I did a search in the forums and found a couple mentions of this issue but there did not seem to be any resolution so I wanted to post to see if I can get some feedback.

I recently deleted a gmail account by deleting in the "Account Settings" but then noticed the email account still shows up in the Hub. If I try to open a message, it gives an error message "Could not display this message". I have tried resetting the Hub, rebooting my Z10 as well as pulling the battery but the email account stays there. In the Hub settings, I have turned off displaying this account under Hub Management so it is mostly just an annoyance but I do wish it would go away like I intended when I deleted it. I would rather not go through the hassle of wiping my Z10 and starting over but it looks like someone with a similar issue had tried that approach and even that did not work.

I am running a Z10 on T-Mobile with the latest 10.1MR update, software release 10.1.0.4200 and OS version 10.1.0.4780.

I did see someone with the same issue post one day the account just disappeared but it has been a couple of days and that has not happened for me yet.

Many thanks in advance for any insight!
    09-26-13 09:34 AM
    I had a message that wouldn't leave the hub. I had to delete the account and re-add for it to go away.
    You said you deleted the account. Can you try re-adding it? Not sure if this would work, but seems like worth a try before having to format and loading the OS again.
    09-26-13 09:48 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I may try it, although I worry I may end up with the deleted account duplicated!!!
    09-26-13 10:13 AM
    This happened with my Hotmail account. It stopped syncing so I deleted it.

The "proper" way of deleting is, right after you delete the account, don't go back to the hub. Once you accept delete account, you have to pull battery right after it's done deleting.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:35 AM
    I had not heard that before but I have deleted accounts previously without any issues. Maybe it took a second or two for the account to disappear from the Hub. Not that I go about adding and deleting accounts from the Hub very often but this is the first time this has happened when a deleted account does not go away.

This happened with my Hotmail account. It stopped syncing so I deleted it.

The "proper" way of deleting is, right after you delete the account, don't go back to the hub. Once you accept delete account, you have to pull battery right after it's done deleting.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:39 AM
    I had not heard that before but I have deleted accounts previously without any issues. Maybe it took a second or two for the account to disappear from the Hub. Not that I go about adding and deleting accounts from the Hub very often but this is the first time this has happened when a deleted account does not go away.
    someone else suggested for me to do that, that's why. I couldn't get rid of the dead account, but it prevented me from making a duplicate.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:21 PM
    Well I re-added the account, waited a while for everything to settle and then deleted it but no such luck. The new account was deleted and does not show up in the Hub but the previous one is still there. Oh well, was worth a shot...
    09-26-13 07:37 PM
    You need to do a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:39 PM
    I have rebooted, several times in fact (see my original post).

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:36 PM
    I have rebooted, several times in fact (see my original post).

Posted via CB10
    Not a restart but a hard reset. Hold down the power button till the phone shuts off and then powers back up.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    09-26-13 08:44 PM
    Performed several hard resets too. Deleted account is still in the Hub.....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:22 PM
    Any solution? I'm having the same problem with a yahoo account.
    10-22-13 11:16 PM