Is it just me or is anybody else really disappointed with the BlackBerry Z10?

I bought this phone thinking it was going to be really good etc but I thought wrong. I've downloaded the new update for the os and it has just slowed the phone down.

Why is BlackBerry so slow with with updates too? The apps on the phone are really old and hardly work, the phone seems really behind on every other phone out there!
    Batibreaker likes this.
    11-06-13 05:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! The Z 10 is a great phone for me. I'm sorry you feel that way about yours. Which update are you referring to?
    11-06-13 05:41 PM
    Hey, thanks! The 10.2
    11-06-13 05:44 PM
    OS takes time to settle in. Wait a day. Then reboot. Enjoy!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-06-13 05:53 PM
    It's a phone you really need to get used to. I have the 10.2 update and it's made my phone so much quicker at everything, maybe try re-installing the software using BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 05:56 PM
    Go buy an iPhone!

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-06-13 05:58 PM
    10.2 was effing awesome. I really loved it. I can't go back to any other keyboard. And the hub was simply amazing. BlackBerry made the home button seem silly v

Last edited by Undbiter65; 11-06-13 at 06:21 PM.
    thenirvanian and adam_wbu like this.
    11-06-13 05:59 PM
    Give it a few days. Although it is behind the curve due to being a new OS, you really do have a top tier phone. More updates are coming and I think you will feel better about the phone in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 06:18 PM
    Went from a torch to a Z and never looked back. I'm a low level tinkerer and love that I can play with app conversions and connections to my raspberry pi.

It's a new platform though and does take some getting used to; which I am now.

I also moved my wife from a 9900 to a Q and although it's a learning curve for her also, I hear her complain less now 1 month in .

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    stevo1#CB and kbz1960 like this.
    11-06-13 06:21 PM

I bought this phone thinking it was going to be really good etc but I thought wrong. I've downloaded the new update for the os and it has just slowed the phone down.

Why is BlackBerry so slow with with updates too? The apps on the phone are really old and hardly work, the phone seems really behind on every other phone out there!
    I think you're completely mistaken. As for updates, they go through the US carriers who want to test them first to make sure the updates don't screw with their restrictions. Just ask the people on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile (such as me). The rest of the world has the 10.2 update, and we won't get it until after Christmas. As for the apps, I don't find them old at all, as they had were produced to fit the new BB10 OS specifically. It's just "not cool" to make the trendiest apps for Blackberry, even though BB has 60+ million users. My apps work great, and Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin are built into the OS, and are not apps, like on other phones. Just sayin'.

I've used iOS, WP8, BB Legacy, and BB10. My Z10 is the best phone I've used. For example, the keyboard on my Z10 is the best I've used, the WP8 keyboard is second, and the iPhone is third. Actual personal experience. The email and calendar integration is the best, much better than the email integration on iPhone. The text messaging is far better than the iPhone as well. My Z10 doesn't care what OS your phone runs, it just does the texting without any problems.
    booboobooboo likes this.
    11-06-13 07:35 PM
    You must not have the z10 then..lol

Posted via CB10
    CherokeeMarty likes this.
    11-06-13 07:55 PM
    If you were in the market for a new phone why didn't you buy the Z30? The most advanced model blackberry has?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:37 PM
    U sure u have the Z10?

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-06-13 10:13 PM
    U sure u have the Z10?

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    Some1 would have sold him a android phone saying its a blackberry... trolled...
    Lmao....

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:19 PM

nah, not disappointed.. I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. As long as most people realize they'll be sideloading Android apps to get by (and with an unlocked Android runtime) then they'll be fine. I realize that's not an ideal solution for most people, and that is why BB10 is not catching on as much as it might otherwise. The native apps just aren't there.

*i have an Android phone as backup, so it really doesn't matter to me how good my Z10 is, I always have the droid to fall back on if need be.
    11-06-13 10:50 PM
    Actually, not disappointed at all. Went from all iterations of the iPhones till iPhone 5. Got bored and got an HTC One X+ to try Android. Hated it. Traded my One X+ for a Z10 and never used that iPhone 5 again, so traded it for my Q10. Then sold my Z10 bc I loved my Q10 so much but then missed my Z10 so just got my new white Z10 in the mail last night! Like others say, give it some time. You'll love how BB10 is just so intuitive. If the Z30 weren't so big, I would be dying for one of those,too!

