Lately I keep seeing topics about people's Z10 dying out completely for no explainable reasons and it has me a little worried. I don't download leaks but I am pretty sure that won't mean much.

Has anyone identified the major culprits with these dead devices? My Z10 is flawless. No battery issues, no reboots, no weird glitches, etc. I would hate to lose this phone to be honest.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    07-04-13 09:20 AM
    Lately I keep seeing topics about people's Z10 dying out completely for no explainable reasons and it has me a little worried. I don't download leaks but I am pretty sure that won't mean much.

Has anyone identified the major culprits with these dead devices? My Z10 is flawless. No battery issues, no reboots, no weird glitches, etc. I would hate to lose this phone to be honest.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    I wasn't worried in the slightest until my Z10 spontaneously died with no warning or symptoms before hand. It was babied too; I only downloaded apps from BB World, I only used official, carrier sanctioned OS updates and releases, it never saw the inside of my pocket only the inside of a BB holster, it was never dropped or exposed to water, was only ever charged with the charger it came with, and was cleaned with a micro-fibre cloth daily. In the 30 +/- years I've used a protable device, starting in the UK, I've learned these fragile creatures need taking care of. The word back from BlackBerry is the motherboard's fried (obviously) but the carrier has no idea as to why. I can only hope, with this being a known fault by BlackBerry, that a remedy is found soon; the last thing they need is for BB10s dumping their motherboards en masse.
    07-04-13 09:39 AM
    I wasn't worried in the slightest until my Z10 spontaneously died with no warning or symptoms before hand. It was babied too; I only downloaded apps from BB World, I only used official, carrier sanctioned OS updates and releases, it never saw the inside of my pocket only the inside of a BB holster, it was never dropped or exposed to water, was only ever charged with the charger it came with, and was cleaned with a micro-fibre cloth daily. In the 30 +/- years I've used a protable device, starting in the UK, I've learned these fragile creatures need taking care of. The word back from BlackBerry is the motherboard's fried (obviously) but the carrier has no idea as to why. I can only hope, with this being a known fault by BlackBerry, that a remedy is found soon; the last thing they need is for BB10s dumping their motherboards en masse.
    Oh my God. A f*cking device malfunction? That is completely unacceptable. I am a heavy user and according to Battery Guru there are times my battery temp would reach in the excess of 40C. This would also mean my motherboard is constantly at risk to...

Man. I have used my 9700 for 2 years and change with no problems. I suddenly feel that won't be possible with the Z10 now .

07-04-13 09:44 AM
    Oh my God. A f*cking device malfunction? That is completely unacceptable. I am a heavy user and according to Battery Guru there are times my battery temp would reach in the excess of 40C. This would also mean my motherboard is constantly at risk to...

Man. I have used my 9700 for 2 years and change with no problems. I suddenly feel that won't be possible with the Z10 now .

I have no idea what the cause is but I never had any over heating or drainage issues with my Z10, even with 10.0. There were no outward indications anything was wrong. I have no idea how prevalent this issue is, but my carrier swears up and down it's the first one they've seen. Even the couple of people I know at BB Dev Relations have never heard of this being an issue before, not that they're the first on the list to find out. I just wish there was more communication with me from BB about this. My new Z10 is winging its way to me as I type this and I don't need the aggravation of worrying whether it's going to boot up or not.
    07-04-13 12:20 PM
    Any issues with reboots seem to have been concentrated on specific carriers and regions. There is evidence that the most recent updates are successfully addressing the issue for most users.
    07-04-13 01:10 PM
    Any issues with reboots seem to have been concentrated on specific carriers and regions. There is evidence that the most recent updates are successfully addressing the issue for most users.
    No reboots. Watched a movie, picked phone up to check the time and the thing was dead and remained dead no matter what I did and was still dead when I took it back to my carrier a few days later. My carrier reckoned they had never seen anything like it on the new BB10s.
    07-04-13 01:16 PM
    I had the same thing a month ago

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:50 PM
    Just to clarify, I tried the following methods to try to get my phone rebooted:

Hooked it up to my laptop to see if it could read the drive. Needless to say it didn't recognise the Z10 was even attached;

Pressed the on/off button at the top for various lengths of time. Advice gleaned from here suggested 30 seconds. I tried 15, 30 and 60 second presses;

Removed battery and replaced after various intervals, 30, 60 and 120 seconds;

Removed battery, SD and SIM for similar intervals;

Replaced battery (approx 80% pre crash) with fully charged spare.

None of these rudimentary methods managed to coax my Z10 back to life. When i took it to my carrier they tried many of the tests I had already done, also to no avail.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-04-13 02:43 PM
    Do not worry
    07-04-13 02:46 PM
    Just to clarify, I tried the following methods to try to get my phone rebooted:

Hooked it up to my laptop to see if it could read the drive. Needless to say it didn't recognise the Z10 was even attached;

Pressed the on/off button at the top for various lengths of time. Advice gleaned from here suggested 30 seconds. I tried 15, 30 and 60 second presses;

Removed battery and replaced after various intervals, 30, 60 and 120 seconds;

Removed battery, SD and SIM for similar intervals;

Replaced battery (approx 80% pre crash) with fully charged spare.

None of these rudimentary methods managed to coax my Z10 back to life. When i took it to my carrier they tried many of the tests I had already done, also to no avail.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I just hope these are very isolated cases. BlackBerry has enough bad press as it is.

All the same, sorry for your loss. I know I would feel sick not having my Z10 for weeks waiting on a replacement.

07-04-13 02:51 PM