I was the first one through the door at my local Verizon store this morning when they opened. I was VERY happy to be greated by a Blackberry Rep who was set up at a table right by the front door, even before a VZ rep! There were give away pens, posters brocheurs, etc. After the horror story that has been the ATT launch, I'm thinking maybe verizon will get this right. He proceeded to show me his company z10 and let me play with it before I went off to see the floor models, of which there were two, one black and one white right in the front of the store. Again, much better then other carriers placement. When I told the VZ rep i wanted to buy a new z10, he was thrilled. He went to the back, brought me that beautiful black box, along with an entire crate of accessories to pick through. Then my morning changed. As i'm about to open my beautiful new phone, I was informed that I am 4 weeks short of my upgrade date. After much pleading, he said there was no way to help me so I left with a BBRY pen, but no phone. Back home and immediately on the phone with customer service to fix my day. After 10 minutes they couldn't help either. He actually told me that the contract with BBRY prohibits them from offering extra early upgrades! how does this make sense?? I would think the BBRY would encourage anything they can which will get this phone in as many hands as possible. After all this, I guess it'll be another 4 weeks of waiting (not so) patiently. Thanks for letting me vent. To all of you who were luckier then I was today, enjoy........
    ErinnM and cman5 like this.
    03-28-13 10:33 AM
    After much pleading, he said there was no way to help me so I left with a BBRY pen, but no phone
    Not laughing at you, but this line made me chuckle (I guess its the way it was written in) .....hope the 4 weeks zips by for you
    03-28-13 10:36 AM
    That sucks truly and i feel for you that you couldnt get hold of a Z10 but keep at Verizon and maybe they will let you upgrade early...fingers crossed you get one soon.
    03-28-13 10:37 AM
    Say you want an iphone and then last minute change it to a Z10? Would that work to bypass the system?
    03-28-13 10:37 AM
    They let ppl upgrade earlier than that so you should go to another store.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:38 AM
    4 weeks isn't a long time. You would have that Z10 in your hands soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 10:39 AM
    I called VZW this morning and got them to move my upgrade date. It was supposed to be April 17th and they moved it and sold me the Z10 this morning at the upgrade price. I would try again!
    Blondie_leves and pandapurple like this.
    03-28-13 10:42 AM
    look on the bright side.. in 4 weeks, you may have to choose between 4 devices. 2 Z10s, blk/wht, and 2 Q10s, blk/wht.
    03-28-13 10:44 AM
    He actually told me that the contract with BBRY prohibits them from offering extra early upgrades!........
    You have my sympathies. But why would BBRY insist on a clause that PREVENTS buyers from upgrading? You would think it would be just the opposite.
    03-28-13 10:45 AM
    A month is a month and if you give away one month is like 4-5% of your profit. If everyone does it that way you can see that will cost a company big time. You have to think big. Hope a month goes quick
    21stNow likes this.
    03-28-13 10:46 AM
    Many of the carriers are clamping down on the early upgrade thing. It used to be someone in the store had the power but not anymore.

May your 4 weeks go by quickly!
    03-28-13 10:48 AM
    ErinnM posted a story a few days ago about her brother who just kept asking on the phone until he won and got an early upgrade (though I think that was AT&T). Just be polite, maybe cry a bit, tell your very sad pen story, and keep asking for the next higher-up person. Let us know how it works out!
    Oh, and do you find you can write faster with the new BB10 pen?

Ah, there it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8203146
    Last edited by jrlong; 03-28-13 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Add link to referenced post
    ErinnM and R Field like this.
    03-28-13 10:50 AM
    You have my sympathies. But why would BBRY insist on a clause that PREVENTS buyers from upgrading? You would think it would be just the opposite.
    It's not in Blackberry's best interest to have such a policy in place. For Verizon, however, it's a different story. You don't believe everything that the reps tell you (the original poster), do you? They're probably trying to save face by laying the blame on a third party outside their control so you won't be upset with them directly.
    03-28-13 10:50 AM
    My upgrade isn't available till April 15th and was told the same thing. The contract is actually 4 months longer, so they are giving us a grace period. LOL! I'm going to give them a call this morning and see what I can do!
    03-28-13 10:58 AM
    It's Verizon issue not BlackBerry. Keep calling and complaining. My friend called customer service about 8-10 ten times. They finally caved... Good luck!!
    03-28-13 11:00 AM
    I don’t know how it works in the US, but I know in Canada, we can usually push our carriers to give early upgrades as long as you talk to the right people and say the right things. Now, this might be because they have us on ABSURD three year contracts, so a little after two years they know people will start calling in and demanding upgrades, but generally anytime they have said no to me I have always still managed to get a new phone. Rule of thumb is the guys in the store can’t do anything (must follow the process!) but the ones on the phone can transfer you to people who can authorize it. Anyway, you should try it. 1 month isn’t a long time. Surprised they wouldn’t just eat the 1 month extra subsidy to keep you as a customer. Tell them if you don’t get the phone now you will consider switching to carrier x at the end of that month.
    03-28-13 11:05 AM
    I did call multiple times during the pre-order and was denied. This morning it worked!
    03-28-13 11:05 AM
    This is NOT a BB thing this is a carrier decision. Ask to speak to the "Customer Retention" dept at VZW...it is a CRAZY business decision to not move you into another term extension 4 weeks early...otherwise tell them come April they have lost you as a customer to TMO or ATT. Makes no sense.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    03-28-13 11:10 AM
    Just keep saying I want an early upgrade....seemed to work for someone else....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-story-787698/
    03-28-13 11:12 AM
    Just tell them you're going to switch to T-Mobile and he it there if they can't let you upgrade now and that you'll cancel your plan when your contract is over in a month. That might get their attention

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    03-28-13 11:13 AM
    At least, it's only a month. My doesn't expire until the December, and ATT only offers early upgrade if you switch to iphone. At least, that's what customer service representative told me anyway.
    03-28-13 11:14 AM
    This is NOT a BB thing this is a carrier decision. Ask to speak to the "Customer Retention" dept at VZW...it is a CRAZY business decision to not move you into another term extension 4 weeks early...otherwise tell them come April they have lost you as a customer to TMO or ATT. Makes no sense.
    The OP's contract probably doesn't end until August. If I remember correctly, Verizon Wireless allows upgrades at 20 months into a 24 month contract. If the OP left in April, he/she would still owe an ETF.
    millerliteboy and bp3dots like this.
    03-28-13 11:17 AM
    hahahahaha!!!! im sorry to laugh, cause im n sorta the same predicament....lol only thing i knew i couldnt up grade till the 11th of april... it sucks but i hav to wait!!!all my friends hav their z10 phones ,all i hav is the cases i brought before the phone(is tht weird or wat!!!)..so i share ur pain bro!!!!
    03-28-13 12:12 PM
    Might put you in the right time frame for the Q10 if that's your thing.

But yeah as others have said, call customer retention. They will hook you up ASAP

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:20 PM
    Turns out I got them to change my upgrade. Talk to tech support and tell them your problems with the current one. Suggest sending a new one out for a refurb is ridiculous! They can change the upgrade date. Mine was switched to todays date. Yay!!!
    03-28-13 12:24 PM
37 12