Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nyallj
  • 1 Post By wehttam
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Data services does not register on Verizon Z10

Hi all,

Background: I'm in Guyana, South America. We have 2 providers here: GT&T and Digicel. Using GSM 900MHz spectrum.
    I bought 2 Z10s, one AT&T for my wife (which I unlocked via crackberryunlocked) and one Verizon (which is unlocked by default).
    The AT&T Z10 performs flawlessly, with both mine (GT&T) and my wife's (Digicel) SIM chips.
    The Verizon model however, while able to make/receive phone calls/text messages, does not connect to the Internet Data Services of either providers (GT&T and Digicel).
    What is happening is where the indicator appears to tell you what connection you have (4G, WiFi, EDGE), on the AT&T Z10, a 'E' appears, and works fine, but on the Verizon Z10, a 'e' appears, with the 'E' appearing ever so often, but only for a second or so. Apparently indicating attempting to lock in data services, but failing to do so.
    My question is: is this phone a lemon? Or is there some patch or fix that I can use to get this working please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT: Also, if I go into Settings, About, Network, the Mobile network part comes on and goes off every 2 seconds (on for 1 second, off for 2 seconds). This part displays IPv6 data, IPv4 data, and IMS Status 'No'.

Also, I'm able to use BBM over WiFi.

OS 10.1.0.2354

EDIT: I went into both GT&T's and Digicel's offices and their techs indicate that they cannot see any problems from their ends. (Obviously since the SIMs work on the AT&T Z10).

Global Posts
    13,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

The Z10 from Verizon works on totally different radio frequencies for data. It's meant as a CDMA device, plus LTE. It won't do 3G / HSPA / HSPA+.

But, it should work for 2G EDGE service, per the info on the BBRY website. Appears to use the same bands for that.

In Settings\Mobile Connections\Mobile Network, is there a dropdown box under Network Technology? If so, what are the choices? (Please provide a screenshot with dropdown open.)
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    nyallj (06-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Data services does not register on Verizon Z10-img_00000002.png

Posted via CB10
    #IchooseBlackBerry10 #ZedTen #CB10 Channel C00123045
    Elite1 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Okay, set it to 2G, then hit Back to exit/save.

Next, you can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

This is how you CB10, son!
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    nyallj (06-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks. The 2G part didn't help. Is a device reset the same as using Link to reload factory settings? I did that and it didn't help either.

Posted via CB10
    #IchooseBlackBerry10 #ZedTen #CB10 Channel C00123045
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Living in the caribbean ive always been told never to buy a verizon phone because of the radio compatibility issues CDMA etc
    Thanked by:
    nyallj (06-15-2013) 
    doubleup4life likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks. GT&T and Digicel both told me that too. But I can't understand why the data service would go in and out like that. Suspecting a faulty radio, but hoping there was some sort of patch I could have loaded for a fix.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thumbs up YEAAAAHH!!!!

And Solved!!!!! I think I know what I did, but I'm not sure. But I just wanted to give a huge shout of thanks to Kris S. who took some time to look at my problem and point me in what turned out to be the right direction. This is an awesome forum!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

What did you do to fix the problem ?

Thanks,
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    And Solved!!!!! I think I know what I did, but I'm not sure. But I just wanted to give a huge shout of thanks to Kris S. who took some time to look at my problem and point me in what turned out to be the right direction. This is an awesome forum!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    607 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I played around in the escreens, turning on and off radios. Then turned off Auto setting on Data Services, and noticed the phone lost the APN settings when I did that. But when I turned back on Auto in escreens, the phone refused to pick up setting automatically. So I tried manually entering them, and voila!, it worked. At least, that's what I think happened. Not sure, and I am not going in back there to play around anymore!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Help!

I am facing the same problem. Can someone help me please.
    I have a Z10 from Verizon (US). My Z10 is working fine with Airtel (India) sim for text and voice only. No data connection though I have an active data plan. It works fine on wifi.

Badly need your help in this regrds.

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same issue

Please help I am having the very same issue and I need this resolved. ...Do I really need to do a system wipe and would it work. I see people talking about radio - where do I find that. I tried the manual setting - I am in Nigeria - Have MTN but tested on GLo with same issue. Called VZN it is a GSM CDMA GLobal phone already unlocked. Please I need my BBM and internet to function. Almost losing my mind. Thanks.