- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Different BB10 OS version - Differemt hardware - Network Problem
Hello, I bought a Z10 from O2 UK and get the unlock code from O2. I visit Cyprus and my Z10 worked fine with my home network! In my visit to Dubai, I bought another Z10 unlocked for about 70 euros less than the one i bought from UK. When I went back to Cyprus the new Z10 (from Dubai) was not working on my home network! I noticed that the os on the UK on is 10.0.9.348 and on the one from Dubai is 10.0.9.2372. I don't know the differences between the two OS, but the Z10 from Dubai is working fine in UK! I also notice another difference(hardware) on the back of the phone! While the UK Z10 is like this:
the one from the Dubai is like this:
You can see that the sim tray is at the other end, near by the micro sd tray which has a rubber to hold the memory card!
Any ideas if there is a real difference between the two OS's, and this is maybe the reason for the second Z10 not supporting my home network, and if is possible to load the other OS???
- CrackBerry User
02-17-2013, 05:46 PM #3
- 42 Posts
It's strange, because both version should support GSM standard.
Btw the first one (the UK model) should be STL100-2, and the second one is definitely STL100-1.
If you Google search the two model numbers, you can find some additional information about supported frequencies in the official BlackBerry documents.
Posted via CB10
- By zachthemaster in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 12Last Post: 08-09-2009, 05:09 PM
- By kackburt in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 10Last Post: 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
- By Brandon32 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
- By wnofearw in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
- By John Yester in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 16Last Post: 10-30-2008, 05:47 PM