I have had my Z10 since day one release day last year on Rogers. I have the updated official OS. No Android sideloads. This morning, I got a BBM, had a whole conversation like normal, then suddenly the screen froze. Very odd its never done that before. Did a battery pull out. Rebooted. No problem. Had another BBM conversation and again this time, froze. Did a battery pull out and now my Z10 won't boot up anymore. There is no light. Just no activity whatsoever. I have a big meeting this afternoon and desperately need it, and now it won't boot up at all. Anyone else experience this? After the first freeze I was planning to reload OS, but don't have the time right now for that. Needless to say, I'm left without a phone for the day and hopefully reloading the OS may help but I'm not sure if that will even work if there is no activity on the phone whatsoever?

Thoughts? Thanks!
    03-07-14 09:00 AM
    It might be a battery issue, try this:
    Remove the battery.
    Plug in the charger.
    If the phone starts to act like it will have some sort of activity, insert the battery while leaving it hooked up on the charger.
    Advise what it does.
    03-07-14 09:07 AM
    Thank you! Yes, did that and there is red light! No boot up yet though.
    03-07-14 09:08 AM
    First a gratuitous comment, the battery pulls may have made the problem worse. The issue with a battery pull is that the OS doesn't shut down properly, just like pulling the plug out of the wall on a desktop PC. If you need to restart then press and hold the on/off button until the start up logo appears (about 20 secs or so).

Now on to your problem. One thing to try is to plug your Z10 into your pc without the battery in, see if you can start the Z10 and then insert the battery.
    03-07-14 09:09 AM
    I tried just powering off, but it didn't work hence why I did the battery pull out. I plugged in the Z10 without the battery to the wall charger and red light. No boot up. Now the red light is gone and still no boot up.
    03-07-14 09:11 AM
    I have had my Z10 since day one release day last year on Rogers. I have the updated official OS. No Android sideloads. This morning, I got a BBM, had a whole conversation like normal, then suddenly the screen froze. Very odd its never done that before. Did a battery pull out. Rebooted. No problem. Had another BBM conversation and again this time, froze. Did a battery pull out and now my Z10 won't boot up anymore. There is no light. Just no activity whatsoever. I have a big meeting this afternoon and desperately need it, and now it won't boot up at all. Anyone else experience this? After the first freeze I was planning to reload OS, but don't have the time right now for that. Needless to say, I'm left without a phone for the day and hopefully reloading the OS may help but I'm not sure if that will even work if there is no activity on the phone whatsoever?

Thoughts? Thanks!
    The exact same thing happened to me with my Z10 over the summer. I followed the same steps you have and until this day it has yet to turn on. I tried different batteries bringing it to repair stores and resetting it by holding the 'buttons' down and sadly no response. My laptop was unable to recognize that the device was plugged in.

My solution was ultimately buying a new Blackberry after facing the sad realization that my Blackberry probably will never turn on, was to buy a new one.

I do hope yours eventually does return to life.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 09:24 AM
    I had a similar situation before Christmas, at least in terms of the end result. It went to a blue scrreen then rebooted itself about 3 times in succession. Then just died, no response, other than the red led if I plugged it into my laptop without the battery. Could never get it to work. Lucky for me I was still under warranty.
    03-07-14 09:42 AM
    Thank you! Yes, did that and there is red light! No boot up yet though.
    Leave it on charge to see if it will boot, it may take awhile (as in hours) if the battery is still semi functional.

If you can, try another battery, from either a working Z10 or a new replacement battery.

Failing a battery, it may be a heavily corrupt OS. Use an Auto-Loader for your device to restore that, you will loose all settings and apps on the phone, use a backup to restore those.
    OR, it maybe the device is bad. Seek warranty replacement or repair.

EDIT: I see you had answered with some of the info while I was making this post.

I would try the Auto-Loader if it still hasn't booted after a couple more hours and hope for the best.
    Auto-Loader info:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...r/td-p/2466747
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 03-07-14 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Additional info
    03-07-14 10:10 AM
    What about taking out both your micro SD card and sim card? Then power up worth a shot

My amazing BB Z10 - OS 2141 also on my Z30 backed up with my 32g PlayBook in the wings
    03-07-14 10:28 AM
    Hey, speaking of warranty, How do you make a claim when you are still under warranty? Is it through your carrier or through Blackberry? I bought a Blackberry Q10 Brand new from a seller on Ebay and I have used it since Christmas. The touch screen has randomly stopped working (Screen is Intact, it didn't even drop or anything). Am i covered by warranty and who do I make a claim through? My carrier is EE UK.

I had a similar situation before Christmas, at least in terms of the end result. It went to a blue scrreen then rebooted itself about 3 times in succession. Then just died, no response, other than the red led if I plugged it into my laptop without the battery. Could never get it to work. Lucky for me I was still under warranty.
    03-10-14 05:13 PM
    Hey, speaking of warranty, How do you make a claim when you are still under warranty? Is it through your carrier or through Blackberry? I bought a Blackberry Q10 Brand new from a seller on Ebay and I have used it since Christmas. The touch screen has randomly stopped working (Screen is Intact, it didn't even drop or anything). Am i covered by warranty and who do I make a claim through? My carrier is EE UK.
    try your carrier. not bb. hopefuuly you are covered but warranty is to original purchaser
    Nemzy likes this.
    03-10-14 11:38 PM