due to the second phone bricking on me i shall miss my z10. i really would like to keep my blackberry but i can not go through this a third time. since att does not offer the z30 in store and im not willing to wait a few more days without my i will have to chose between andriod or windows, i refuse to go ios... the thought of not owning a blackberry sickens me. so with that said does any one have any suggestions? i know nothing about these other platforms
    03-21-14 07:50 AM
    buy a Z30 online at shopblackberry. It's unlocked at the factory and you can use it on AT&T's network
    03-21-14 07:55 AM
    You could always get a Z30.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-21-14 07:56 AM
    To OP, good by.
    03-21-14 07:59 AM
    due to the second phone bricking on me i shall miss my z10. i really would like to keep my blackberry but i can not go through this a third time. since att does not offer the z30 in store and im not willing to wait a few more days without my i will have to chose between andriod or windows, i refuse to go ios... the thought of not owning a blackberry sickens me. so with that said does any one have any suggestions? i know nothing about these other platforms
    How did you brick it man?
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    03-21-14 08:04 AM
    Samsung S Series are good phones, I like the form-factor of the Mini's. A new mini could be out within a month or two.. the S5 is out in three weeks.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 08:16 AM
    Never understood threads like this. I know if I was changing platforms no one here would know, that's for certain.

Sour grapes?
    Attention seeking?
    Trolling?
    What ever it is, it's pointless

...smh

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-21-14 08:21 AM
    Give those others the try. Hopefully one of them suits your needs. I would like to try a windows phone but simply no one I know has one. In my situation I would risk a third bricking! I've tried using Android and iOS phones and saw no compelling reason to switch. I continue to use a Z10.
    03-21-14 08:32 AM
    Good Bye* -- Blackberry didn't catch that one,

I think when someone is about to building jump the correct answer is not 'Good Bye'

He is asking for suggestions he comes to CB to write why he is switching hoping there is an answer and everyone dares him to go

You are right. I recommend OP to try a few and determine what works best for them.
    03-21-14 08:50 AM
    I tried to use a Galaxy S3 mini for a while when emailing wasn't working properly on my Z10, I can't really fault the phone as it just worked but I felt the UI was cumbersome and felt like I was using a toy all the time, after a couple of weeks I went back to the Z10 and it was like a breath of fresh air.

I can't help on the Windows phone as I have never used one or even seen one in action.

Hope this helps in some way.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:06 AM
    Dude - Pick up a Z30 from shopblackberry.com. You suggested you'd take a Z30 if your carrier had one, but you can buy one directly from Blackberry, which can be used on your carrier. Problem solved. Not sure why you wouldn't do this. My Z30 is absolutely amazing. Never an issue. Go grab yourself a 30!
    03-21-14 09:16 AM
    I too would recommend the Z30. It's simply on the best devices out there. But before that happens, perhaps we can help you with your Z10. You say it bricked twice. Can you tell us what occurred?
    03-21-14 09:22 AM
    I would like to try a windows phone but simply no one I know has one.
    I recently made the switch from BB to WP8 with the release of the Lumia Icon. I was in the same boat, with none of my friends having any experience. I can say that I am pleased with WP8 and it meets my needs, but like any OS shift, there is a learning curve. Nokia phones are exceptionally well engineered and built and have a premium feel to them, which made the switch easier. And with BBM coming this summer to WP, the switch was a lot easier. There are still things I miss from my BB (notification light, for example), but I am impressed with the amount of things the Icon can do as well. With most companies givign a 14 day return period, I would highly recommend anyone interested, giving WP a try, even if just for the experience of what the other "non-player" OS is doing.

My two farthings.
    ~Ex
    03-21-14 09:30 AM
    Between android and wp8. I would honestly choose wp8. I used wp7 since it launched then switched to bb10 when the z10 came out.

I have android on my nexus 7 and I seriously couldn't use it on a phone as a daily device.

IMHO bb10 is a better platform than wp, or Android.

I say stay with bb10, but if you really can't look at a Nokia lumia device, next best choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:40 AM
    It would help if you say what phone activities are important to you and what you do most frequently on your phone. The recommendation could go either way depending on your needs.
    03-21-14 09:48 AM
    Does the Z30 get LTE bandwidth from AT&T?
    I only ask because in already paying for it.

Posted via Z10 10.2
    03-21-14 09:54 AM
    Does the Z30 get LTE bandwidth from AT&T?
    I only ask because in already paying for it.

Posted via Z10 10.2
    go here , https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8RXaY2Lb , get ALL the specs. In short, yes of course it does.
    03-21-14 10:07 AM
    Really cant blame you on this. I would get a galaxy phone. Thats what I use besides my z10. I would suggest not even to purchase a phone from shopblackberry. It is actually digital river. They are an absolute joke! Read up on this under the z30 forums. That model is not fully compatible with at&t. They probably will never carry the -1. So if you jump ship I myself understand.
    03-21-14 10:20 AM
    I would get a Z30 direct from BB. I have never bricked a phone, so I really don't know why others have problems like this. I'm real happy with my Z10, almost to the point that I feel sorry for anyone who carries an IOS or Android. A windows phone is where I would jump if BB is not an option.
    03-21-14 10:33 AM
    Do what I did I tried an experienced z1s for the 14 day period on t-mobile while I worked out the issues with mine. It's a good amount of time to get a feel for the platform and as for WP you could pick up an entry level one unlocked to try out the UI and if they don't satisfy you just return.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:54 AM
    I tried to use a Galaxy S3 mini for a while when emailing wasn't working properly on my Z10, I can't really fault the phone as it just worked but I felt the UI was cumbersome and felt like I was using a toy all the time, after a couple of weeks I went back to the Z10 and it was like a breath of fresh air.

Posted via CB10
    That happened to me too! A guy sold me a z10 that only worked in EGDE.

He was going to replace it and gave me that mini phone, God I hated that thingy... iI couldn't multi task, hated the keyboard, etc. but now I have my z10 and I love it!
    03-21-14 11:01 AM
    I'm still wondering how the phone keeps bricking? It doesn't just happen.
    03-21-14 11:07 AM
    I would get a Z30 direct from BB. I have never bricked a phone, so I really don't know why others have problems like this. I'm real happy with my Z10, almost to the point that I feel sorry for anyone who carries an IOS or Android. A windows phone is where I would jump if BB is not an option.
    Windows, OUCH!
    03-21-14 11:17 AM
    OP any current Galaxy model may satisfy your need. Give Android a try. I've never used Android but since you don't want to use BlackBerry or iOS. Windows is definitely another option. Good luck.

? CB10 ?
    03-21-14 11:32 AM
    Phones don't brick themselves. That being said who cares if you're leaving the platform. These threads are pointless.

It didn't work for you so be it go android or whatever you want. Not like you're going to get milk and cookies for saying I am leaving or the platform sucks..
    Lmao!!!
    03-21-14 11:34 AM
47 12