I've discovered something quite concerning while at work my data connection tends to "drop off". What I mean us ill show a full bars signal, 4g and everything but when I try to open the browser or do anything via data it says jo connection. This on my lunch break after I've been sitting in one place so I don't think it's a lag issue or something like that.

A lot of times while it does show the full 4g service it won't show the BlackBerry logo that used to indicate bis service. I thought that didn't matter as I don't have a bis plan at all now.

I work in a older building in downtown seattle so it's a a big metro Area. I thought maybe it was the building but the z10 is showing service for me. Full bars most of the time!

Any ideas? I usually try to disconnect and reconnect the cellular sevice but it doesn't help nor do reboots help. I'm on the latest version. The only thing maybe is that my z10 is from Canada, an unlocked telus model but I haven't had any issues prior to this.

Either I'm loving it when I do get service. Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:14 AM
    I just left T-Mobile to AT&T mostly because of this very problem. I found when I leave WiFi at work or home, it often won't connect to data services unless I switch on Airplane mode for a few seconds. I am going to watch ATT and see if it has a similar problem.

T-Mobile worked great for me until they turned up LTE in my area (Washington, DC metro area). Then I started having the data drop problem.

I was evaluating T-Mobile with a prepaid account trying to decide between them and ATT. As you can see, I chose ATT.
    04-03-13 08:24 AM
    I wonder is it because of the 1700 to 1900 band to access the LTE but you said that it happens on 4G as well. Is seattle LTE enabled now
    04-03-13 08:39 AM
    I wonder is it because of the 1700 to 1900 band to access the LTE but you said that it happens on 4G as well. Is seattle LTE enabled now
    I had turned off LTE pretty quickly after they turned it up because I rarely got more than one bar. HSPA+ was fine. Pretty much 5 bars everywhere but the data kept dropping. Or, for me, it just wouldn't establish when coming off WiFi. I do have the "wrong" model for T-Mobile. I've got the RFF91LW (AT&T sells the one I have) where T-Mobile sells the 121.
    04-03-13 09:13 AM
    Yea its only 4g at this point. It's not lte. Yet. Sounds like its coming in their next batch of cities.

And I have the same "91" model do its technically not the right model. Maybe I'll live with it until the q10 and get a proper tmobile model then.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:51 AM
    I did get LTE and the performance was excellent. It just didn't work very many places.
    04-03-13 11:38 AM
    So far my Z10 has kept great connectivity, and even a little bit better by a bar or so in certain areas. Even wifi is better than on my SGS3. BUT...I'm also in a strong LTE area (Kansas City metro).

I'd say if you're experiencing pretty bad connectivity, it would be worth stopping by your local T-Mo and see if other people have been having problems as well. They might be able to switch out your phone.
    04-03-13 11:48 AM
    I just left T-Mobile to AT&T mostly because of this very problem. I found when I leave WiFi at work or home, it often won't connect to data services unless I switch on Airplane mode for a few seconds. I am going to watch ATT and see if it has a similar problem.

T-Mobile worked great for me until they turned up LTE in my area (Washington, DC metro area). Then I started having the data drop problem.

I was evaluating T-Mobile with a prepaid account trying to decide between them and ATT. As you can see, I chose ATT.
    hello there, a bit out of topic, but i am interested in your z10 (it's a STL100-3)... i want to know two things if you don't mind:

1.- did you buy it unlocked from factory in internet (amazon etc) or did you buy it with a carrier and then unlock it?
    2.- which model you have of STL100-3? RFK121LW or RFF91LW? if you don't know, please remove the battery and you will it in very small characters... if you have the RFF91LW model, i have read that could be the reason why your z10 wasn't working correctly at t-mobile, apparently the RFK121LW model is better picking up signals

thanks!
    04-03-13 12:05 PM
    hello there, a bit out of topic, but i am interested in your z10 (it's a STL100-3)... i want to know two things if you don't mind:

1.- did you buy it unlocked from factory in internet (amazon etc) or did you buy it with a carrier and then unlock it?
    2.- which model you have of STL100-3? RFK121LW or RFF91LW? if you don't know, please remove the battery and you will it in very small characters... if you have the RFF91LW model, i have read that could be the reason why your z10 wasn't working correctly at t-mobile, apparently the RFK121LW model is better picking up signals

thanks!

I think he kept the z10 and used it on AT&T. In other news flipping the airplane mode on and off many times seems to work. It's just quite annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:11 PM
    I think i found a solution! Basically setting the network speeds to the higher frequencies limits tmobile from jumping around which I think caused the issues.

Check out my screenshot for what I changed my settings to. It's working better now. Either that or tmobile improved their service over the weekend.
    Data dropping on tmobile's usa network-img_00000264.png

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:16 PM
    Return if possible. I had the same issue. They checked the towers in my area and had me do a software reinstall. Now I have a z10 that is only limited by where I go with weaker signals.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:39 PM
    Return if possible. I had the same issue. They checked the towers in my area and had me do a software reinstall. Now I have a z10 that is only limited by where I go with weaker signals.

Posted via CB10
    Well mine is from Canada. From Craigs list. The price of impatience =)

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:53 PM
    Yes. I've had this problem in previous versions prior to 10.1.0.1483.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:11 PM

thanks!
    And where did you read this?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:13 PM
    Yea its only 4g at this point. It's not lte. Yet. Sounds like its coming in their next batch of cities.

And I have the same "91" model do its technically not the right model. Maybe I'll live with it until the q10 and get a proper tmobile model then.

Posted via CB10
    I went to 2 T-Mobile Stores and tested their Z10 with my AT&T unlocked Z10.

On 2 separate occasions, I'm assuming both stores were running the .85 OS while I had the AT&T 822. The first store's Z10 had a slightly higher Internet throughput consistently. The second store had its pants beaten by my Z10.

If you're assuming that the 121 modem is better than the 91 model, it means someone has done a job on you.

The best way is for you to do at least 2 benchmarks--ive used www.geekaphone.com but still think it may have issues with accuracy.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:22 PM