I am planning on getting the Apple Earpods to use with my blackberry z10. I'm assuming that the sound works with the z10 but does anyone know if the mic and remote functions work with the z10? I have tried googling it but I have seen consistent answers yet. If anyone know anything, leave a comment, thanks.
    09-15-13 11:43 AM
    Yup its works very well. I have a apple earpod to

Posted via my awesome Z10
    09-15-13 11:48 AM
    Most sets I have tried work partially. Mic+answer/end call should work. Play/pause will work (except some android ports, statusbar must show the ">" play icon). Volume buttons also work.
    I have never been able to get specific shortcuts like 'long- or double-press' to work with 3rd-party sets, even though it says in the settings it should work.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-15-13 11:49 AM
    The originals are all I have tried, not the new fitted style, so I can only say the older style work fine from experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:51 AM
    No they dont

Apple use a different type of sound that doesn't work on other phones

Apple internet doesn't work on z10 either

Posted via CB10
    saint613 likes this.
    09-15-13 11:52 AM
    No they dont

Posted via CB10
    Lol this made me laugh.

Seriously though, I was surprised how well they work, all the buttons do what they're supposed to with the native player (I don't use and third party apps so can't speak for them) like long-press to skip tracks. It even launches the music player and starts playing a song when you click "play" even if you didn't have the app open before.

Maybe I'm just easily impressed. But I didn't think you can do all that from a headphone jack.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:59 AM
    Lol this made me laugh.

Seriously though, I was surprised how well they work, all the buttons do what they're supposed to with the native player (I don't use and third party apps so can't speak for them) like long-press to skip tracks. It even launches the music player and starts playing a song when you click "play" even if you didn't have the app open before.

Maybe I'm just easily impressed. But I didn't think you can do all that from a headphone jack.

Posted via CB10
    They are pretty good. Best 25 bucks I've spent. Like you said, everything works and they are still in pristine condition because they included a casing, which means they aren't tangled in my pocket.

Do apple earpods work with blackberry z10?-img_00001171.jpg

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-15-13 12:02 PM
    No they dont

Posted via CB10
    Actually you are only partially right. Apples sound will play on other phones but as soon as their headphones notify them you have been listening you get sued for sound copyright infringement.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-16-13 07:08 AM
    I use both an apple headset and a Sony set made for iPhone and iPod.

Both are fully functional.
    You could always use Apple headphones for calls but now the buttons also work.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:23 AM
    Yes they work on every BlackBerry I've had. BlackBerry earphones ( the flat wire ones) sound better to me but only allows one to pause music and start voice control using the mic on the earphones

Apple earphones allows me to the skip forward back & pause as well as use mic.
    But I usually end up using BlackBerry earphones for the sound.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 09-16-13 at 02:01 PM.
    09-16-13 01:17 PM
    Unfortunately you are not actually buying the earpods. You are buying a license to put them in your ears.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:46 PM
    They do??

Wow, I would have expected that the jack was square or triangular or something non-standard that was proprietary to Apple.
    09-16-13 02:02 PM
    I thought they had earlightning connector.
    09-16-13 02:07 PM
    They work but the quality sucks compared to a decent pair of aftermarket earbuds. I purchased a set of rocketfish earbuds from Bestbuy for less then $30 and they destroy the iPhone earbuds, plus they were cheaper in price.
    09-16-13 02:26 PM