Is there a way of saving the default currency to the � (pound) sign?

I know if I press and hold the $ (dollar) sign I can get to the pound sign but I have keyboard set to English, I have timezone set to London, I am in England...I want the pound sign first please!

Any ideas??
    02-13-13 05:23 AM
    Is there a way of saving the default currency to the � (pound) sign?

I know if I press and hold the $ (dollar) sign I can get to the pound sign but I have keyboard set to English, I have timezone set to London, I am in England...I want the pound sign first please!

Any ideas??
    One of my little gripes too. Hope they sort it. Had a moan about it on my blog too last week.
    02-13-13 05:38 AM
    Cheers Snazy, nice to know I'm not alone
    Snazy likes this.
    02-13-13 06:33 AM
    Don't know if this will help, but on my 9790 I had a problem with the date format which was displaying MM/DD/YYYY, although mine was set to English, I found there was another option for UK English, might be the same on the Z10
    02-13-13 07:12 AM
    Don't know if this will help, but on my 9790 I had a problem with the date format which was displaying MM/DD/YYYY, although mine was set to English, I found there was another option for UK English, might be the same on the Z10
    Yeah I have actually just sorted that out on the girlfriends 9900 ( my old one) which after a fresh install went to US English.

Sadly the Z10 is set to UK already, and the and ? symbols are on the second page of symbols.

I know it's only a tiny thing, but it's one of those things that makes you twitch a little bit when you are told the whole idea with Blackberry is to get things done. 2 swipes instead of 1, shameful lol

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 05:46 PM
    Also posted this on the Blackberry forum and had this reply

'Did you purchase the BlackBerry Z10 in the UK? Also are you using a UK based SIM card? If so, please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather some logs from BlackBerry World to find the root cause'

My reply to this was...

'I did purchase the phone in the UK, from Phones 4 U. I am on pay as you go with Orange (EE).
    They are aware I'm using a Blackberry as I informed them when I brought my 8900 a few years ago and then again when I switched from my previous 8900 to my new Z10.
    As for the SIM card, to be honest, I'm not sure if it is UK based or not but it was supplied by Phones 4 U along with the Z10 (the SIM couldn't be transferred from the 8900 as the Z10 uses a Micro SIM)
    As a result, I was given a new phone number but was able to call Orange (EE) and have them transfer my old number onto the new Micro SIM along with all existing credit.'
    02-14-13 05:18 AM
    Every time I can got a reply from Blackberry help on twitter or blackberry UK they always say please contact your network provider. Which I guess is the official course, but seems frustrating too that you can't seemingly as an individual report an issue.

02-14-13 05:22 AM
    Most frustrating part for me is having previously dealt with my network for a fault, and having them have NO idea how to deal with it. Took a month to resolve.

02-14-13 05:23 AM
    My cousin works at Phones 4 U and has just had a meeting with somebody from Blackberry. He has asked this question and the solution he was given is to swipe down twice in quick succession on the keyboard which brings up more symbols including the � sign. I didn't know that to be fair and whilst this is not really the answer I was looking for and having just tried this, I would say this is quicker than the press and hold method...in fact, trying it again, you don't have to swipe quickly, just twice
    shezalex likes this.
    02-14-13 06:24 AM
    My cousin works at Phones 4 U and has just had a meeting with somebody from Blackberry. He has asked this question and the solution he was given is to swipe down twice in quick succession on the keyboard which brings up more symbols including the � sign. I didn't know that to be fair and whilst this is not really the answer I was looking for and having just tried this, I would say this is quicker than the press and hold method...in fact, trying it again, you don't have to swipe quickly, just twice
    Yeah the swipe down will bring up the symbol options, very handy and once used to it, it comes very naturally.
    Just am shame that the keyboard options are not determined by your region.

Especially as the region setting for the keyboard says it is used to adapt the date format, default currency and number format

02-14-13 06:56 AM
    You're right Snazy, I hadn't spotted that notice underneath the region settings. That makes it all the more disappointing!
    02-14-13 07:08 AM
    You're right Snazy, I hadn't spotted that notice underneath the region settings. That makes it all the more disappointing!
    I would say confusing not disappointing. I'm being optimistic here lol.
    When setting up a 9700/9900/8520/8320 the option was always there to make the currency key the currency of your choice.
    I know it is not a dedicated currency key, but customisation is 'key'

02-14-13 07:26 AM
    The reply this morning over on the Blackberry forum was a pretty much the same...

The currency should be changing since the micro SIM is UK based and your language is set for English UK.

To find the root cause of the issue we are going to need to gather some logs.

Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.
    02-15-13 04:08 AM
    As an interim fix i have gone into my auto correct settings and set $ to automatically correct to �.
    Not ideal but its working for now.
    05-09-13 01:06 PM
    As an interim fix i have gone into my auto correct settings and set $ to automatically correct to �.
    Not ideal but its working for now.
    Genius, but what do you do when you actually need $
    08-17-13 09:57 AM