So recently I was trying to take off my Z10's case and at some point I thought I heard the sound of the camera like when you take a picture. But the screen was still on the "home" screen and I thought that was weird. I proceeded to the media folder. Lo and behold, to my surprise, was a snapshot of my home screen in my picture folder. I somehow could not figure out what I did that triggered the event, until tonight (about 2 weeks after).
    It turns out that depressing both volume buttons on the side of the Z10 simultaneously is all it takes. Pretty cool really. I can imagine several useful applications for this discovery.

Posted via CB10
    neilwhite likes this.
    08-23-13 10:43 PM
    screenshots come in handy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    08-23-13 10:44 PM
    Shhhh! Let's not tell these people
    BlackBerry screen shot thread

Welcome aboard, some of your best discoveries will be by accident
    08-23-13 10:49 PM
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:51 PM
    Awesome Its nice to be reminded that we cannot take for granted that everyone knows about all the little features that their devices have
    KermEd and devin266 like this.
    08-23-13 11:02 PM
    I didn't know that the PlayBook could take screen shots until I bought the Z10 ;p

I did over a month of research through CB forums before making the switch back to BlackBerry in March.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:10 PM
    I didn't know that the PlayBook could take screen shots until I bought the Z10 ;p

I did over a month of research through CB forums before making the switch back to BlackBerry in March.

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook can take screenshots? Imma go test that one out asap!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:42 PM
    The PlayBook can take screenshots? Imma go test that one out asap!

Posted via CB10
    Yah I didn't know it until I said what the heck I'll try holding both volume buttons like the Z10 and see what happens lol

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    08-23-13 11:46 PM
    You'll be surprised how many users don't know that. DJ recently posted a tweet about this "screenshot" app BlackBerry World - Screenshot App for BB10. IT basically shows you a picture of how to take a screenshot. The amusing part, is that in the comments, people seem to think that it is an app that allows people to take screenshot. And it is a featured app in BB World. How it got featured? Another mystery about BB World. Lol.

Perhaps, it's that on BBOS, we have to install a third party app in order to do screenshots, so people assume the same for BB10. To be fair, I know people who have been using Android and iOS devices for years, but still don't know how to do a screenshot on their phone.
    08-23-13 11:55 PM
    You'll be surprised how many users don't know that. DJ recently posted a tweet about this "screenshot" app BlackBerry World - Screenshot App for BB10. IT basically shows you a picture of how to take a screenshot. The amusing part, is that in the comments, people seem to think that it is an app that allows people to take screenshot. And it is a featured app in BB World. How it got featured? Another mystery about BB World. Lol.

Perhaps, it's that on BBOS, we have to install a third party app in order to do screenshots, so people assume the same for BB10. To be fair, I know people who have been using Android and iOS devices for years, but still don't know how to do a screenshot on their phone.
    Sometimes the simplest task can be mind boggling

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:21 AM
    Yeah, a lot of people don't know that their phones can take screen-shots. BlackBerry needs to teach people how to do this on their Facebook page or on the initial set-up of the phone. This is a feature that appeals to a large audience.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-24-13 12:50 AM
    I used to do it on my 9650 with screen muncher. Enjoy
    08-24-13 01:43 AM
    So recently I was trying to take off my Z10's case and at some point I thought I heard the sound of the camera like when you take a picture. But the screen was still on the "home" screen and I thought that was weird. I proceeded to the media folder. Lo and behold, to my surprise, was a snapshot of my home screen in my picture folder. I somehow could not figure out what I did that triggered the event, until tonight (about 2 weeks after).
    It turns out that depressing both volume buttons on the side of the Z10 simultaneously is all it takes. Pretty cool really. I can imagine several useful applications for this discovery.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Yes I did. I used it to show people with legacy devices what the BB10 could do through BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:08 AM
    These posts always remind me of one thing. Read your user manual. I always laugh when I see apps to do things that are already built into the OS. Screen capture; built in. Calculator; built in. Metric/imperial conversion; built in. Screen capture is simply an OS feature that I use all the time. Smartphones, like no other devices previously, have thousands of features and capabilities and get to know them is half the fun.
    der_mit likes this.
    08-24-13 05:54 AM
    Yep. Here is a screen shot from my Z10 showing it running Microsoft Internet Explorer with BlackBerry.com open. Thanks Citrix.

Attachment 195414
    08-24-13 08:22 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-24-13 08:42 AM
    I take screen shots religiously ever since my 9530, 9850, and now my Z10.

I wish I can silence it tho bc I will take screen shots and people think I'm taking pics.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:56 AM
    I take screen shots religiously ever since my 9530, 9850, and now my Z10.

I wish I can silence it tho bc I will take screen shots and people think I'm taking pics.

Posted via CB10
    In the 10.2 OS, it will be silent when your phone is in silent mode & this goes for the camera as well

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:18 AM