Hi---I have searched all the threads with fixes and problems regarding my problem and come up empty so I have created my own thread on this just to see if anyone else has this problem. I used the autoloader for 10.3.0.1052 (Mega upload) and made a backup using BBLink of my previous O.S. 10.2.1.3247. The O.S. upgrade went perfectly so I restored my data using BBLink and unchecked "Blackberry Runtime" only, as was advised on another thread. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT media sharing. When I go to settings\media sharing\devices WITH share music, share pictures, and share videos enabled all I see under devices for sharing media is the name of my own z10 with the option of checking or unchecking it. Nothing else shows up even tho I have a Sharp Aquos Tv which I use with my phone VERY often for DLNA streaming. My wife's z10 (which I have not updated) does not show up, or our 2 laptops or my myCloud drive. I have rebooted the phone several times (hard reset) , pulled the battery (I know that is really unnecessary....but...), restarted my wifi router. I have my Device Connections enabled and Storage and Access is enabled for wifi. I have wiped the device and reinstalled to no avail. Anything that anybody could suggest before I go back to 10.2.1.3247? I would be grateful because I would really like to stay on 10.3 but I think DLNA not working is a deal breaker for me. Sorry for such a long story but I wanted to get all my steps in to avoid unnecessary questions. I am hoping that it is some simple thing that I am missing! Thanks for reading--hope you can help me. I have a z10 stl-3 by the way.
    08-24-14 12:13 PM
    it's a leak version. Maybe go back to 10.2 and then reload 10.3?
    08-24-14 03:53 PM
    Before going all the way back to 10.2.1, run an autoloader of 10.3 one time without restoring and see if DLNA works. I have no issues but I did a fresh install - no restoring at all.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1052
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-24-14 05:13 PM
    Before going all the way back to 10.2.1, run an autoloader of 10.3 one time without restoring and see if DLNA works. I have no issues but I did a fresh install - no restoring at all.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion---I just did that and there was still no devices for media sharing. Thanks for replying tho! I may try MrDoreth's suggestion once more. It is very strange, but there must be some logical explanation. I am tempted to take my wifes phone and duplicate but -----well the wrath of God may be put upon me--lol!!
    m1kr0 likes this.
    08-24-14 05:25 PM
    Yes, thanks for the suggestion---I just did that and there was still no devices for media sharing. Thanks for replying tho! I may try MrDoreth's suggestion once more. It is very strange, but there must be some logical explanation. I am tempted to take my wifes phone and duplicate but -----well the wrath of God may be put upon me--lol!!
    It's a strange issue.

Posted with my awesome Z10
    08-25-14 04:45 AM
    So even after doing a security wipe and NOT restoring anything I have this malfunctioning DLNA on 10.3. Kinda bums me out. Back to 10.2.1.3247! Thanks for the suggestions though!
    08-25-14 08:16 AM
    Odd. Running the latest leak on my Z10, STL100-3. Used Link to back-up, then autoladed the OS, then restored.
    Took about 15 seconds for the devices to show on my Z10 in the Media Sharing under Devices after I shared the folders.

I have a Panasonic Blu-ray with a DNLA client.
    DLNA media sharing NOT working after 10.3 upgrade........-dnla.jpg
    08-25-14 10:09 AM
    Mine shows up on my Samsung SmartTV too. Haven't checked the media player but I will to verify.
    08-25-14 12:31 PM
    My STL4-100 streams fine to my Samsung Smart TV post 10.3 update.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:23 PM
    Mine shows up on my Samsung SmartTV too. Haven't checked the media player but I will to verify.
    My STL4-100 streams fine to my Samsung Smart TV post 10.3 update.

Posted via CB10
    Are there any particular settings or options that need to be checked for changed on either the phone or tv? When I looked the other day, it was if the z10 was showing as a drive but it said no content in the folders? (perhaps this was my network where sometimes the z10 is a drive???)

Does one need or is there any use for any Samsung apps?

Thanks in advance.
    08-25-14 04:03 PM
    This works just like it did on OS 10.2.1.

First make sure that the video is not DRM protected and both your Z10 and TV are on the same network segment.

Second make sure that you have enabled media sharing, in your BlackBerry system settings.

Third, when in the video player on your BlackBerry chose Play on, to play the video on your Samsung Smart TV.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:39 PM
    [QUOTE=rich2468;10760875]This works just like it did on OS 10.2.1.

First make sure that the video is not DRM protected and both your Z10 and TV are on the same network segment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gone back to 10.2.1.2977 because lack of DLNA media sharing was a deal breaker for me. Believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING to get this working on 10.3 but no luck. Everything works fine on my 10.2.1. Its a shame because I very much like the other changes in 10.3. I will wait until my OS gets a OTA update to 10.3.1 in October or November and am praying that it works then. I consider myself a techie but I cannot for the life of me, figure this one out. I have literally spent hours and hours wiping, re-installing, restoring, not restoring etc etc etc to NO avail.
    09-08-14 08:25 PM
    I do NOT understand what just happened or why!!!

I got a Samsung TV a few weeks back. I tried using its Source Button (remote) to get to my Z10 and my Twonky drive (hooked to my network. The twonky worked more or less - it would try playing some videos but said "format not supported at this time" or something like that.

The z10 was another story. It would show the Z10 and I would try navigating the music/photos/video. It would never show me anything inside any folder. I have tried about half dozen or more times. Trying to tweak media settings on the phone and checking the tv. Nothing worked. It was odd while I don't recall entirely, I think for music it said something along the lines of "not allowed" or similar. For photos/video it would say something like no media to share or similar.

Tonight I was futzing around with nothing to watch so I hit the Source Button again and was heading to my Twony drive. But there was that tempting z10 choice. I selected it. Suddenly files and folders and albums were visible. I could suddenly play music. I navigated back to Video and I could play video. I don't know what changed. I just went through all of the various z10 settings and I see nothing special or different that I changed (I may have enabled development mode the other day for other purposes?????). I am pretty sure that I've changed nothing on my computer or wifi network. And I don't recall any TV settings changed in the last week. Oh, one thing I do see is that my Samsung TV shows in the Network (actually, 3 times! whoops 4 times) which was not the case before. Did it take two weeks to be discovered? Odd because I know it has been on the network since Netflix has been working for about two weeks or more.

Just one of those COMPUTER things that happen? (I was a cobol programmer back in the day and sometimes computers just do what they want!!!).

Ideas? Suggestions? I'm pretty sure that once I EXIT out, tomorrow this will just be a dream and I won't have access again!!!!
    09-08-14 11:09 PM
    whohoooo! Just an update.....in case anyone would like to know (I know really no one cares that much!) but the Media Share now works on 10.3.1.821 for me on my z10! Thought I would install and try it and BOOM everything shows up.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-14 08:04 AM
    whohoooo! Just an update.....in case anyone would like to know (I know really no one cares that much!) but the Media Share now works on 10.3.1.821 for me on my z10! Thought I would install and try it and BOOM everything shows up.
    Hey, we do appreciate closure and happy resolutions. Someone may be looking for a similar issue and you reporting it was resolved can help others.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-20-14 09:08 AM
    Hey, we do appreciate closure and happy resolutions. Someone may be looking for a similar issue and you reporting it was resolved can help others.
    Hey you know I am just getting back to this thread. No settings needed. Just make sure on your phone you have checked the boxes to allow to access pics, videos, music. Then also go into the media sharing and click devices and make sure you check the device you are trying to use it on.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-14 10:12 AM

Same here. DLNA works for two Z10s and Q10 after the leak.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-20-14 07:56 PM