CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Delete all contacts on Z10

Ok, the more and more I use this device, there's little things that are pissing me off. I need to be able to wipe out my entire contacts folder and resync. I used to be able to do that with my older BB's.

Also, if I turn off the FB contacts, I actually don't want to see them in the contacts list. What's the point of turning it off if they're still going to show up?

How can I clear my entire contacts folder and reimport from scratch. I don't feel like wiping the device and setting everything up all over again.
    CrackBerry User

Removing the account from showing in the contacts list, and then removing the account from your phone should do the trick, but no promises here.

My duplicate Gmail contacts just came back, so I'm done messing with my contacts for now

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

i'm having same problem, now at the point that gonna get rid of phone had enough of contacts, very poor blackberry!!!!!!!!!! good luck mate with sorting it!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I guess I am not the only one with the duplicate and some times triple and quadruple contacts.....such a pain in the *** man!!! What exactly is the issue with the contacts management?????
    CrackBerry Addict

Contacts are a huge problem on BB Z10. Doesn't matter what OS vetsion, nothing. And the more linked accounts you have, the worse it is.

To delete all contacts, buy PIM Backup and Restore on BB World for two bucks, make backup, which you may or may not use, then delete all contacts. The backup is a VCF file which can be used to restore contacts to many accounts, like Google. Then one or more of your linked accounts can repopulate your empty account folder. But after a while you'll get duplicates and corruption again, because the OS 10 creates multiple accounts copies and can't keep them straight.

The most important function of a BlackBerry for some people and this is what they can't seem to fix.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by helpmepickawinner View Post
    Ok, the more and more I use this device, there's little things that are pissing me off. I need to be able to wipe out my entire contacts folder and resync. I used to be able to do that with my older BB's.

Also, if I turn off the FB contacts, I actually don't want to see them in the contacts list. What's the point of turning it off if they're still going to show up?

How can I clear my entire contacts folder and reimport from scratch. I don't feel like wiping the device and setting everything up all over again.
    To delete all of your local contacts, go to accounts and hit the overflow/3dot menu button and clear local contacts. It takes a couple minutes to complete.

Are you turning off Facebook contacts from within the contacts app?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by KenV54 View Post
    Contacts are a huge problem on BB Z10. Doesn't matter what OS vetsion, nothing. And the more linked accounts you have, the worse it is.

To delete all contacts, buy PIM Backup and Restore on BB World for two bucks, make backup, which you may or may not use, then delete all contacts. The backup is a VCF file which can be used to restore contacts to many accounts, like Google. Then one or more of your linked accounts can repopulate your empty account folder. But after a while you'll get duplicates and corruption again, because the OS 10 creates multiple accounts copies and can't keep them straight.

The most important function of a BlackBerry for some people and this is what they can't seem to fix.

Posted via CB10
    Does the VCF file store the contact's picture?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by helpmepickawinner View Post

lets go to BB world and find "Contact X" which can help you delete all contacts.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ferazzz View Post
    I guess I am not the only one with the duplicate and some times triple and quadruple contacts.....such a pain in the *** man!!! What exactly is the issue with the contacts management?????
    I certainly hear you (and others) and wish I could take a look at your phone to try and fix (don't know that I could .... but I wish I could).

I started with all contacts on local but sync'd 3 email accounts (gmail, yahoo, and outlook.com) in an effort to test the system myself. I added some contacts to each of the sync'd accounts.

I have done this with my original 10.0 and 2 10.1 leaks ..... now on the full 10.1.0.1762 leak.

I have even tried moving my contacts to full sync and setting up some contacts on each sync'd account.

So far I have not been able to make mine do all this duplicating, triples, etc. I have tried and tried and tried. I just can't make mine do it.

After all of my attempts ...... and all of the others not having this problem, it almost seems that there has to be some specific characteristic of the phone, the OS, or some app or sideloaded app(s) that is causing this to occur.

I know it has to be a pain. Wish I could help further. It does appear to be a somewhat specific issue affecting a small group of users........ well documented within the gmail sync'ing group. I think from all of my reading that the majority of users do not experience this problem.

The real issue seems to be isolating the cause within the group of users with this experience.
    Last edited by duckduke; 05-12-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

what are you guys talking about?

to delete all you contacts including local contacts, go to accounts in settings and delete the appropriate service. if you want to delete local contacts, again in settings>accounts hit the overflow menu on the bottom right and select 'clear local contacts'.

done.