You people do realize that one of the few people that actually knows the sales data (Thorsten Heins) has said that sales have been such that they've exceeded their very ambitious targets and, in fact, so robust they have changed the options and trajectory of the company? You do know he has a copy of AT&T pre-order data as well?

You know he's also said that it's been the best launch in history in several countries? You know he's also said that upwards of 50% of sales have come from people jumping from Android and iPhone?

Mind you, he is a conservative, humble leader and he is presently on a world tour telling people that iPhone/iOS is stale and Samsung security will never be top-notch, etc.

Do you remember when it launched and he didn't know what sales would be and he was talking daily about licensing, and selling the hardware division? Despite his confidence in the product, he didn't know if people would give it a chance and the air of fear and desperation in his comments was apparent. And now he's talking smack about iPhone?

This is the guy who is about to release the data that only he knows. What he is saying and doing should tell you exactly what will be in that quarterly report.

As for AT&T, if you simply go to their web site, you will see that only two phones are being rotated through the front page....HTC One and Blackberry Z10. This is the company that has no faith in Z10, isn't promoting it, and hasn't had any sales? Very odd that they would feature a flop of a pre-order (and live order) phone on the front page of their web site.

Patience my friends. If you've used it, you know what's up. The phone itself is amazing, but the OS is simply stunning. It will sell well in the US just like every where else. So, argue with the trolls, correct the fanboys, and promote the sh*t out of the phone, but do it with the calm confidence that you should have. Oh yes, people who don't have the phone, I said confidence.... it is really that good.

And, like I keep saying, this uproar...is for a Blackberry...WITHOUT A KEYBOARD. Wait until the Q10....
    03-23-13 10:40 AM
    I like the way you think Besides, someone ordered a million phones, think they know something? ... Hmm
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-23-13 10:53 AM
    I like your spirit
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:56 AM
    I like the way you think Besides, someone ordered a million phones, think they know something? ... Hmm
    I ordered this million. My family is very big, guy!!
    03-23-13 10:59 AM
    This is awesome. We all really want BlackBerry to do well, and I know I'm not the only one getting aggravated by these unnecessary articles bashing BlackBerry. So any good news or positive threads are welcomed.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:02 AM
    Patients is exactly right! I have used a PlayBook for a while, and although QNX was raw through the PlayBook, you could see the strong potential of the operating system on mobile devices. I not sure what some expected as far as sells. I think BB doing things right. Build it from the ground up over years. Marketing their strong points, the os, just like apple and android talk about the apps all the time because that is a strong point.I do not know to many week or month business plans. Usually 5 year. I personally have been having dreams about the z10. I have officially turned weird. I just bought a 920, bad azz phone, but have stock in BB and will check out the q10 definitely. I guess the point is, Good Post!
    03-23-13 11:02 AM
    Well said OP, well said.

Hopefully when its time for the figures to be released, Thor will put the smackdown on these foolish media outlets that have been constantly bashing Blackberry left, right and centre so to speak.

Go Thor and go Blackberry!!!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-24-13 at 07:47 AM. Reason: language and insults
    lwaysluking and big_time2 like this.
    03-23-13 11:42 AM
    So well said, this phone is a game changer and the people who know this are the ones that have bought the phone. I think that people are tired of only two really good options in the smart phone market and are now looking at BlackBerry as the third option.

The Z10 is only the beginning, wait and see what they at BlackBerry have in store for us in the next six to twelve months!
    03-23-13 11:44 AM
    Time to buy some stocks i guess

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    Mic_JP and big_time2 like this.
    03-23-13 11:45 AM
    I've had my Z10 for about 18 hours and I love it. I was a die hard physical keyboard fan, but I have to say that this keyboard is utterly amazing! I'm really excited about this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Vijik, big_time2, shads77 and 2 others like this.
    03-23-13 12:02 PM
    I have an iphone 5 since launch and got my z10 yesterday...it is amazing! i love it

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:15 PM
    I havent been on here since 09... just sayin

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:16 PM
    Welcome back bro !

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:27 PM
    So well said, this phone is a game changer and the people who know this are the ones that have bought the phone. I think that people are tired of only two really good options in the smart phone market and are now looking at BlackBerry as the third option.

The Z10 is only the beginning, wait and see what they at BlackBerry have in store for us in the next six to twelve months!
    I agree, the Z10 has a insane amount of things to offer, Flash support, integrated gestures inside apps as never seen before, really makes the whole experience insane. BB has really stepped up their game and gone fully "lets-make-something-new"-mode which is INSANELY hard to achieve, but they did it, and I would say (obviously) that their hard work is paying off, they virtually made a whole new OS within 2 years!

