Can someone clarify the difference between these options?
    Searched online but wasn't able to find anything . Thx!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:33 AM
    Delete from hub removes it from the phone, but leaves a copy on your mailserver.

Delete from hub & server deletes from both.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:35 AM
    Like the old BlackBerry, you can choose to ONLY delete X item from the Hub, i.e. the device or from both the device an online (in your account)...
    01-29-14 02:36 AM
    When deleting an email and presented with the option to delete from device or device/server, there is a checkbox to set the which option you prefer for future deletions.

Does anyone know if checking this box will use the selected option for all email accounts, or only for the account that that is specific to the email that is being deleted at that time? In other words, can you have a different default delete option for every email account on the device?

Thanks
    01-29-14 04:24 PM

Does anyone know if checking this box will use the selected option for all email accounts?
    I believe it's for all, guess how I found out? Does anyone know if there a way to reset that Apply-to-all option in email delete??

Please help thanks.

Posted via ZB10
    01-29-14 04:28 PM
    Open your mail account click more in bottom right, settings , display and actions, then scroll to email messages , delete and you can toggle between prompt, Hub,hub and server....i leave mine on prompt
    Delete from hub vs hub and server-img_20140129_175540.png

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    aming63 and voiceover like this.
    01-29-14 04:56 PM
    Thanks. That works!

Posted via ZB10
    01-29-14 05:08 PM
    I am doing backflips over getting the option back in 10.2.1 to delete emails on the phone only! The feel of "classic" Blackberry is back and I am confident once again that I have the best smartphone and OS for email management. Also love that the Hub now lets me color code my accounts for quick identification.
    007Storm likes this.
    01-29-14 06:34 PM
    I am doing backflips over getting the option back in 10.2.1 to delete emails on the phone only! The feel of "classic" Blackberry is back and I am confident once again that I have the best smartphone and OS for email management. Also love that the Hub now lets me color code my accounts for quick identification.
    Yes, I too love this is back

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    01-29-14 08:04 PM
    I tried deleting from server and guess what... it does not seem to delete my Gmail messages from the server even if I commanded it to.

I log into my Gmail account and see the messages there still
    01-29-14 09:21 PM
    Well, I have noticed that if I select to delete without opening and being in an email, I do not get that server or Hub option; it just deletes and I think that is in the Hub only.

If I am in the email and select delete then I get that choice of either deleting from Hub and/or sever.

It's a flaw.

Posted via ZB10
    01-30-14 04:58 PM
    I use Gmail as well, and it doesn't work for me either.
    01-31-14 10:33 AM
    Now another seemingly useless feature. Sad.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    01-31-14 03:06 PM
    Well, I have noticed that if I select to delete without opening and being in an email, I do not get that server or Hub option; it just deletes and I think that is in the Hub only.

If I am in the email and select delete then I get that choice of either deleting from Hub and/or sever.

It's a flaw.

Posted via ZB10
    That's not the case with my Q10 without opening the email and clicking delete I still get the option to deleted fro Hub/Server.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:35 PM
    Hi
    Forgive me I have only had my phone for a couple of weeks!
    My phone seems to have stopped giving me the option to delete from hub or hub and server so I tried to follow you instruction but Im stuggling to find the part where you say 'Open your mail account click more in bottom right' Please could you send ma an idiots guid as to how to find it? I want to do backflips!!
    03-14-14 07:41 AM
    I tried deleting from server and guess what... it does not seem to delete my Gmail messages from the server even if I commanded it to.

Yeah how long does it take anyway? It doesn't seem to work for me anyway, with any email account. I always have to delete the junk emails on my BB and then again on my PC!
    03-14-14 06:57 PM

I have GMAIL and I have the delete from server enabled in the Hub, when I delete them from the Hub, they are deleted from my inbox on the server and places them into the trash label like it's supposed to, seems to be working fine for me.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2156) on T Mobile USA
    03-14-14 07:22 PM
    Anyone figured out how to delete messages from server? I tried to delete e-mail account, restart phone and add e-mail account again and it doesn't work.
    06-23-14 03:41 AM
    I also have the issue of emails not deleting from the server even though I choose that option. They get deleted from the Hub but not the server. Happens on three different accounts, Yahoo, Gmail and the one provided by my ISP.
    07-26-14 08:58 AM
    If you guys want, have a look at my app Posta for Gmail, which don't have these problems.

Follow my BBM channel
    07-26-14 10:05 AM
    Check your GMAIL or other mail server settings. You need to have it setup with IMAP on your device for two way transmission. POP only pulls from the server. It won't make changes the other direction. It is a push protocol only. Basically the device will just receive so no matter what setting you use it will not delete from the server. Set your options on the GMAIL or other ISP account to IMAP enabled. Then on your device, you will need to recreate your email account. Delete the old and add it back again. Create it as an IMAP account. That will allow two way communication (Server to Device AND Device to Server).

Hope that helps!!!

No need to thank me... It is my JOB!
    01-16-15 02:39 PM