I have my friends using iPhone 4 and 4s. I showed them my z10 and by just seeing BlackBerry logo they gave it to me and told that who uses this **** phone these days. I wonder what kind of revenge they have against BlackBerry?

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    Did they go "baaaah" like sheep when they said it?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    mmcclure0453 and BionicKris like this.
    02-01-15 11:04 PM
    Did they go "baaaah" like sheep when they said it?

Nope...
    You can't change their minds about iPhone right.....
    Another guy having micromax canvas said that z10 is a waste phone as it doesn't have wi-fi direct. Thinking if I have bought an iPhone 5c than it would have been better....

02-02-15 12:35 AM
    Nice job OP and good thread. If she is happy with the Z10 then that's all that matters.

I'm using a phone older than both Z10 and 4S, and I'm happy with it.

Everyone happy here except for vbdwork.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Dave Bourque and filanto like this.
    02-02-15 12:38 AM
    No one can do a full evaluation of a phone in 2 days. She's will be happy until she wants to do something that is simply impossible on BB10 or requires a workaround. Like printing a picture on a WiFi printer or connecting BB10 to some wearable device without native support (almost all of them). For non tek-savvy person it's the end of this BB10 device.
    So you are arguing that you know that someone you don't know personally can't know that she's happy after two days and will soon discover that she's unhappy.

Or maybe the sideloaded apps aren't all that important to her and instead of crying that the sky is falling, she will just say "meh" and carry on using the phone.

See I don't know her either, so my hypothesis is just as valid as yours.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris and clickitykeys like this.
    02-02-15 06:25 PM
    In all these threads there is always someone whining about how fast he can type e-mails on his Blackberry. So typical, LOL.

I think the iPhone 5 and onwards are way better devices then the Z10 en Z30. Also the ecosystem is way better. But the devices cost more money too. Maybe a fresh install on the 4S can do some good but the processor is just too old for the latest Apple software and the bad is that one can't revert back to older versions of the OS. Besides a strong feeling about security, privacy and cost there is not really a reason to choose for the Z10 or Z30.
    02-02-15 07:26 PM
    I think the iPhone 5 and onwards are way better devices then the Z10 en Z30.
    You know nothing. There is a pages long thread here on CB comparing Z10 to iPhone 6... you have to think that Z10 is always better, otherwise you are just a common troll on CB. Don't event try to compare hardware or software. And apps availability and quality means absolutely nothing. BlackBerry is better, no matter what model, even 3-years old. Got it? LOL
    02-02-15 10:53 PM
    I'm just saying that 5C is a batter package. Z10 is a significant downgrade, both on hardware and software. I'm running my own business too and the companies I work with all dumped Q10 in favor of iPhone 5. And I'm talking about companies with Canada-wide services, not local car repair garages or hair saloons. BlackBerry used to be a business tool, now many business specific applications are not available for BB10. Business is not just phone calls and emails these days. I can't use anymore BB10 as my main device for business purposes for the very same reason - applications not available. Sorry, this is the reality.

Excuse my french, this is complete BS. BB10 outside BES is no more secure than Android, iPhone or WP. BB10 connected to Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. is as secure as everything else connected to the same services. What so secure is needed for a person running small business? Is the lady above selling drugs or weapons?

Of course. And you can do way more on 4S. That's why Z10 new can be found for $100 (BestBuy Canada - Telus Prepaid), but a used iPhone 4S 16GB in good condition is $250.
    Try putting 30gb of music on that iphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:50 PM
    You know nothing. There is a pages long thread here on CB comparing Z10 to iPhone 6... you have to think that Z10 is always better, otherwise you are just a common troll on CB. Don't event try to compare hardware or software. And apps availability and quality means absolutely nothing. BlackBerry is better, no matter what model, even 3-years old. Got it? LOL
    Than what is it you need to compare to BlackBerry? If they release an all touch BlackBerry device with high end specs this year than many people will buy it.....

02-02-15 11:55 PM
    Yes, 30GB music is one of the most popular business tools for a phone. True, 16GB iPhone can't handle this productivity.

Than what is it you need to compare to BlackBerry?
    In 2015 I can compare Z10 only to a low-end phone for $100-150. It's relatively slow, runs very unpopular OS with very few good native apps, and has limited compatibility with Android ecosystem. Original Galaxy S from 2010 updated to JellyBean runs Android apps better than Z10, tested, confirmed. It's a no match to anything above Galaxy S2 or iPhone 4S. Galaxy S3 uses the same SoC, but is faster with its native apps, iPhone 5 is much faster with iOS apps. Sorry, this is what I see with my own eyes, can't lie just because the forum is called CrackBerry.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-03-15 04:29 PM
    Yes, 30GB music is one of the most popular business tools for a phone. True, 16GB iPhone can't handle this productivity.

In 2015 I can compare Z10 only to a low-end phone for $100-150. It's relatively slow, runs very unpopular OS with very few good native apps, and has limited compatibility with Android ecosystem. Original Galaxy S from 2010 updated to JellyBean runs Android apps better than Z10, tested, confirmed. It's a no match to anything above Galaxy S2 or iPhone 4S. Galaxy S3 uses the same SoC, but is faster with its native apps, iPhone 5 is much faster with iOS apps. Sorry, this is what I see with my own eyes, can't lie just because the forum is called CrackBerry.
    I thought you said it was not about a business person but a new user with little experience. So if it is a business type phone explain how easy it is to send more than one attachment in an email on an ios phone. Droids, win, and BlackBerry do it. Also give examples of limited compatibility,i have had about 80-90% success. I give you the speed, it is a two year old device. In my experience the 4s is a dog compared to my Z10. The 6 is in fact fast,but it just looks like a Droid with ios on it. I liked the 5s in the style of the device but the os just seems clunky. With a new ui I might reconsider it

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-03-15 08:30 PM
    So if it is a business type phone explain how easy it is to send more than one attachment in an email on an ios phone.
    Google knows everything. There’s an app for that. Actually there are many with different solutions. If a "business person" can't find the solution, it's better for him/her to leave the "business" alone and do something simple paid per hour. Millions iOS users do it somehow, right? It's not a straight forward process, but it's possible.

