A friend of mine got a hold of a Z10 through his work. The screen is broken, but as far as I can tell, it seems fine otherwise. However, the screen doesn't turn on at all. I took it apart and put it back together to see how hard it was to do; is there a possibility that I just cracked the screen more to the point where it doesn't display anything? I think it did before I took it apart. The touch has never worked.
    04-06-15 12:02 AM
    Transfer the mainboard into another Z10 housing.
    Insert the battery and replace the back cover and it's done !
    This should take about 15 mins.
    Order on eBay ( don't forget tools )
    Total cost about $30.
    Make sure you check out some dis-assembly videos on youtube.
    04-06-15 12:43 AM
    Check out this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-z10-1011571/

Folks do replace the screen as it is supposedly a reasonable procedure. Just make sure you know which model it is/needs - check the number on the back of the screen. The Verizon screen is supposedly different.

Can you hook it up to an hdmi tv with a micro-hdmi cable and see if anything shows. Battery might need charging.
    04-06-15 12:44 AM
    There is also a password on it; the only way to reset the device is by entering the wrong password 10 times?
    04-06-15 12:28 PM
    There is also a password on it; the only way to reset the device is by entering the wrong password 10 times?
    Shawn, yes, the only way to get rid of the password is to enter it incorrectly 10 times and the phone will go into a security wipe mode and nuke the phone. BUT, it's more important to get the screen to work first. I have successfully replaced the screen and metal housing on my Z10 previously. Though my screen originally showed information, the touch digitizer was useless (by design since the digitizer is closely linked to the functionality of the screen). So you will not be able to enter a wrong password to reset the phone until you replace the screen unit...

Though I have posted very detailed directions on how to change out a screen in these forums, you will need a T1 and T3 torx screwdriver, you will need to know if your phone is a 3G or 4G phone (what is the Z10 model STL 100-1, 2, 3 etc?) Is the SD card slot above or below the SIM card slot? This is important information as 4G phones have their SIM slot below the SD slot (the SD slot is highest positioned on the phone near the top of the battery (where the + and - icons are)). There is so much to write here to help you but I will see if I can find my other detailed posts for you to read through...
    04-06-15 01:08 PM
    Ok, I already used Link to reset it. Link says device setup incomplete, which makes sense. I already had taken the device apart to the point where the screen was completely detached, and I didn't find it very hard.
    04-06-15 01:19 PM
    You need to complete setup on device.
    This is why you need a working screen.
    04-06-15 01:21 PM
    You need to complete setup on device.
    This is why you need a working screen.
    Yeah, I know. I'll either order a screen or find some damaged Z10 with an intact screen.
    04-06-15 02:54 PM
    I have been trying to tell you that there are two screen types. One for a 3G phone and one for a 4G phone. Make sure you get the right one or else your screen won't work. The part numbers vary by only one digit. Read my replies in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ement-1008926/
    04-07-15 12:24 PM
    I have been trying to tell you that there are two screen types. One for a 3G phone and one for a 4G phone. Make sure you get the right one or else your screen won't work. The part numbers vary by only one digit. Read my replies in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ement-1008926/
    I'm trying to use a mainboard from a Bell STL100-3.
    Have put it into a new 4g housing but get nothing on screen.

Do you think I should be using a 3g model instead ?
    04-07-15 12:33 PM
    A STL100-3 is a 4G model.
    chaosdivine and goodayeh like this.
    04-07-15 01:21 PM
    Yes, I realize there are two screen types. I just haven't looked into getting a new screen yet, and the device isn't critical to anyone, so there's no rush for me.
    04-09-15 06:15 PM