I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist, mostly musical equipment and instruments, some of it rather high-dollar...but I've never seen the level of scammer activity on one of my listings as I saw with my Z10 listing...I was getting a dozen or more emails and/or text messages daily, even a phone call from an English-challenged fellow calling from a Denver area code, stating he was in Florida, and wanting me to ship it to "West Africa". I responded to an email too, where he then told me he wanted me to ship it to his cousin in...you guessed it...West Africa. And these guys were very persistent!! It was quite annoying, though somewhat entertaining at the same time.
    02-25-13 06:37 PM
    I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist, mostly musical equipment and instruments, some of it rather high-dollar...but I've never seen the level of scammer activity on one of my listings as I saw with my Z10 listing...I was getting a dozen or more emails and/or text messages daily, even a phone call from an English-challenged fellow calling from a Denver area code, stating he was in Florida, and wanting me to ship it to "West Africa". I responded to an email too, where he then told me he wanted me to ship it to his cousin in...you guessed it...West Africa. And these guys were very persistent!! It was quite annoying, though somewhat entertaining at the same time.
    I can't remember the details any more, but this west African scam had something to do with depositing funds into Western Union, and the buyer was only acting as a go-between, and they ended up with your banking information as well as the article you were selling, or something like that. So be careful.
    02-25-13 07:09 PM
    They were actually wanting to pay via PayPal, which was surprising...they are slowly evolving
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-25-13 07:22 PM
    The scam is they ask for the email address of your PayPal account and then send you a fake payment notice expecting you to given them a tracking number.

Never ship anything until the money clears PayPal and is deposited in your bank account, usually 2-3 days after the payment.

Tell any potential buyer that you will not ship until payment is cleared.

Personally I find Kijiji-Craigslist is so bad I will only sell locally.
    02-25-13 08:25 PM
    just say it, I'm not shipping anything....buh bye
    02-25-13 08:30 PM
    paypal can often reverse payments weeks later if the said customer fails to have funds in their account when checking out,.. its not a good way to accept money and ship out.

Yes there were many scams like that
    02-25-13 08:39 PM
    Ya I have people try to buy things I sell on kijij like that all the time, some say they will use PayPal and offer $200-$400 over my asking price. Lol
    02-25-13 09:32 PM
    I just ignore them

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 10:20 PM
    I usually call them a few explicit names and then spam the address.
    02-25-13 10:28 PM
    If you do choose to have some fun with a scammer, be sure to share the fun here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=695183
    02-25-13 10:29 PM
    I usually call them a few explicit names and then spam the address.
    hyuk hyuk.....tell the guy you want to buy his tv and he needs to ship it to you in Russia.....
    02-25-13 10:31 PM
    P.S I had a guy from Nigeria try to get me to ship a guitar I sold in 2011.

I said "look, I'm flying to Nigeria on business....I'll meet you in person." The line went dead....
    02-25-13 10:47 PM