Also give examples of limited compatibility,i have had about 80-90% success.
    If you are talking about running Android apps on BB10 OS, then you'll have very little success with apps that require Google Services or direct hardware access/control. Every app that has integrated Google Maps location/directions, for example. Every app that tries to start/stop a device, for example. Every app that needs to run as device administrator, for example. Your only option is to find patched *.apk files, if available, many of them just ignoring Google Services requests, i.e. with limited functionality.
    02-03-15 08:57 PM
    Just using the factory email just seems easier than an app
    Converted an iPhone user-img_20150203_223303.png

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-03-15 09:34 PM
    Just using the factory email just seems easier than an app...
    Everything is an app, system or 3rd party. Once you get used to it, makes no big difference. Majority of business owners don't use BlackBerry and they are doing just fine - fact. iOS ecosystem offers many other apps not available for BB10 - fact. iPhone 5 offers much faster hardware compared to Z10 - fact. You may "convert" someone to Nokia 3110, but it doesn't make this particular phone the best solution out there.
    02-03-15 09:52 PM
    I run a business too and use a Z10 daily with no problems. I also have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. I design and write code on a Mac. I broke my Z10's screen 2 weeks ago and bought an iPhone 5, used it for 2 weeks, now I'm back in my Z10. I happen to like the hub and flow better than iOS and Android's. I happen to prefer being able to hit an accept button or view a scheduling conflict without leaving the hub. I prefer flicking words up from the keyboard. I prefer a 4.2" screen. The OP is happy that he converted an iPhone user and she is happy now. Leave it at that. Why rain on his parade? It's a personal choice.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 02:08 AM
    I'm waiting to see what the Linux based phones and tablets are going to be like

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 08:12 AM
    Your concerns center around the assumption that the OP's friend, who you do not even know personally, requires a smartphone platform which needs to specialize in interfacing with Android apps/ecosystem. The friend already expressed that they were happy with the phone, and it meets their needs.

Also, I don't agree with the way you are downplaying the Z10 as being a low-end or such an old phone that it can't compete. That's nonsense. I use a BlackBerry 9900 for business, which is much older and it still does a fine job for what I require.
    02-04-15 12:09 PM
    Your concerns center around the assumption that the OP's friend, who you do not even know personally, requires a smartphone platform which needs to specialize in interfacing with Android apps/ecosystem.
    Assumption?
    Please read OP posts again:

I installed the latest leak and followed cobalt's steps to get the fully functional play store apk installed.
    Your right, but most of the apps were available from amazon so we got them there first.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

The friend already expressed that they were happy with the phone, and it meets their needs.
    Will the OP share the news if his friend dumps the Z10 in a month and switches to a better device running iOS, Android or WP? Highly unlikely...
    02-04-15 01:15 PM
    Converted an iPhone user-e31.jpg
    BionicKris and filanto like this.
    02-04-15 02:03 PM
    What a weird thread.

Hey guys, I sold someone on BlackBerry and they love it.

Vbdwork - well you made the wrong choice because they shouldn't love it and it's terrible.

He posted from his sleek Z30.
    Last edited by Another_Chris; 02-04-15 at 07:29 PM.
    BionicKris and laketrout73 like this.
    02-04-15 03:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol. You can't!

BionicKris likes this.
    02-04-15 06:16 PM
    Assumption?
    Please read OP posts again:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Will the OP share the news if his friend dumps the Z10 in a month and switches to a better device running iOS, Android or WP? Highly unlikely...
    Apple...the bestest, most complete, most convenient, most user friendly, most innovative, most intelligent, phones, apps and operating system there is.

http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/ipho...told-by-apple/

BionicKris likes this.
    02-04-15 06:20 PM
    Apple...the bestest, most complete, most convenient, most user friendly, most innovative, most intelligent, phones, apps and operating system there is.

http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/ipho...told-by-apple/
    LOL. So true!

Proud BB10 user. The best kept secret in mobile ;-)
    02-04-15 10:27 PM
    Everything is an app, system or 3rd party. Once you get used to it, makes no big difference. Majority of business owners don't use BlackBerry and they are doing just fine - fact. iOS ecosystem offers many other apps not available for BB10 - fact. iPhone 5 offers much faster hardware compared to Z10 - fact. You may "convert" someone to Nokia 3110, but it doesn't make this particular phone the best solution out there.
    Why don't you just run along and go save your info to Dropbox or Mega or Box...oh wait.....well how about just attaching to an email easily....oh wait......how about just saving an attachment from your expanded memory card....oh never mind.

02-04-15 11:01 PM
    Dude, there are about 9 BlackBerry users and 9 gazillion Android and iOS users. And yet, you feel so insecure when one person converts to BlackBerry, that you want to keep tabs? What have we come to?

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-05-15 12:17 AM
74 123