Ok so I have a stl100-3 z10 that when I purchased it the data was not working. Later I found out that the guy I bought it from had been messing around in the escreen settings and somehow disabled it. After I purchased it he refused to respond and tell me what he did. My question is, is it possible to reset the escreen settings back to factory defaults? or would flashing the whole phone work? I've tired to find examples of what the escreen settings should look like but can't seem to find any. If there are any available I would just go in and change it all myself. I know there is a large amount of pages and they might not even all the be same between two device. Oh and by the way factory resetting the phone does not work, neither does using an autoloader to load new software.
    02-13-15 09:55 AM
    Ok so I have a stl100-3 z10 that when I purchased it the data was not working. Later I found out that the guy I bought it from had been messing around in the escreen settings and somehow disabled it. After I purchased it he refused to respond and tell me what he did. My question is, is it possible to reset the escreen settings back to factory defaults? or would flashing the whole phone work? I've tired to find examples of what the escreen settings should look like but can't seem to find any. If there are any available I would just go in and change it all myself. I know there is a large amount of pages and they might not even all the be same between two device. Oh and by the way factory resetting the phone does not work, neither does using an autoloader to load new software.
    Wow rough situation. Personally i would recommend contacting Blackberry tech support via their twitter or BBM channels.

Blackberry Support BBM Channel: C0001B7B4

Blackberry Knowledge Base BBM Channel: C0005A9AA (this channel has channel chat support available for scheduling a chat)

Blackberry Help Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp

Let us know if any of these outlets are able to help, i personally would be interested to know.

Hope this helps some
    02-13-15 10:55 AM
    I've tried contacting them over the phone a while back but I had to play like $50 for the support for some reason. Maybe those will work i'll be sure to try them out
    02-13-15 10:58 AM
    Data can be disabled by some carriers as well. Again this is probably another case where I could be in over my head, but I do have a spare AT&T factory unlocked STL100-3 that I could peruse the escreen if you need me to. Personally I would take a look at the APN settings screen and see what you can find online for entering the correct normal necessary settings to make it work with your carrier.

Maybe you can dig something up looking at this thread? APN setting on the BB z10 - Page 18 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

JUST SOMETHING TO LOOK AT...
    https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/54930
    Have you checked your APN settings? We had a similar issue on the BBerry support forum with a 100-4 (Verizon) phone that would not connect to a GSM network, though it would to others. If you cannot edit the APN settings, here's how the user in India did it using the "escreen".

first we need to know the APN of the service provider.
    click on browser and type in the address bar as escreen:// and press enter
    Now you will enter the Help Screen where you can find the OS version, PIN and time up details.
    Now type this url in ur computer http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/HelpScreen.html and enter the above details. It will generate a Key.
    Now in the Help screen with your two fingers swipe from the bottom to above direction, it will bring the keypad. NOTE: There will be no cursor. Just type the generated KEY and press enter. It will take you to the engineering screen with various options.
    In this first click on 3GPP Radio, it will go into 3GPP settings.
    in 3GPP settings go to utilities, where you will find PS Attach option and a PRESS button to its right. Press it.
    Come back to the before screen where all the main options were present.
    Now go to General Radio Option, it will take you to General Radio options screen.
    In this go to APN Name and enter the APN name provided by your carrier and click done.

This will fix the issue.
    Another post to glean information from... https://supportforums.blackberry.com...0/td-p/2194047
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 02-13-15 at 02:17 PM.
    02-13-15 12:04 PM
    I have tired calling at&&t and they were clueless. I've also looked up everything I can about the apn. Even found out a nice trick, when the apn is grayed out so you can't select it, swipe the keyboard up and type "apn", you can then change the apn. Honestly if you could go through the escreen that would be amazing! And I bet it would be easier with a bbm screen share if you are ok with that. Just message me if you are or post pictures whenever you would have time. Thank you for the help!
    02-13-15 06:30 PM
    I'll get into the escreen tomorrow a.m. local time. (GMT -5 {EST]) and get back to you. BBM screen share is also a possibility as soon as I read up on how to do it.

I suspect it's safe to assume yours is an AT&T STL100-3 as is mine?

EDIT.
    Changing the APN is easy on my phone, it's the MMS settings I need to change.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-15 06:58 PM
    Derick,

I sent you a PM with my pin.
    02-13-15 07:46 PM
    If Rusty can lead you through all of the various screens and settings that might get you back. Good luck.
    02-13-15 11:47 PM
    I'm trying to understand your problem.... but you said you bought the phone second hand? Is it possible that you purchased a lost or stolen phone that has since been disabled by the carrier?

In Canada, not sure about the States, you can log critical details about your phone into a database and if your phone is ever lost or stolen the carriers can deactivate the phone.

I could be totally off base here.. just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    02-14-15 08:21 AM
    And just as a CAUTION to others - do NOT tamper with escreen values unless you know exactly what you are doing. That final statement is very much correct. Tampering with the escreen values can and does PERMANENTLY alter some aspects of the phone. They canNOT be reversed by Wiping, or reloading the OS or using the SIC method. And if the OP gets back to us if he and Rusty communicate, we may find out if "fixing" values can fix the phone.
    02-14-15 11:04 AM
    The OP and I video chatted earlier on today. He recorded all the escreen's we thought might pertain to the issue he's seeing. Just waiting on the results when he gets a chance to compare settings.
    MobileMadness002 and FF22 like this.
    02-14-15 12:13 PM
    no luck with the escreens, there was one little setting that I found different but it didn't seem to effect it in any way. F2, you mentioned a SIC method, what is that? And since the escreens didn't work I'm still wondering if flashing the device could solve the problem. You said that wiping the OS doesn't work, not sure if doing that and flashing is the same thing. BTW thank you very much Rusty for trying to help, its been the most help I've gotten for this problem so far.
    02-18-15 11:00 AM
    And know i don't think the phone was stollen because I was still able to use my cell service on it. In the Mobile Network settings where it should say 4G- Data/Voice, it says 4g- Voice only
    02-18-15 11:04 AM
    Screen shots...
    Debrick z10-img_20150218_122206.png

Debrick z10-img_20150218_122228.png

Debrick z10-img_20150218_122254.png

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:24 AM
    Are you able to move the data services button, or is it missing and (or) greyed out?

I hate to state the obvious but is data enabled with your carrier?
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 02-18-15 at 11:44 AM.
    02-18-15 11:28 AM
    At the moment I'm not sure where you find the SIC program but it might be in the Leak subforum.

I certainly do NOT know the details of the devices internal processes. But I've read in a few places over the years that some escreen settings canNOT be undone. I'm not sure why and which ones. Maybe BB can help but they are very hard to reach privately. Generally you have to be referred by a carrier. They might charge for support if you can reach them.

You might call your carrier and see if they will pass you on to BB.

Good luck
    02-18-15 12:04 PM
    02-18-15 12:08 PM
    Debrick z10-img_20141114_053408.pngDebrick z10-img_20150220_155316.pngDebrick z10-img_20150220_155832.png The first two are of the z10. As you can see no data. The data is turned on and the apn is set to PHONE which is what I have read is normal for at&t phones. The last one is of my Z30 with the same sim card in it. I have 4G data without a problem, so yes my data is turned on by the carrier. Also the apn is the same for my Z30 so I know it is correct.
    02-20-15 03:03 PM