I've noticed several posts lately about the phone dying. This happened to my spouses phone. However, there were many warning signs. The battery life was poor but seemed to get worse. She had occasional screen freezes requiring the 10 second hold on power to reboot, which initially occurred once per week but then over a couple of months progressed to several times per day . From there it was a quick decline and within a day or two she had a dead zed. Just wondering if there is a pattern so people know to start backing up. She lost much (she synched with link often) such as data in apps i.e. password manager etc. Her new phone was different right out of the box. Any patterns or observations to forewarn owners?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:30 AM
    I've noticed several posts lately about the phone dying. This happened to my spouses phone. However, there were many warning signs. The battery life was poor but seemed to get worse. She had occasional screen freezes requiring the 10 second hold on power to reboot, which initially occurred once per week but then over a couple of months progressed to several times per day . From there it was a quick decline and within a day or two she had a dead zed. Just wondering if there is a pattern so people know to start backing up. She lost much (she synched with link often) such as data in apps i.e. password manager etc. Her new phone was different right out of the box. Any patterns or observations to forewarn owners?

Posted via CB10
    Interesting observations, although I never had a issue with my Z, I never even pieced two and two together when it came to why these devices started to die off.
    08-08-13 11:46 AM