Monday night (2 days ago) I noticed I couldn't use my browser as I had no internet connection. Also BBM and other apps requiring data would not work unless I connected to WIFI.

I am with KOODO in Canada and after speaking with them they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. The tech support guy said it may have something to do with the APN settings but I can't edit them as the fields are greyed out.

Any suggestions.
    05-29-13 12:54 PM
    Did you have the BackBerry dots besides your connection? Next time, take the time to look for that.

In any case, a reboot should fix your issue.
    05-29-13 12:59 PM
    Hmm it must be your APN settings I had a similar problem a few days ago which I eventually resolved by editing my APN settings as instructed by my carrier.

Strange that it is greyed out... try rebooting and taking your SIM out and seeing if you have access to APN settings when your phones comes back on.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:59 PM
    Did you have the BackBerry dots besides your connection? Next time, take the time to look for that.

In any case, a reboot should fix your issue.
    I get the BlackBerry symbol as soon as I connect to WIFI but when WIFI is off all I get is the lower case "h".

Reboot, battery pull, and SIM card pull do nothing.
    05-29-13 01:01 PM
    Stupid question but are your data services on? Settings, network connections, mobile network, data services? I've forgotten to turn them back on after using the remote file manager

Posted via Verizon Z10
    05-29-13 01:05 PM
    Stupid question but are your data services on? Settings, network connections, mobile network, data services? I've forgotten to turn them back on after using the remote file manager

Posted via Verizon Z10
    Yep, everything is on.

I've had 4 BB's now and am usually the one helping other people figure out stuff like this but this is just bizarre. I had used my phone all day no problem and then all of a sudden my data wont work.
    05-29-13 01:12 PM
    Monday night (2 days ago) I noticed I couldn't use my browser as I had no internet connection. Also BBM and other apps requiring data would not work unless I connected to WIFI.

I am with KOODO in Canada and after speaking with them they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. The tech support guy said it may have something to do with the APN settings but I can't edit them as the fields are greyed out.

Any suggestions.
    You can edit the APN fields by following the instructions below. It requires access to the engineering screen. I did it successfully.

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    05-29-13 01:17 PM
    You can edit the APN fields by following the instructions below. It requires access to the engineering screen. I did it successfully.

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    So I got there and found the only field labelled APN but I still cant select anything or input anyhting in a box.
    05-29-13 01:32 PM
    Yep, everything is on.

I've had 4 BB's now and am usually the one helping other people figure out stuff like this but this is just bizarre. I had used my phone all day no problem and then all of a sudden my data wont work.
    It sounds like an issue with how your phone is interacting with your network then. If it was sudden and you changed nothing I feel like there is a good chance that it is a physical hardware problem instead of software. You could always try reloading the OS and not restoring any settings... not ideal but worth a shot before swapping hardware.

Posted via Verizon Z10
    05-29-13 02:00 PM
    Click on the General Radio tab at the left column. Set APN name is on the right. I'm there now and am able to input text. Let us know

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:00 PM
    Return phone for new one. I had same issue. Replacement fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 02:05 PM
    I've had a few instances where LTE didn't hand over the data connection to WiFi and vice-versa. It somehow gets stuck in between and you lose the data connection all together. This same issue has also been discussed in other threads.
    The workaround is to turn on Airplane mode for a few seconds, then turn it back off.

Just curious, what OS version are you on?

We were hoping this is being fixed in 10.1.
    05-29-13 02:23 PM
    Call Koodo and have them work things on their end.
    05-29-13 02:33 PM
    So on the phone with Koodo at the moment with someone who seems competent.

According to him this is a known issue with 10.1 and what they suggest as a workaround until an update is sent out is to factory reset the phone and reload after backing up.

What he says happens is after you update to 10.1 everything works fine, but as soon as you shut down the phone it wipes out the APN settings.

Will give that a go and report back.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-29-13 05:25 PM
    3g,h, e... all indicate you have no data going, just audio.

3G, H+, E on the other hand, show that data is enabled. The BB dots show that BlackBerry services are working.

It's nothing to do with your device, but an issue with your signal/carrier.
    05-29-13 05:42 PM
    Phoned Telus, is an issue since the update. I saw a few solved in with battery pulls. Pull the battery the second time while it is booting up with the multicolor circle. That did not work for me. Mine fixed itself, I do not know for how long but I rebooted while attached to link on my computer ( reboot not battery pul).
    Apparently Telus has escalated this with Blackberry or so they say. The update has been out for a while so you see how long the Verizon reboot problem is taking. So don't hold your breath!
    05-29-13 05:51 PM
    3g,h, e... all indicate you have no data going, just audio.

