- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Custom ringtone not playing on Blackberry Z10
Just got my BB Z10 and love it!
I have customized my contacts ringtones as I had done on my BB 9900. Different tones for messages and ringer for many of my different contacts. It seems that they aren't playing when I receive a message. The default tone seems to play for every message I get. The customer phone ringer tone does seem to play for each contact when they call me though. Anyone else have this problem?
- CrackBerry User
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM #3
- 17 Posts
I'm also having this issue on my new Z10!! I used several ringtones and after painstakingly going into every contact and setting the Phone and Message tones I come back to them and they have reverted to the default tones! This is so annoying.. I wish they would bring back some semblance of the sound profiles for contacts so that you could simply select the custom tones once and just add contacts to that sound profile
- CrackBerry Genius
02-22-2013, 04:51 PM #5
- 2,465 Posts
What format are they in as Midi and M4a will not play, i only found wave or mp3 will.New Phone: Blackberry Z10, Old Phones: Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4, Iphone 3gs, Unlocked Bold 9000.
New LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1088. Mobile Network is Rogers
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-23-2013, 03:08 AM #8
- 8 Posts
Read this now
This link will explain it to you
KB33707-Custom Messages Notification Tone does not work with SMS messages
- By PsychoVolvo in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
- By designatedd in forum BlackBerry RingtonesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
- By stardust1477 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2009, 02:21 AM
- By Jock191 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 5Last Post: 09-05-2009, 01:42 AM
- By diavolo770 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2008, 08:04 PM