Anyone else finding this new system a pain. Although I like having the contacts synced from diferent accounts it a real pain linking them,.. why could they not implement an auto linking feature :S

You might see this as a minor inconveniance, howerver working with many dif contact accounts and 500+ contacts this is horiible. Not to mention everytime I pull my battery my sim contacts get unlinked... and not being able to sync your phone with outlook directly is a major BOOO because that would be the only way to getting around merging all my contacts into one place thus not needing multi account contacts.

Anyways love the phone but some of these "minor" bugs are a REAL pain in the a**
    02-24-13 08:42 PM
    OS7 was indeed way better in this respect.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    02-24-13 08:55 PM
    regarding SIM contacts unlinking, This is what I had to do:

I had to go to my contacts and stop having contacts from my SIM card be displayed. You do that buy swiping from the top > settings and turn SIM Card Contacts to off. Then in that same screen go to the bottom and do import contacts from SIM. This saves those contacts to the device, so all your contacts are saved on the same hard drive.

I thought just keeping the SIM card in there and linking them would do the trick at first. Not the case, since whenever you restart the phone, I guess the device re recognizes the sim card, and so the contacts will unlink and SIM contacts will be displayed under a separate portrait than those saved on the device. Let me know if this works.
    03-06-13 04:48 PM
    yea this is what i did as a workaround and from time to time i delete my sim card contacts entirely from the settings as well. Still they need to fix this, and give you the option to disable saving to sim.

I have a funny feeling that the reason behind this is that the blackberry in curent state is unable to save or backup your contacts
    At first when i wiped my device and restored it I was in shock that my contacts came back as i hadnt synced or restored anything. I got thinking WOW blackberry finally links your contact list with your BlackBerry ID much like they do with BBM.

Well this was only wishfull thinking after discovering the contacts are being loaded to my sim.
    Although i have not tested this yet, but im betting that the curent backup on Desktop Link does not keep your contacts... anyone care to try or correct me Id be happy to hear it.
    03-06-13 09:12 PM