If that isn't impressive, I don't know what is
    03-23-13 12:31 PM
    Great peice... nice to see a positive outlook... people need to remember the overall negative view of BB in the media and the effect it has on us...heck many stock bloggers have already labeled the Z10 a flop the afternoon of the launch by checking 4 whole stores in New York......when as much as it has launched...it has not totally launched......the fact it does as well as it is a testament to BB and their new smartphone......
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-23-13 12:33 PM
    Where did he say this?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me neither. Have had every iPhone (on launch day) and got my Z10 yesterday and no looking back.

May buy the Q10 as well.

Got side loaded apps on yesterday thanks to this site/community (netflix, speedtest, Amex, google maps) without issue and was able to sync my calendar and contacts with iCloud so my Mac stays in sync.

Absolutely love the size and feel of the device. The back cover feels terrific and the keyboard is bigger than the iPhone 5 so is much easier to type. And the "swipe" upwards to put whole words into sentences is fantastic.

Home run. And that comment is coming from an apple fanboy.
    Lehomer, Mic_JP, rolojr1 and 21 others like this.
    03-23-13 12:38 PM
    Great read! My sentiments exactly

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:40 PM
    Great post. Very well said.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 12:45 PM
    Time to buy some stocks i guess

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    I DO NOT recommend stocks to anyone. That's a personal decision and very risky. But...here's a reply to a user on a stock web site. The user supposedly went to about 7 AT&T stores on his lunch break (really, they right next to each other?)

"Ok people here's the deal. Unlike the Wall Street Journal and this guy, I actually did my homework. I called 50 AT&T stores in random zip codes as well as 10 from major zip codes like Boston, NYC etc. In all honesty the responses I received were mixed. Some stores had about 10 phones in stock and only sold a couple so far. Some stores had several hundred phones in stock and sold 300+ today. Some stores were even sold out. Bottom line is that this stock trades on news and the news got it wrong - the phone is a hit. No it's not selling out like the iPhone, but then again BBRY isn't trading at a market cap of $450 billion either. I have never been more excited for a stock that I own to go down before. I just increased my position by 1000 shares. This is stupid easy money. Good luck to anyone that is short. Disclosure: I am long AAPL and BBRY."
    03-23-13 12:47 PM
    Nicely put. And worth repeating as often as the negative posts. Cheers.
    03-23-13 12:48 PM
    Just to play devils advocate, I think Thor mostly mentioned his upbeat statements prior to the official US launch. So who knows how well the US carrier to consumer sales are going.
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-23-13 12:57 PM
    Just to play devils advocate, I think Thor mostly mentioned his upbeat statements prior to the official US launch. So who knows how well the US carrier to consumer sales are going.
    I thought of that, but he has pre-order data. And no one reads or follows what he says except us nerds. 99% of the people waiting to buy the phone never heard of him and his interviews are not firing them up. I can't see this conservative guy talking like this without the numbers to back it up.

(I don't want anyone who hasn't seen his quotes to get the wrong idea. He's no Steve Jobs, he is very respectful...but...now seemingly very confident.)
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    03-23-13 01:12 PM
    The US sale will be a steady rise as compared to a big rise and then fall. So be patient slowly and Surely it will regain its market share.

Posted via CB10
    RSS Van likes this.
    03-23-13 01:17 PM
    #1 - that is not the HTC One (the phone that is coming) that you get at first it is the year+ old HTC One X that you get initially. You would think on a launch at least that they are supporting there would be room for the new phone before the older than one year phone no?
    #2 - I guess you haven't been an AT&T customer but I have and I can tell you from my own experience owning BB since 8820 on AT&T this is the most lack luster BB launch ever on AT&T. For the 9800 for example, there were these really slick displays that were placed in a straight line to the entrance - in other words you couldn't walk into the store and not see it. Those same exact displays one year later were used to showcase the 9810 in the exact same way. This time, on the launch the company needs more than anything else to get mind share back in the USA no special displays at all and if you read and watch the anecdotal evidence you will see that the Z10 was relegated to the rear of the store in most cases with exactly no signage what so ever. Compare and contrast that and tell me that AT&T is as enthusiastic about selling BlackBerries as they were for the other 2 phones.

If TH spoke about the USA sales yesterday I did not hear it. What I have heard is over time is a lot of spin such as you would exactly expect from the CEO. I expect them to find the numbers, the way to spin each and every launch such that there seems to be momentum even when there is not. What I know for a fact is in just about every case, I know how many iPhones sell during the first few days of launch, so far no numbers at all from BBRY. We'll get them soon enough.

What I worry about, is when BlackBerry is quiet about important things, like why they couldn't launch important apps before the launch of the phone, it's generally because the news is not good. Remember we all thought they were holding them back for the launch, and then don't worry they will be there for the USA launch and then...well..
    richardat, Rello, JPSKILLZ and 1 others like this.
    03-23-13 01:29 PM
102 123 ...