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    Last edited by eyecrispy; 11-07-13 at 10:08 AM.
    11-07-13 09:55 AM
    I've gone from iPhone OG, 3G, 4, Galaxy S, SII and even a Note II...i've also had a Windows 7 and Windows 8 phone.....what do I have now? Blackberry Z10....do I want any other phone? YEAH! A Z30!....My Z10 does everything I want it to do....FaceBook, Twitter, WhatsApp, NetFlix, Instagram, Pandora, XM, Plants vs Zombies 2, Stock Market, Shazaam...what more do I need my phone to do? The Z10 is by far the BEST phone I have used...I've had it almost 6 weeks and the ONLY time I have ever had an issue with an app was with an ANDROID one that was side-loaded...NEVER had a 'native' Blackberry app crash/freeze....I had the iPhone kick me out of 'native' things such as settings....the iPod function was SLOW...on the Z10, its quick......I put all my music/photos/videos on my SD card, something you CANNOT do on iPhone...if I have to wipe my phone or install a leak...all I have to do is deal with my apps....much better than depending on iTunes.....
    iBwizzle likes this.
    11-07-13 10:03 AM
    What are you exactly disappointed with? The lack of apps? Because I can help you sideload a ****load.

I am for one extremely satisfied with mine. Batterylife is more than okay and BB10 is just pure awesomeness. I could never go back to my old iPhone or LG phones.. However I recently cracked my Z10 by dropping it. Stupid me! Now the vibration is all ****ed, and the upper right screen cracked. It sucks but I will buy a new one as soon as prices are getting lower.
    11-07-13 10:27 AM
    4 me the Z10 is the perfect partner, I love this device!

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    11-07-13 10:33 AM
    I've had my Z10 for almost a year, maybe less but it feels like a lifetime, it's the worst pone I've ever owned or used and increasingly I'm hearing similar stories from other "business users" not kids or casual punters. Just today I updated to the latest software only to find every Facebook feed I've had - and deleted, sine June 2013 has reappeared on the phone - what an absolute joke - and to delete the you have to highlight each one before you can delete a block, and if by chance you receive another message whilst that block is highlighted, you have to start all over again, unfortunately I'd stuck with it for another 12 months. NEVER EVER BB AGAIN - I'm glad they've gone / going to the wall.
    11-07-13 10:47 AM
    I've had my Z10 for almost a year, maybe less but it feels like a lifetime, it's the worst pone I've ever owned or used and increasingly I'm hearing similar stories from other "business users" not kids or casual punters. Just today I updated to the latest software only to find every Facebook feed I've had - and deleted, sine June 2013 has reappeared on the phone - what an absolute joke - and to delete the you have to highlight each one before you can delete a block, and if by chance you receive another message whilst that block is highlighted, you have to start all over again, unfortunately I'd stuck with it for another 12 months. NEVER EVER BB AGAIN - I'm glad they've gone / going to the wall.
    Umm you can press on delete prior. On the Facebook section of the hub. What happened is that your phone got a new OS and had to resync and reindex everything. Cheers!

leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-07-13 10:58 AM
    As mentioned above it would take the OS to settle after a few days as the OS is indexing every file in the phone and also downloading any email accounts that are set up. Hopefully it changes for you as I truly did love my Z10.
    11-07-13 10:58 AM
    Ugh. I tried to be nice. That last part got to me though. Your whole rant and issue could've been avoided if you just asked. Now you just look silly for complaining about an issue which has such an easy solution. You're happy people are loosing jobs? And only because you weren't smart enough to open the damn owners manual or just ask. I pity you.

Bettina H likes this.
    11-07-13 11:03 AM
    You ever notice the people who starts these threads are usually "new" members, who start a new thread to voice their disappointment, reply maybe once or twice and never come back to the thread.

They need to set up that you can't start new threads unless you've been a member for a certain amount of time.

Posted on a Post-It!
    Carmels and in_loco_nomen like this.
    11-07-13 11:13 AM
    Ok, I'm calling troll.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    vgorous likes this.
    11-07-13 12:08 PM
58 123