I think in some case it is the user, and in others, a manufacturing flaw. I have had zero issues with my Z10. It has been fantastic. I love it. I just find it hard to believe the folks that have had the same or similar problems (or even not) with 2, 3, 4, 5+ different Z10's. THAT, in my opinion, needs more investigation before deeming it a manufacturing flaw. There's something in the environment with those folks that are causing those issues, but most likely NOT the manufacturing..
    My replacement phone arrived from BB in a thin plastic wrap (no wonder it came with to a faulty camera), a very shabby wrapping from over 400miles. I think all the STL-001s (ones without LTE) are made for lower capacity markets, with lower quality standards. And even cheaper methods to ship them around.
    I'm not sure, but i've seen a few 001's with these LCD/Camera problems.
    11-08-13 03:37 PM
    Not knowing how BlackBerry Phones are marketed in India, but have you purchased from a BlackBerry store, or from a reseller? Can you go online to a BlackBerry store and order one? If people are going to the same seller and having the same problem, maybe the issue is with the provider selling damaged phones at full price. I don't know what the laws or policies are like, but maybe the problem is the provider, not BlackBerry. Either way, it sounds like this is not a good thing for you.
    I bought mine from a reputed reseller, in another city.
    BB doesn't sell online in India.
    The issue of manufacturing defects isn't isolated to just this one reseller.
    Yes, It is most certainly not a good thing for me
    11-08-13 03:42 PM
    On my 4th z10 from AT&T. Nothing physical though. First had bad software so stuff didn't work. 2nd was blown speaker or so I thought. 3rd was blown speaker but figured out that every time I plugged my phone to the PC it installed the same update over and over which caused software problems. 4th I plugged up and it tried to install the update so I have not plugged back to PC and AT&T is sending me a DROID as a replacement. This also was my first time using BlackBerry and not sure I'll be back. Worst part is I dumped Sprint and unlimited data and paid early termination just to get this device. Very bad experience and not one I will soon forget. Best of luck with your replacement.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 04:01 PM
    Been there done that,.. On my fourth Z10. Verizon Wireless, replaced it for me after certain criteria met. White bright spot, 2 times for blown speaker, first time so hot couldn't touch it (no leaks installed). I hope this one makes it longer then four months! Good Luck pal.
    Just curious...are you guys starting your car with the phone plugged in? Are you using a BlackBerry brand car charger or?

Trusted Member Genius
    11-08-13 04:21 PM
    Just curious...are you guys starting your car with the phone plugged in? Are you using a BlackBerry brand car charger or?

Trusted Member Genius
    Nope, I dont charge it in my car, ever.
    11-08-13 07:44 PM
    Blackberry customer service is so freaking awful. Its a wonder they have ANY customers left let alone the very small user base they have now. Their replacement policy is absolutely pathetic.
    11-08-13 10:15 PM
    Agreed. Find and read my recent posts concerning both Virgin Mobile and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:37 AM
    It's perhaps not the manufacturer, it's the reseller? Don't blame GM for buying a totalled lemon car from a used car dealer, for example. Your "replacement " unit was more than likely another used lemon in a new box, handed down from an owner that abused it. The reseller will keep you on this merry go round until you go away. Yes, it's a mass-produced item, and there will be original manufacturer flaws, but what percentage of those leave the factory after QC? I may be wrong here, so be kind. But did any of you pursue warranty replacement from BlackBerry, or only the resellers? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:12 AM
    It's perhaps not the manufacturer, it's the reseller? Don't blame GM for buying a totalled lemon car from a used car dealer, for example. Your "replacement " unit was more than likely another used lemon in a new box, handed down from an owner that abused it. The reseller will keep you on this merry go round until you go away. Yes, it's a mass-produced item, and there will be original manufacturer flaws, but what percentage of those leave the factory after QC? I may be wrong here, so be kind. But did any of you pursue warranty replacement from BlackBerry, or only the resellers? Just curious

Posted via CB10

For warranty replacement, i went to Redington, the authorised blackberry service centre.
    11-09-13 07:07 AM
    Bottom line, the guy has a crappy Z10. Something should be done to get him a good one. In my case, I have a Q5 sent in for repair, am waiting going on seven weeks, nothing. No loaner, no nothing. Blackberry needs to move their *ss and rectify the problem with what they made.

I'm getting the shafts because I have to wait seven weeks for a new Q5....an even better deal for me......lol.

Posted via my Z10, cause Virgin Mobile and Flextronics are screwing me over.
    11-09-13 09:42 AM
    It's not BlackBerry fault your service provider didn't give you a loaner. That's a poor telecom provider. My telecom has loaners in a case waiting. They have bb10, ios, Samsungs and Nokia and LG. They stock 2-3 of each at each store.

Blame your telecom not BlackBerry. BlackBerry has ZERO control over this.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:10 AM
    My replacement phone arrived from BB in a thin plastic wrap (no wonder it came with to a faulty camera), a very shabby wrapping from over 400miles. I think all the STL-001s (ones without LTE) are made for lower capacity markets, with lower quality standards. And even cheaper methods to ship them around.
    I'm not sure, but i've seen a few 001's with these LCD/Camera problems.
    You must have received a refurbed one as a replacement.

STL100-1 is made for some specific markets where LTE is not available. It doesn't mean its made with cheap material. I understand the problem you are facing but you can read here on CB that there are lot of friends who are using this model and they are very happy with its quality.

I suggest, take your case to higher authorities of BBRY India. Write a mail to them and insist on a brand new pack replacement.
    11-09-13 11:45 AM
    It's not BlackBerry fault your service provider didn't give you a loaner. That's a poor telecom provider. My telecom has loaners in a case waiting. They have bb10, ios, Samsungs and Nokia and LG. They stock 2-3 of each at each store.

Blame your telecom not BlackBerry. BlackBerry has ZERO control over this.

Posted via CB10
    No my friend. In India, we don't have contracts so service providers are not involved in selling process. Its a chain like : BBRY-National Distributors-Local Distributors-Retailers-Customers.
    So service / replacements are managed by BBRY only.
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-09-13 11:55 AM
    Once on my third z10 because if same issue blown ear piece. This one didn't even last 2 days. Mean while Verizon and blackberry instead of changing my phone just keeps replacing it. I'm going to have ro cancel contract. Go else where. 29 days into new contract and phone goes dead. They have not supplied me with a working phone so they shouldn't charge me for canceling.

I like thw phone but the ear piece cracks so bad I can't hear the people calling.

Anyone have same issue

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-13 08:51 PM
    After reading mine isn't so bad. Cause they send out a replacement within 3 to 5 days. ..but still ear piece cracks..

Why 15 days...we send old one back once qe get the replacement. I guess in still under warranty and you are dealing qith service center. Well good luck.. if it happens one me tine going to ask for the z10 hopefully the ear piece doesn't blow on that

But they qil try ti charge me in sure. No justice with these providers but they want there high fees. I Thi k i may go back to sprint. Not the greatest but unlimited data

Verizon you guys are terrible they said no know issue plain liars....ive seen it all over Internet. Ita a known issue..of the ear piece being blown.

11-30-13 09:01 PM
    Sorry venting

11-30-13 09:01 PM
41 12