I have been a BlackBerry user for many years now (since the 7000 Series). For software demos a couple of years ago, I got an iPhone 4. I could never get used to the iPhone virtual keyboard (fat fingers). So I have never used the iPhone for anything other than demos of one of the apps we support!

The virtual keyboard on the Z10 looks very interesting ... but I am not sure if I can get used to a virtual keyboard. So my question is: if I get a Z10 and realize that I do need a physical keyboard, will I be able to convert my data back from the Z10 to BB 9900 format until the Q10 comes out?

My first BB 9900 had really bad battery life so I returned it. I was able to move the data back to my 9700. But finally, the 9700 died ... and I bought a 9900 and a spare battery!

Anyone out on CrackBerry land know about converting back from BB10 format to BB9900?

Thanks very much,

John
    02-02-13 12:43 PM
    How do you mean converting back? If you don't like it, just stick your SIM back in the old phone and re-associate your ID with that device.. the apps are all different from v7 anyway.

I have to say though.. out of all of the touchscreen keyboards, this is by FAR the best one I have ever used.. the iPhone one I thought was good.. but this makes that look dated
    johnm243 likes this.
    02-02-13 12:47 PM
    Trust me, you'll love it. I swore to myself I'll never use a virtual keyboard. Only after a few days of using the Z10, I retired my 9900. When the Q10 comes out I might not even switch back.
    02-02-13 12:54 PM
    It may feel weird at first but do give it a few days. Like any habit it does take a little time to change. Z10 has the awesomest virtual keyboard out there, stock or not and I found myself typing very quickly on it even in portrait mode which is kind of hard for me otherwise. In landscape the keyboard is actually wider than the physical one would be, making it even easier to type on...
    johnm243 likes this.
    02-02-13 12:57 PM
    If you are worried that it will be anything like the storm.. then please don't, its a storm in a teacup The Storm was just .. a joke
    johnm243 likes this.
    02-02-13 12:58 PM
    Blackberry protect, device switch, etc. Yeah there are ways.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    johnm243 likes this.
    02-02-13 01:05 PM
    How do you mean converting back? If you don't like it, just stick your SIM back in the old phone and re-associate your ID with that device.. the apps are all different from v7 anyway.

I have to say though.. out of all of the touchscreen keyboards, this is by FAR the best one I have ever used.. the iPhone one I thought was good.. but this makes that look dated
    Thanks MattUK. If I have to go back to the 9900, I don't want to lose emails (especially)...

John
    02-03-13 03:31 AM
    Trust me, you'll love it. I swore to myself I'll never use a virtual keyboard. Only after a few days of using the Z10, I retired my 9900. When the Q10 comes out I might not even switch back.
    That is great news!

Thanks much,

John
    02-03-13 03:33 AM
    It may feel weird at first but do give it a few days. Like any habit it does take a little time to change. Z10 has the awesomest virtual keyboard out there, stock or not and I found myself typing very quickly on it even in portrait mode which is kind of hard for me otherwise. In landscape the keyboard is actually wider than the physical one would be, making it even easier to type on...
    Also great info, thanks very much!

John
    02-03-13 03:34 AM
    If you are worried that it will be anything like the storm.. then please don't, its a storm in a teacup The Storm was just .. a joke
    I am a CRM consultant so I work a lot with people in sales. I remember a training session I was doing when the first Storm came out and one of my clients bought it for all their mobile reps.

The younger reps just loved it ... and the older ones were along the lines of "what do I do with this thing, give me back my old BB"? They eventually all got used to it, but it was definitely a young persons BB!

John
    02-03-13 03:40 AM
    Blackberry protect, device switch, etc. Yeah there are ways.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    Will Device Switch work from a Z10 to a 9900? I am really worried that the email format is different on OS 10 vs OS 7 and, as a BIS user, my biggest worry is that I will lose emails that came in while on the Z10 if I have to move back!

John
    02-03-13 03:43 AM
    Will Device Switch work from a Z10 to a 9900? I am really worried that the email format is different on OS 10 vs OS 7 and, as a BIS user, my biggest worry is that I will lose emails that came in while on the Z10 if I have to move back!

John
    I'm having a problem doing this...I wanted to go back to my 9900 for a while until I find the right accessories for my Z10, but Link doesn't recognize the 9900 to
    go back to....and although most things seem ok so far, it looks like I have to re-invite all my BBM contacts.

I simply took my SIM card out and inserted it into the 9900, which gave me everything I had before, including emails, Blackberry World, etc...
    However, my BBM contacts aren't transferring over.

Anyone else tried this yet?
    02-23-13 04:57 PM
    I so far, find this z10 virtual keyboard, exceptional. My comparison is vs the Android variants I just moved from (Swype, and the other one). On Android, I would find that sometimes my keypresses were being picked up wrong (like I'm not hitting the key right on), but I don't seem to have this issue at all, with the z10 keyboard. Seems very accurate.
    02-24-13 09:52 AM