3G, H+, E on the other hand, show that data is enabled. The BB dots show that BlackBerry services are working.

It's nothing to do with your device, but an issue with your signal/carrier.
    We shall see about that...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:05 PM
    So I fired up BlackBerry Link to backup and restore when I noticed there was a software update for my phone.

It was 10.1.0.273 which technically I had already. Anyways, downloaded and installed the update, phone rebooted and now data works.

Tadaaaaaaa....

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and udojahn like this.
    05-29-13 06:18 PM
    So on the phone with Koodo at the moment with someone who seems competent.

According to him this is a known issue with 10.1 and what they suggest as a workaround until an update is sent out is to factory reset the phone and reload after backing up.

What he says happens is after you update to 10.1 everything works fine, but as soon as you shut down the phone it wipes out the APN settings.

Will give that a go and report back.
    The tech you spoke to has no clue. The APN settings on a locked Koodo phone are hard coded and can't be edited unless through the engineering screen. I reboot daily and am on Koodo (Quebec), with zero issue as you've described. The only issue with Koodo/ Telus / Bell and Virgin is NO HSPA in Quebec and some parts of (south east) Ontario. You get 3g or 4G LTE, but NO H+.

There will be no fix in 10.1, because there is no issue like you have. I'm guessing you have rebooted already. If that's the case, I'd say your SIM card either needs to be changed or your card re-provisioned (OTA) by the carrier. Sounds like you're stuck in a loop with that plan or SIM card is all.

The other possibility is corruption in the phone software, which would mean a reload, test without data and then a data restore. I do not believe it's hardware related.
    05-29-13 07:37 PM
    The tech you spoke to has no clue. The APN settings on a locked Koodo phone are hard coded and can't be edited unless through the engineering screen. I reboot daily and am on Koodo (Quebec), with zero issue as you've described. The only issue with Koodo/ Telus / Bell and Virgin is NO HSPA in Quebec and some parts of (south east) Ontario. You get 3g or 4G LTE, but NO H+.

There will be no fix in 10.1, because there is no issue like you have. I'm guessing you have rebooted already. If that's the case, I'd say your SIM card either needs to be changed or your card re-provisioned (OTA) by the carrier. Sounds like you're stuck in a loop with that plan or SIM card is all.

The other possibility is corruption in the phone software, which would mean a reload, test without data and then a data restore. I do not believe it's hardware related.
    Back in business now.

Something to note though...before when my data wasn't working, if I went to see the APN settings there was no text in any of the boxes. Now that I have installed the small update I see sp.koodo.com in the APN box. Still not sure if Koodo or BlackBerry is to blame.

A different tech guy called me back who actually has a Z10 and referred me to this site. He even told me to just download the latest leaked OS if nothing else worked.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:24 PM
    Back in business now.

A different tech guy called me back who actually has a Z10 and referred me to this site. He even told me to just download the latest leaked OS if nothing else worked.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Even telco support staff trust us more than themselves :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:05 PM
    Alright.. it wasn't the APN settings for me but I went into the 3GPP radio setting and then utility tab, then I tapped the press buttons from bottom to top... seems to fix the problem right away... however.... when you restart the phone it looses the setting and you have to do it all over again... any suggestions would help...

[ QUOTE=jrdba;8565722]Click on the General Radio tab at the left column. Set APN name is on the right. I'm there now and am able to input text. Let us know

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    06-04-13 10:30 PM
    I'm on Koodo and this has been a recurring problem for me since the 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:55 PM
    Alright.. it wasn't the APN settings for me but I went into the 3GPP radio setting and then utility tab, then I tapped the press buttons from bottom to top... seems to fix the problem right away... however.... when you restart the phone it looses the setting and you have to do it all over again... any suggestions would help...

[ QUOTE=jrdba;8565722]Click on the General Radio tab at the left column. Set APN name is on the right. I'm there now and am able to input text. Let us know

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

Yea don't restart your phone hahaha

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:47 PM
    Just getting 10.1.0.2014. I hope this is the real fix.
    06-18-13 04:48 PM