You see, I bought myself a 2010 X5 M (...yeah, I know, lucky me),...anyway, the bucket of bolts doesn't have BT audio capabilities. :-(( Determined to play music on my Z10 in it without wires, I did a little research and found that some are using the BlackBerry Music Gateway as a BT pass-through and lo-and-behold it works and works quite well! I ordered the BB MG from Crackberry,...paid a bit more than I would have elsewhere, but I wanted to give back just as CB.com and many of you have given to me. So, thanks CB.com for the fast shipping,...as I already have my BB MG setup in my 0'10 X5 M. Major props.... JMD

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 06-02-14 at 09:43 PM.
    04-20-14 02:11 PM
    glad to see you found the creative solution!
    04-20-14 02:13 PM
    You see, I bought myself a 2010 X5 M (...yeah, I know, lucky me),...anyway, the bucket of bolts doesn't have BT audio capabilities. :-(( Determined to play music on my Z10 in it without wires, I did a little research and found that some are using the BlackBerry Music Gateway as a BT pass-through and lo-and-behold it works and works quite well! I ordered the BB MG from Crackberry,...paid a bit more than I would have elsewhere, but I wanted to give back just as CB.com and many of you have given to me. So, thanks CB.com for the fast shipping,...as I already have my BB MG setup in my 0'10 X5 M. major props.... JMD

Posted via CB10
    Nicely done. I tried the BB Music Gate way in my car at the time and while it worked great, I had no control over my phone while its in my holster. New driving law states that the phone cannot be touched at anytime a person is in the car. even if its stopped at a traffic light. I was never a text and drive person, but I do have to take phone calls incase its clients. So I bought the Kinivio BTC450:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Kinivo-BTC450-B...UvbUpU10268050

Works like a charm. Plugs through the Aux port of the car stereo, works perfectly with Voice Controls (press and hold the button and it'll beep with Voice Controls) and works awesome with Music streaming as it has Forward/Back controls for songs skipping.

Good luck.
    04-21-14 10:09 AM
    I have the Gateway too and we use it daily. My husband uses his Samsung Galaxy S2 with it too.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-21-14 08:08 PM
    It's great piece but for some reason I can't skip songs using steering wheel controls on my 3 serious

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:15 PM
    I have the Gateway too and we use it daily. My husband uses his Samsung Galaxy S2 with it too.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Wait a minute. I thought you're a dad?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:22 PM
    You see, I bought myself a 2010 X5 M (...yeah, I know, lucky me),...anyway, the bucket of bolts doesn't have BT audio capabilities. :-(( Determined to play music on my Z10 in it without wires, I did a little research and found that some are using the BlackBerry Music Gateway as a BT pass-through and lo-and-behold it works and works quite well! I ordered the BB MG from Crackberry,...paid a bit more than I would have elsewhere, but I wanted to give back just as CB.com and many of you have given to me. So, thanks CB.com for the fast shipping,...as I already have my BB MG setup in my 0'10 X5 M. major props.... JMD

Posted via CB10
    Many people do not know the BB Gateway can act as a BT input as well!
    04-21-14 08:30 PM
    It's great piece but for some reason I can't skip songs using steering wheel controls on my 3 serious

Posted via CB10
    Because its way too serious! I mean two serious is over the top but three serious! Gosh turn that seriousness down a notch... or two :P

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 10:09 PM
    Wait a minute. I thought you're a dad?

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Nope but that thread was getting sooooo long, regarding my daughter's Z10, that I did not bother correcting the assumption that I was a dad.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-21-14 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the post, I had never heard of the music gateway. I don't know why bt was left off my car radio but it was. However I would still be interested because I have never been in a tractor trailer unit with bt.
    04-21-14 10:57 PM
    I was just thinking of doing this to my car too. I'd still have to find a way to install a auxiliary input, but when I do, I'm going to link it with the BlackBerry music gateway.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:05 PM
    I was just thinking of doing this to my car too. I'd still have to find a way to install a auxiliary input, but when I do, I'm going to link it with the BlackBerry music gateway.

Posted via CB10
    In some cases a nice aftermarket deck with a input is the way to go.
    04-22-14 01:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can install a cd charger interface adaptor. Plug'n'play. For example xcarlink, dension, yatour, etc. Google 'em
    You get support for aux in, usb, micro sd.
    They come also with bluetooth adaptors, for a2dp (music streaming) but also for phone calls (you get mic too).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:51 AM
    Lol. Nope but that thread was getting sooooo long, regarding my daughter's Z10, that I did not bother correcting the assumption that I was a dad.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    DAUGHTER? I thought you had a son!!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    04-22-14 02:14 AM
    I'm a BlackBerry gateway user in my car. My car all didn't come with bluetooth, obviously, so I also installed a CK3000 parrot car kit with a harness and module that allowed me to use my steering wheel controls for phone calls.
    http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php
    I've used these products in my 06 audi a3, 05 BMW x3, and 05 Dodge Ram. Both the Audi and BMW both used the harness and steering wheel control module. Dodge was just a harness. Nice thing is the ability to connect to multiple bluetooth devices at the same time ( gateway to stream and car kit takes over when a call comes in. If you want more information pm me.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:22 PM
    I'd like to get a BlackBerry MG for my house audio but in my 07 Acura RDX that has hands free BT but doesn't have A2DP capability I use this.

Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit...

Crackberry saved me abt 00.00!-11631836-kensington-liquidaux-bluetooth-car-kit.jpg

I have my Z10 connect to my Acura BT for voice calls then in my setting for the LiquidAUX, I have only BT audio streaming applied and voice calling off.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 11:07 PM
    DAUGHTER? I thought you had a son!!

Posted via CB10
    I have a son and a daughter :-)

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-23-14 10:36 PM