Is there any way to permanently delete the apps that get forced on you by your carrier? They're taking up space, albeit very little, and I'd like to get rid of them without being notified that have a firmware update pending. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:30 PM
    What's your carrier? I have verizon and was able to delete their apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:32 PM
    That's a bit excessive isn't it? Just put them in a folder off by themselves and forget about them.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:41 PM
    Yes you can delete them, you can do it with the playbook sideload extension for chrome, google that if you want.

If you DO decide to delete them, however, your phone will keep telling you to update your software, which will just redownload the apps you deleted. If you don't mind that notification popping up every now and again, then have at it.
    04-06-13 11:53 PM
    Might wanna actually read my post. I asked if there's a way to get rid of them without ever getting that notification again. I know how to delete apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:21 AM
    I was wondering the same if there is anyway you to do delete and not get it back in a update

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:27 AM
    The Short answer is NO
    04-07-13 02:36 AM
    The long answer is your comment was douchy to someone trying to help you, so now you get nothing.

Posted via CB10
    moses2908 likes this.
    04-07-13 08:56 AM
    The long answer is your comment was douchy to someone trying to help you, so now you get nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to tell you
    You didn't answer his questions at all he knows how to delete an app there is no need to use Google Chrome for that
    His question was if there is anyway to delete it and it should not come back as an update and that's my question as well

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:11 PM
    Is there any way to permanently delete the apps that get forced on you by your carrier? They're taking up space, albeit very little, and I'd like to get rid of them without being notified that have a firmware update pending. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via CB10
    Some carriers like mine (Rogers.com) would force the app to be reinstalled on my older BlackBerry 9810 after a delete or OS reload. Haven't tried on my Z10 as those apps have some functionality that I like, such as blocking text messages from spammers.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-07-13 01:18 PM
    Alas, no. Not even from the inside is there a way for a carrier to stop crapware pushes. At least, not yet.

I'll do some research, but it could be argued that crapware pushes compromise the security of your equipment and the data stored within it. Brute-force hacking?
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    04-07-13 01:22 PM
    Sorry to tell you
    You didn't answer his questions at all he knows how to delete an app there is no need to use Google Chrome for that
    His question was if there is anyway to delete it and it should not come back as an update and that's my question as well

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:20 PM
    Alas, no. Not even from the inside is there a way for a carrier to stop crapware pushes. At least, not yet.

I'll do some research, but it could be argued that crapware pushes compromise the security of your equipment and the data stored within it. Brute-force hacking?
    I've put them into a folder and off to the side but I don't feel I should be forced to install apps that I'll never use. I like the Rogers app to make payments and check my data usage but I don't care for apps like Sportsnet and Anywhere Live etc. Thanks for the responses, folks. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll try complaining to Rogers themselves. I paid for the device and I pay for the service. It should be my choice what I put on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:23 PM
    I've put them into a folder and off to the side but I don't feel I should be forced to install apps that I'll never use. I like the Rogers app to make payments and check my data usage but I don't care for apps like Sportsnet and Anywhere Live etc. Thanks for the responses, folks. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll try complaining to Rogers themselves. I paid for the device and I pay for the service. It should be my choice what I put on it.

Posted via CB10
    I use the My Rogers app in the extreme messaging option to block those pesky text spammers. And the best thing was when I changed phones to the Z10, that app still had my blocked spammers. Gotta love cloud technology

Are you new to Rogers because this is nothing new and happens on all their devices like my family member's android phones. Nothing to do with the Z10.

04-07-13 04:48 PM
    Try posting in the Rogers.com forums about this.

04-07-13 04:52 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:09 PM
    That's a bit excessive isn't it? Just put them in a folder off by themselves and forget about them.

Posted via CB10
    Why keep apps on your device that you don't want?

The first thing I did when I turned my Z10 on was delete all the Verizon bloat and other preloaded garbage I didn't want.
    04-07-13 05:13 PM

The first thing I did when I turned my Z10 on was delete all the Verizon bloat and other preloaded garbage I didn't want.
    And if you check for updates it will tell her there is and it will re download all
    I am on Verizon and I check each day if there is an updated so I can't delete this apps

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:24 PM

There's no reason to keep them, obviously. But there's no reason to get worked up over their presence either. If they were forced to be always running or phoning home on you that would be a cause for concern. But they're not doing anything other than taking up a tiny bit of space, so just ignore them.

Or, if they bother you THAT much, delete them and ignore the update notification.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:44 PM
    I use the My Rogers app in the extreme messaging option to block those pesky text spammers. And the best thing was when I changed phones to the Z10, that app still had my blocked spammers. Gotta love cloud technology

Are you new to Rogers because this is nothing new and happens on all their devices like my family member's android phones. Nothing to do with the Z10.

I've been with them for 4 years. I don't remember any apps being pushed to my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:06 PM
    And if you check for updates it will tell her there is and it will re download all
    I am on Verizon and I check each day if there is an updated so I can't delete this apps

Posted via CB10
    Yea and it is annoying. I check every day as well and just cancel when I see the update is still for 10.0.9.422.

There's no reason to keep them, obviously. But there's no reason to get worked up over their presence either. If they were forced to be always running or phoning home on you that would be a cause for concern. But they're not doing anything other than taking up a tiny bit of space, so just ignore them.

Or, if they bother you THAT much, delete them and ignore the update notification.

Posted via CB10
    I have no need for them to be on my device so I delete them. Just like I did with the bloat on Android, gone.

I do not get the update notification unless I check for updates.
    04-08-13 07:07 AM
    I wouldn't have asked if I knew it would just turn into a pissing contest for who could be the rudest. What happened to this community? I don't remember so many rude and negative comments and topics on the 9900 forums. Everyone was willing to help one another. We have nobody but each other on here to help us figure things out. Stick together, people.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:26 PM