While in the process of getting my Zed 10 today I just couldn't believe what I heard from the ATT Rep...

Some guy had an old blackberry curve and the ATT Rep was trying to get him to 'upgrade' to an iPhone 4 for $1. Apparently they have a lot of them they are trying to move.

I couldn't believe what I heard, so I jumped in and started showing off the NEW Z10. Apparently the guy with the curve didn't even know what the Z10 was capable of because he asked if it had Apps, and could connect to social media. Geez.

Once i showed off the keyboard with the flick typing, he was sold.. well, after I convinced him it had "Siri" like functionality.

I think everyone in here should really show off their Z10 to at least 2 people (maybe they might be convince to get one). I know it's not your job to sell these things but if nobody buys them... well, the developers won't make the cool native apps for it.

</sandbox>
    03-22-13 08:49 PM
    This story and hundreds of others I've heard over time are exactly why I would never rely on a store assistant's advice on which phone to buy. Nor should anyone else.
    TrueKulcha and big_time2 like this.
    03-22-13 08:56 PM
    Anytime I've had to deal with store associates, I've had to explain things about my Blackberry that they had no idea existed. I have had associate say, "You still using a Blackberry? Did you know you could get two iPhones for the price of one today?" It's lack of training and most associates don't really care about customer service so they don't bother learning anything they are not forced to learn. You should do your homework before entering any phone store.
    arrodiii and big_time2 like this.
    03-22-13 09:19 PM
    Protip: Store reps are quite often people who couldn't hack it in the nearest call center and got canned. At least in my area, they are.

Just remember, you go to a store to buy things, you call support to get help, and you read to learn about things. Don't mix them up, and you'll go far.
    deltact, jacknewp and robkd like this.
    03-22-13 09:20 PM
    For a dollar? What the.

Anyway, that is great you got the guy on the Z10. Word of mouth... will be key here in the U.S.
    big_time2 and Eric Shapiro like this.
    03-22-13 09:29 PM
    Well done sir OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:39 PM
    Not all wireless reps are the same and store experiences vary from location to location. My tip: once you find a knowledgable store, stick with them. Some reps are smartphone enthusiasts (not just salespeople) and are open-minded about all operating systems.

It's a shame that AT&T continues to live and die by the iPhone, when there are 3 other platforms to choose from. And Apple products cost carriers the most money and time to recuperate from the subsidies of 2-year contracts.

I don't understand why reps favor and/or push certain phones, when their commission does not depend on the type of device they sell. They are doing the customer a disservice when a sale or recommendation is made without proper qualification. Not everybody wants the same phone!

Let's hope that BlackBerry has better results when the other big-3 U.S. carriers start selling the devices.
    deltact likes this.
    03-22-13 10:00 PM
    I had a similar experience the day before the z10's Canadian launch. This TELUS rep demoed it for me and just kept comparing it to the iPhone - didn't even know about the "peek" feature. I can't stand iSheep...-__-
    03-22-13 10:12 PM
    Whatever happened to the sales people that knew about all of the products they sold? I hated going shopping for electronics/appliances with my parents when I was kid because the salesman would take his/her time to show them all that the product could do. Now that I'm an adult, I completely understand why my parents kept going back to these same salesmen. Seems like people took pride in their job/craft/work back then as opposed to most workers of today. There's no shame in selling products, its a respectable and honest job. So learn your craft!
    03-22-13 10:20 PM
    Went to a store to buy a SD card for my Z10. I asked the sales person which class card I should buy. I asked him if he knew if a class 10 SD would work in a Z10. His reply was SD card come in different classes. I did not know that. I bought a class 10 and it works fine.
    03-22-13 10:22 PM
    Today I went to a different store to get a screen protector and I noticed a lot of other phones had their demo mode running. I asked the rep if he was going to turn it on and he said he didn't have time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:00 PM
    The store I went to the reps were great, I went to the Rogers store and the rep they're had the z10 and they had nothing but good to say about it

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-23-13 06:02 PM
    An hour after I purchase I went to one of my first suppliers for my business. right off that bat, the guy says, IS THAT THE NEW Z10, well yea. Let me show you. very happ guy. Second supplier, young lady asked, wow is that a new phone. Wel yea, letme tell you a bit about it :0) You can assume the rest and she is sold on it and wa in the process of an upgrade next week.

today went to the second suplier mentioned above and another young lady asked, is that a new phone. Well yes, the NEW Z10. She of course broke out with here 9900. She did not know about the new Z10. Showed here all the new features including my netflix app in action.

So yea I have been a bit of a salesman lately, with one convert under my belt so far.
    I think everyone in here should really show off their Z10 to at least 2 people (maybe they might be convince to get one).

</sandbox>
    Alexander Tran likes this.
    03-23-13 06:28 PM
    Today I happen to be on a military base so I decided to stop by the exchange(store) because I knew they have a cell phone kiosk that sponsored Verizon, T-mo and At&t cell phones. When I first walked up I noticed that there were more sales reps than normal. One sales rep greeted me as soon as she saw me, I asked here if they had the Z10 she stated yes with a smile but the one on display was just a shell with a sticker on the display, I was able to hold it in my hands it still had a great feel to it. but wasn't able to play with it. Her comment was that the phone really didn't feel like it was much of anything. At the same time she was ready to sale me one, the only thing is that it was At&t and I'm on T-mo. I asked here did she know when T-mo would get one in and she stated that she didn't know that the Z10 was coming in. I could tell she was new because I 've been coming to that store for months now. But before I left she did suggest that I go to a T-mo store to see if they had one that I could actually play with.
    03-23-13 06:37 PM
    Have been in cellular sales the last two years, by very wary of what the salesperson is pushing on you. Usually it is because the manufacturer has some sort of "bonus" going with how many you sell. Other reasons include better profit margin's on certain devices, so you make more money selling that particular device. I always try to figure out what the customer needs to have the best experience, but if the customer doesn't really have anything in mind, the first thing I do is go to either the iPhone because it is an easy sale, or to the phone that I would make the most money on. I know it's not right, but it is what it is. As well, I currently work for a Sprint Agent, and well, we know Sprint isn't getting the phone, which sucks.

If anyone knows how I can get a job at Verizon or AT&T to sell these phones, hit me up. The market is going towards more and more pure touch screen phones for the general consumer. It's so funny how many times I hear, "I want a touch screen phone."
    03-23-13 06:44 PM