Yes I'm using the leaked 1762 and I have the new Sol Republic JAX in ear headphones with the volume changer and mic.

These earphones will crash the sound daemon on the BlackBerry Z10 and WILL MAX OUT THE VOLUME, rendering both volume controls on the earphones and phone not respond. Get ready to pull the plug. Please confirm.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:36 PM
    Try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.

Try again after you reboot. Still happening?
    05-13-13 03:47 PM
    I never knew of this hard restart option. All I did was a normal restart. The problem went away.

I don't know which were the cause; however in the past firmwares, including the leaked 1483, if I were to insert the headphones, only one side would be audible. Reinserting then fixes that, but that's another earphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:01 PM
    Try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.

Try again after you reboot. Still happening?
    That function is actually a power off and then power on. Same as holding the power button down for 3 seconds, waiting for the phone to power down, and then 10-15 seconds later, pressing the power button to turn the phone back on. AFAIK, that's no different than a restart.
    05-13-13 06:11 PM
    That function is actually a power off and then power on. Same as holding the power button down for 3 seconds, waiting for the phone to power down, and then 10-15 seconds later, pressing the power button to turn the phone back on. AFAIK, that's no different than a restart.
    No, I promise it's actually different. BBRY has said so. Now as for how different they are? Honestly couldn't tell you.
    I believe their instructions for the reset say hold down the power button for 10 seconds. I typically hold it down for a bit longer, like probably 15-30 seconds, for no good reason.
    05-13-13 06:28 PM
    Quoting myself:
    "Remember back in the BBOS days when a soft reset (Shift + Alt + Del) sometimes didn't fix an issue and a battery pull did?

That is because a battery pull kills the power. A soft reset allowed the OS to save some stuff, and as stupid as it may seem, said bugs got "saved", ready to be loaded on the next boot.

Now, for the Q&Z (Like the PlayBook) ..
    Holding the top button until you see the shutdown screen or tapping reset allow the OS for a proper shutdown.

Holding the top button or both volume rockers for 10~ seconds kills the power, akin a battery pull.

Note:
    There was no way to kill the power using buttons on BBOS, this is a new "feature"
    ."
    05-13-13 06:31 PM