I'm suddenly getting a **** of a lot of spam out of nowhere on my once pristine account. With the old email account I had on my 9900 I was able to mitigate the problem by adding lots of filtering rules on the BIS portal, and then sift through it all later on at home with webmail once a day. If anyone at BlackBerry is reading this, can you please put in a filter feature for email so we can include our email accounts in the main hub view without spam drowning out our SMS? Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-25-13 07:10 AM
    I'm suddenly getting a **** of a lot of spam out of nowhere on my once pristine account. With the old email account I had on my 9900 I was able to mitigate the problem by adding lots of filtering rules on the BIS portal, and then sift through it all later on at home with webmail once a day. If anyone at BlackBerry is reading this, can you please put in a filter feature for email so we can include our email accounts in the main hub view without spam drowning out our SMS? Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    Check out HUB++ from BB World. It is one of the few options till BB updates profiles to add filtering back in. The product is still in the early stages, but works and gives you filtering. However, you will have to leave it running to filter. This app has allowed me to move beyond my 9900 to the Z10.
    03-25-13 07:38 AM
    Check out HUB++ from BB World. It is one of the few options till BB updates profiles to add filtering back in. The product is still in the early stages, but works and gives you filtering. However, you will have to leave it running to filter. This app has allowed me to move beyond my 9900 to the Z10.
    Thanks. It'll do for now.

03-25-13 07:40 AM
    Until recently I thought that the email filtering rules of BIS were my biggest issue with moving to QNX. Since I got my Playbook however Ive now moved to the opinion that good mailbox management is far more important. I already did this within my corporate Exchange mailbox, it just took some more work to put the rules into my private email too.
    By filtering the rubbish you aren't actually managing the rubbish as its still there, far better to apply the same rules to personal accounts as I would to business ones.
    03-25-13 07:46 AM
    Until recently I thought that the email filtering rules of BIS were my biggest issue with moving to QNX. Since I got my Playbook however Ive now moved to the opinion that good mailbox management is far more important. I already did this within my corporate Exchange mailbox, it just took some more work to put the rules into my private email too.
    By filtering the rubbish you aren't actually managing the rubbish as its still there, far better to apply the same rules to personal accounts as I would to business ones.
    I agree. But open X change is rubbish and doesn't seem to have decent options for this sort of thing, at least with my provider. I'll be changing provider for this very reason. But at the moment money is tight. I thank you for your input but ultimately, I still believe that this is something BlackBerry should implement.

03-25-13 07:50 AM
    I agree. But open X change is rubbish and doesn't seem to have decent options for this sort of thing, at least with my provider. I'll be changing provider for this very reason. But at the moment money is tight. I thank you for your input but ultimately, I still believe that this is something BlackBerry should implement.

The real issue is crappy junkmail filtering at your provider, which it seems you acknowledge. Doing a good job of spam blocking entails far more than simple static rule-based filtering. MUCH more.

If you have control over your own domain's DNS (and thus MX records), I would recommend a service like SpamHero, which will do the junk filtering for you, and then forward the rest on to your regular server.

If the $5/mo is too much, you can just try making rules in Hub++, but really what you want is to prevent having to download all that junk to the mobile device in the first place, since you're using up battery power and part of your data allowance downloading a bunch of unwanted nonsense.
    03-31-13 12:46 PM