Hello all together,
    i want to control some device property based on contexts (application, time, date, location)
    For example: If i was in reach of a special wifi access point, i want to switch of the phone transmitter.
    Does anyone know an app for that or other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Donquixote
    08-06-13 03:29 PM
    You need some NFC tags and that should get you going! Also an app like tasker would be good. I dont think the android port works though
    08-06-13 03:35 PM
    I dont know how to use NFC tags, can you explain what you mean?
    Thank you
    08-07-13 02:00 PM
    NFC tags are something you can buy and program. Here is an example. Say you enter your house and you want to turn wifi on. You would place this tag in your house near the door. When you got home you would tap your phone to this NFC tag and it would tell your phone to turn on wifi. I don't think these would work for everything you want to do but it would work for a few things.

Z10 & CB10....Now we're cooking with peanut oil.
    08-07-13 02:12 PM
    Hello all together,
    i want to control some device property based on contexts (application, time, date, location)
    For example: If i was in reach of a special wifi access point, i want to switch of the phone transmitter.
    Does anyone know an app for that or other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Donquixote
    This sounds very similar to something I included in a post in another thread.

A couple of years back, Nokia released (for betalabs / beta testing, originally) an app called Nokia Situations. It augmented the already reasonable implementation that the then Nokia OS (in my instance, this was on a Nokia N8) could use scheduling to switch between various profiles. What Nokia Situations allowed you to do, was customise the trigger points for switching or using profiles - could be gps position, WiFi network availability - in fact several factors that could be used to alter the profile in use.

I'd love something like that for BB10 / on the Z10, but even the native schedule based system you could use on the Nokia N8 is well beyond what's possible with a stock Z10.
    08-07-13 02:49 PM