On a couple of occasions all my contacts have completely disappeared on my Z10. Local, LinkedIn, BBM, the lot. On each occasion I have done a battery pull and they have all reappeared on reboot.

I haven't been able to see any threads about this so am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar occurances. Is it just my phone or is there an underlying problem?
    04-06-13 08:43 AM
    Are you using Gmail for your contacts?? what i mean is do you have your contacts synched with gmail??...if so then there is an issue which causes contacts to be deleted and/or duplicated or triplicated.
    If so you can just log into your gmail from a computer, go into contacts and then settings and you restore your contact list from a few hrs ago to a few days/weeks or months etc.
    04-06-13 09:07 AM
    No, just my contacts imported using Link plus ones via the LinkedIn app.

The first time it happened was when I downloaded WhatsApp and I put it down to that since I had seen comments in the forums. However, it happened again today for no obvious reason. Sent a BBM from home then went out in the car - no contacts in the car's bluetooth contacts. Checked the phone and Contacts app completey blank. Very strange!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:38 AM
    This just happened to me too. I am using active sync with my exchange server.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:39 AM
    I am syncing with and Exchange Server and three times over the last week 95% of my contacts disappeared. They them reappear again. Between this and the battery drain (it gets hot in my pocket) and am seriously considering taking it back. I am a business business user and need a reliable phone. Has anyone fixed this issue??
    04-10-13 01:33 PM
    yes, me too. starting today, my contacts just disappeared completely. a reboot or restart brings them back for a few seconds, then they disappear again. i restored my gmail accounts but what exactly does that do? i can not now even check if my account settings are fine as the account section in settings just spins and spins when i click on it. adding a contact on its own does not work.
    05-27-13 04:09 PM
    I had about 60 contacts disappear, everyone passed S + all businesses. Restarted 3 came back ,2 are not mine .this getting old, first doubling now disappearing.

Posted via Z10
    05-27-13 05:10 PM
    This is happening to me on a VERY regular basis on my Q10. It appears to be mostly my Exchange contacts, synced over EAS. The LinkedIn and Facebook contacts seem to be okay.

At least once a day the contacts disappear (phone app suddenly shows just numbers which is my first clue). I then do a restart and they come back (after a while, which I think is either a resync or reindex).

Extremely frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:29 PM
    Anyone had any luck with getting this issue resolved?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:09 PM
    No resolution but I've noticed that some of these disappearing contacts are somehow being stored on my SIM card, which I have them turned off on display. Very weird.
    05-30-13 12:53 PM
    My fianc had all her contacts deleted by her iPhone. This happens i guess to the best of us. I suggest Office 365. It saves your contacts in the cloud and keeps them safe. Email me for a trial

[email protected]

Posted from my Z10
    05-30-13 01:03 PM
    I am having my contacts vanish then reappear regularly. It is only my "work" contacts that are synced to my exchange server via EAS. The biggest problem is the need to then re-link all my contacts on the Z10 after they reappear. It looks I'll this is a synchronization issue with EAS.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:59 PM
    I am still having this issue and it's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone had any luck solving it?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:52 AM
    I am still having this issue and it's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone had any luck solving it?

Posted via CB10
    Don't no much about exchange servers. Clearly there r extreme issues with contacts. Massive Worlds in Collision between RIM, VZN, YAHOO and more. With Z10, trying to implement email, contacts, and calendar with OTA SYNCING. Try switching calendar and contacts sync interval to "manual" until things smooth out. Yahoo is offering tools to help. Go get BB app called "Contact X", a welcome friend. Doc Neutron
    06-12-13 12:09 PM
    Same problem here with Z10 running 10.1.0.4181 and contacts set up to sync via Exchange Active Sync, Facebook and LinkedIn.

EAS contacts disappear repeatedly. Facebook and LinkedIn contacts seem unaffected.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 02:46 PM
    I'm fortunate thus far but it is worrying. Have searched BB site to see if this a known issue but so far nothing.
    08-01-13 02:54 PM
    I have noticed this too lately. Just a contact here and there. Nothing major. Very annoying. I am just using plain Gmail in this case.
    08-01-13 03:02 PM
    There seems to be a bug with EAS accounts which can be solved by disabling Memo sync in the EAS sync settings. See the following thrrad:

First Day Q10/OS10 Issues with Calendar, Contacts, and E-Mail via Exchange

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8627184

They have also found the seemingly related Knowledge Base entry:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33828

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 03:15 PM
    Yes I have had the same problem but only with one or two contacts at a time and fix with a battery pull. On a slightly diff topic I have noticed that new contacts established on linkedin take a few days to arrive on my z10, but always seem to get there eventually.
    08-28-13 09:49 PM
    Syncing contacts with Gmail really messed up my contact list as well.
    I switched to outlook.com for syncing contacts and made a backup through the app contactx and to be sure by intouchapp contacts.

As soon as Gmail isn't in the picture for syncing contacts all goes tell at the moment. Hope Google fixes the glitch

It's my 3rd day now after changing it all, so far so good. Contacts are steady.
    Sorry for cross posting.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 11:55 PM