So a friend of mine and I purchased z10s on Friday from at&t, and were pretty stoked.

Unfortunately, my z10's battery was awful. Today I left my room at 2pm, with a fully charged battery. I was listening to music, but other than that there were no other apps open. At 3pm, during a meeting - the phone began overheating in my pocket (I had stopped listening to music long before the mtg started). At 4pm, I was in two texting conversations. When I tried to read the the new messages, the texting screen was completely blank and i couldn't see their messages to me. I tried typing, but nothing happened! Then the screen was distorted.

At 5pm, I had less than a quarter of my battery left. This is normal for this model that I've received. I called my friend to see if he was having the same issues, turns out - his has no problems!! He had woke up at 8am today, and it was 4pm and he had 60% battery life while using the phone more than I had.

I called at&t - i'm getting it exchanged tomorrow for a new one! If anyone is facing these same issues, I would advice exchanging their device within the first 14 days of purchasing it, so you can just exchange it for a new one! It has been unfortunate - but at least I get to experience the new phone purchase thing - twice instead of once
    03-26-13 05:08 PM
    With a battery drain like that it's highly likely that the phone us defective, but from what people are saying on here it could also be the eBay app if you have installed it. I've also seen the BlackBerry travel one have a similar, but less pronounced effect.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:12 PM
    What was your cell signal like? I had this happen to me once, when my z10 was hunting for a signal...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:29 PM
    I have never had the ebay app, and I deleted blackberry travel two days ago.
    Since I've been in the same location the past 3 days, my cell phone signal has been on average 3-4 bars. I haven't been without cell service since I've had the phone
    03-26-13 05:31 PM
    Sadly one of the pitfalls of mass production in our times. A certain percentage of things will be duff from new. Sounds like you got one unfortunately. Hopefully the replacement will be much better. Bear in mind though that the battery (even a good working one) will take a week or so to fully bed in, but you will get a better output from them after a while. Also, as has been pointed out already, some apps & games can drastically shorten battery life to, so always bear this in mind if you suddenly find your battery is not lasting as long as it was before. It may be due to any app or game you load on.

Hope second time lucky with your Z10 produces a better result. : )
    prestonberry likes this.
    03-26-13 05:36 PM