Looks like someone else's contacts transferred to mine. Most of my original contacts and photos deleted but sometimes they return. What's up?
    04-14-15 10:25 AM
    Ok, will do, but if it relates to the old chestnutt that is:

- contact names randomly muddled together
    - contacts incorrectly merging with other contacts
    - contact data appearing different simply on exiting and re-entering contact record
    - saving changes to contact data having no effect, or updating a different record
    - duplicate contacts showing

... we might be unable to help. It's been discussed here at great length, has happened to every BB10 user I personally know at some point, reported to BlackBerry a multitude of times and even made it into the Guardian.

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely got issues. No argument there.

That said, as I've said in other forums, I'm not entirely convinced that BlackBerry is unique in problematic contacts. For example, every time I go into my Mac contacts app, contacts that were previously linked have suddenly been "unlinked". Ditto when I visit Google contacts. Likewise, all of them seem to cause issues whenever confronted with social media contacts that have been shared with another source.

When you start syncing contacts across devices, I'm convinced that each of the individual defects of various contacts apps and services work their "magic" in nefarious ways and it becomes ongoing chaos.

That said, even if contacts weren't shared, the BlackBerry contacts app has issues that should be fixed. But if you have contacts you want to share across devices like I do, things become even worse. :-S
    When you say "someone else's contacts", explain please. Someone you know? Is this a used phone with the former ID active?
    04-14-15 10:56 AM
    Ah, the never-ending mystery of the infamous, never-to-be-fixed BB10 Contacts App...

Sorry, but its behaviour will forever surprise. I don't have an explanation (beyond the fact that it is full of bugs), or a solution.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:01 AM
    Ah, the never-ending mystery of the infamous, never-to-be-fixed BB10 Contacts App...

Sorry, but its behaviour will forever surprise. I don't have an explanation (beyond the fact that it is full of bugs), or a solution.

Posted via CB10
    Not having any issues myself. Please let the OP explain.
    04-14-15 11:06 AM
    Something related to BBM contact or group you joined??

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:08 AM
    Not having any issues myself. Please let the OP explain.

- contact data appearing different simply on exiting and re-entering contact record
    - saving changes to contact data having no effect, or updating a different record

... we might be unable to help. It's been discussed here at great length, has happened to every BB10 user I personally know at some point, reported to BlackBerry a multitude of times and even made it into the Guardian.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely got issues. No argument there.

That said, as I've said in other forums, I'm not entirely convinced that BlackBerry is unique in problematic contacts. For example, every time I go into my Mac contacts app, contacts that were previously linked have suddenly been "unlinked". Ditto when I visit Google contacts. Likewise, all of them seem to cause issues whenever confronted with social media contacts that have been shared with another source.

When you start syncing contacts across devices, I'm convinced that each of the individual defects of various contacts apps and services work their "magic" in nefarious ways and it becomes ongoing chaos.

That said, even if contacts weren't shared, the BlackBerry contacts app has issues that should be fixed. But if you have contacts you want to share across devices like I do, things become even worse. :-S
    04-14-15 11:29 AM
    I suspect you picked up somebody else's phone :P.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-14-15 05:43 PM
    The contacts mess continues...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:14 PM
    I haven't had issues with contacts since 10.0. All that time I've had 11 email accounts, 9 with linked address books, spread across all major email providers and a couple minor ones. Plus Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. I wasn't happy with having contacts copied to all of them so I spent some time making sure my contacts for a particular organisation were only in that organisations address book. Since then it has been quite stable and bug free. So while I'm not going to suggest that there is nothing wrong with the Contacts application, it does seem that the cloud side, or maybe differences in the way they handle data, has a role. This is not unlike my experience with the early GMAIL application on BBOS which at one point got up to 14 copies of each contact before I figured out it was the culprit and stopped using it.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-30-15 05:56 PM
    I to have issues with my address book. Such as duplicate accounts,some with full info others with just a phone number in the duplicate. I also have issues with text messages showing the wrong name associated with an email,or text. So I now have to match the senders email or number to the proper name before I can respond. There seems to be no effect on outgoing data other than the wrong name at the top of the text screen. I am going to try the old battery pull and see if it is of any help.
    05-30-15 03:24 PM
    I never had any problems with my contacts app. Everything fine. All names, addresses, numbers etc. in best order, no mixing up.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 04:20 PM
    I never had any problems with my contacts app. Everything fine. All names, addresses, numbers etc. in best order, no mixing up.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you. Sadly, you're the exception rather than the rule.

Posted via C5303
    05-30-15 04:57 PM