Don't hate me... but does the Crackberry.com app have any background processes that drain the battery?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:29 PM
    Given that it has options in the settings to keep it updating "as long as the app is still open", it seems pretty clear they don't yet have access to the background service (headless app) capabilities. Most of us don't either, yet. That would mean no, merely having the app installed would not impact battery life, and likewise once you close it.
    03-25-13 08:50 PM
    But how come the red message splat comes up even when it is not running. This would lead me to believe it is updating in the background.
    03-25-13 08:55 PM
    you can set it to manual Sync interval and turn off the Background Sync, just go to the Settings of the CB app.
    03-25-13 08:58 PM
    The red splat could appear by way of the Push service. Maybe they've set it up so they can notify people when new front-page material is available (or whatever). That's not the same as background services, but I believe for now those are the only two ways it could happen so it's either Push, or I'm wrong about them not having access to the headless app stuff yet.

It doesn't do that for me though. Maybe a setting I disabled?
    03-25-13 09:47 PM
    Even with the background service disabled and the update set to manual, I still get the "splat" showing up. So.... if this is the equivalent of getting several email notifications per hour over the course of the day, this will indeed be a battery drain.

Perhaps someone from CrackBerry can answer this issue?
    03-26-13 08:25 AM