Apparently, the Z10 is not selling very well in US... Here in Canada, I only have 1 other friend who purchased thr Z10, we are both BB fanboys. But in my university and on the bus, I have yet to see anyone with the Z10.
    04-11-13 03:39 PM
    Depends on your definition of successful
    mousmah, DawgMan, captafg and 2 others like this.
    04-11-13 03:53 PM
    Well the numbers are out and yes they sold well. Not as much as iphones swarms but still profited

Posted via CB10
    cloudberry and seacan2 like this.
    04-11-13 04:01 PM
    Which university, if you are in waterloo you will probably see a lot

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-11-13 04:01 PM
    Couple people at my work have them. I haven't returned it, or gotten extremely frustrated with it, and plan to keep mine for a while. So yes, in my eyes it is successful. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll, shads77, SDTRMG and 5 others like this.
    04-11-13 04:06 PM
    considering ALMOST EVERYONE in the media was saying "BB10 is DOA", the fact that they have decent sales should be considered a success.
    bungaboy, 2 Phonez and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-11-13 04:08 PM
    The chavs on the bus today were talking about how "everyone" is going to get a Z10 and that they were nice. So at least they're doing well in the UK. I haven't seen anyone with a Z10 yet but not everyone is a hardcore BlackBerry fan who's willing to end their contract early to go out and get one as soon as they hear about it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-11-13 04:10 PM
    considering ALMOST EVERYONE in the media was saying "BB10 is DOA", the fact that they have decent sales should be considered a success.
    Agree. Decent sales are expected and a success for now. All in all, the Q wasn't launched yet. I see people from the the US asking for it all the time on BlackBerry's Facebook. So we need to give it more time before judging overall success as well.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 04:10 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    ihys likes this.
    04-11-13 04:12 PM
    Yes I do.

A failure would be on the news regularly by now. It is not so.

The fact that ordinary people are talking about the 'new' BlackBerry makes it a success already. The more people talk, the more they will look into it. The more people start to pick them up, the more the snowball grows.

So yes, I do think it's a success - In the making
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-11-13 04:13 PM
    Simple answer ...NO, not successful in the USA.....PERIOD. It is what it it is. Fact not fiction.
    If it's a fact then you won't mind showing us the sales figures as evidence.

ErinnM, shaleem, sanjk1 and 7 others like this.
    04-11-13 04:17 PM
    It's too early to tell if it's a success or not. Give the device 6 months and then you will know if it is successful. The Z10 is not going to hit a home run but I think it will lure some from the other platforms back to blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    cloudberry and jpoulin587 like this.
    04-11-13 04:18 PM
    In the US? no not really, which is strange, as it was expected to do well in the third world.
    mikegcox, nicole2013 and FF22 like this.
    04-11-13 04:23 PM
    No one, other than BlackBerry knows the TRUE number of units SOLD.
    All I've ever owned was a BlackBerry, was Lovin the storm when the world hated it. Really hoping the Q10 launch helps get more of the os out there so people can see what they are missing !

Posted from my amazing Z10
    j21jam6 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-11-13 04:24 PM
    Up until ten days ago I was using the BlackBerry 9850. Every review I read hated it. Even BlackBerry treated the phone as an illegitimate stepchild. I never saw another one in the wild. However I loved the phone. So while it may not have been a hit to the masses or even RIM for that matter, it worked for me. Success? It's relative. I'm happy with my Z10.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 04:35 PM
    No one knows for sure without the figures.
    Overall I'd have to say, if asked for a personal opinion, yes, the Z10 has been successful.
    Feedback from around the world suggests they've sold a lot more device than I honestly expected them to.
    But then that's just my opinion.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-11-13 05:11 PM
    It's definitely a personal success as a consumer.
    Is it a company success as shareholder?
    I wont be able to confirm without a doubt until the end of the current quarter. But I'd put a bet that it is...well technically i already bet it

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:20 PM
    Way too early to tell. Also I would point out that the objective isn't merely Z10 success, it's BlackBerry 10 success. The Z10's introduction is just the first salvo.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 and DawgMan like this.
    04-11-13 05:28 PM
    The chavs on the bus today were talking about how "everyone" is going to get a Z10 and that they were nice. So at least they're doing well in the UK. I haven't seen anyone with a Z10 yet but not everyone is a hardcore BlackBerry fan who's willing to end their contract early to go out and get one as soon as they hear about it.

Haha the chavs. Where abouts in the UK are you? I still haven't seen one around my area. But I have seen a couple on the tube on my way to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:30 PM
    I think by years end most will be pleasantly surprised. It's a very slick phone that just needs to get into more hands.
    seacan2 and elGuapoTorres like this.
    04-11-13 05:34 PM
    I have stated seeking the phone all over the place actually. Just yesterday I saw one at work. Here in Canada is probably where it's doing the best. But I kinda feel like this phone is the type that one starts to love over time so it might take some time before it takes over.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:35 PM
    Haha the chavs. Where abouts in the UK are you? I still haven't seen one around my area. But I have seen a couple on the tube on my way to work.

Posted via CB10
    Swindon. This was the first time I've heard people in the "wild" talking about it. I only noticed that they were talking about it as I got up so I think they were looking at mine while I was mesmerised by my IM+ conversation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 05:35 PM
    I have stated seeking the phone all over the place actually. Just yesterday I saw one at work. Here in Canada is probably where it's doing the best. But I kinda feel like this phone is the type that one starts to love over time so it might take some time before it takes over.

Posted via CB10
    You could be right. I think the Z10 is just too nice, even with the shortcomings, to fail.
    04-11-13 05:39 PM
    If it's a fact then you won't mind showing us the sales figures as evidence.

Sales figures...seriously.....how many have you seen in the wild?, how well is your local carrier promoting the Z10, how many posters have you seen, how many accessories does your local carrier or any store for that matter have, its obvious in my opinion just by being observant and not blind to the real USA world .....but I love my Z10 because I'm a Blackberry fan, but I'm not BLIND....are you?
    04-11-13 05:48 PM
    Sales figures...seriously.....how many have you seen in the wild?, how well is your local carrier promoting the Z10, how many posters have you seen, how many accessories does your local carrier or any store for that matter have, its obvious in my opinion just by being observant and not blind to the real USA world .....but I love my Z10 because I'm a Blackberry fan, but I'm not BLIND....are you?
    Anecdotal. Still doesn't justify you calling your sense of things a "fact". You're not the authority on the matter. BlackBerry is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    seacan2 and John Pawling like this.
    04-11-13 05:51 PM
224 123 ...