Oh and let me not forget about the PB. Did I mention that I love blackberry.

I wanted a long time for blackberry 10 but in the end I couldn't see spending 200 bucks for the Z10. Blackberry is truly behind its competitors. The Z10 needed to be a phone on steroids not vitamins, and blackberry fell short of that. I new its a new platform....I know.....I know.....but that's no ones fault but blackberry. I brought the Droid DNA and after 2 days with the phone I understand why my friends and family laughed at me for sticking with BB for so long. Being a critical care nurse I use a lot of medical apps, blackberry always had few if none of the apps that I needed but I stuck with the phone because....well I loved and wanted to support the brand. When I started installing apps on the DNA...I was truly pissed that blackberry didn't give me this experience.

I know will get slammed for this post but I really don't care.....because I truly want blackberry to dominate, but they won't with this **** they are pulling. The Z10 needed to have a 1080p screen with some stupid crazy ppi, it needed to have 1.7ghz or more, hell 2.0ghz, and it needed to pay whatever it cost to get Netflix and Instagram....The truth is, average folks don't give a **** about security....they don't....I know they should, but they don't....

I'm so mad that I can't go any further.....but I'm mad because I want BB to crush everyone.....and they let me down....I know, who gives a **** what I think...and I know everyone will say, its not for everyone.....but BB can't afford this kind of talk, they can't.... I will continue to support BB via PB....and in 2 years if the platform is ready I will be one of the first to by one, but after this...I am very, very skeptical.
    Kevin......the next time you interview Vivek or Gadeway...give them hell about specs, and creating a true super phone....Oh Kevin the next time you talk to Sauders......give him hell about apps. Blackberry should have all the supers apps that other phones have plus native super, super apps, nothing less. Ok let the hate begin.
    Sent from by Blackberry Playbook......
    To each their own! Obviously this phone doesn't suit your needs especially with apps which seems understandable! Not sure why anyone would bash you for this. I agree that they have a long ways to go.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    One_Cam likes this.
    04-11-13 07:08 PM
    *sigh* not the spec war again.

04-11-13 07:08 PM
    It's a success. The fact that people are talking about it is a indicator.
    Market absorption takes time.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:11 PM
224 1234 ...